PDA

View Full Version : Tasha's Erratta

Foxhound438
2021-12-26, 09:34 PM
I haven't been frequenting the playground this month, but I stumbled upon the new erratta's for a bunch of books, including Tasha's. The same wave includes the removal of a ton of lore that I've seen complained about, but in terms of the rules changes it looks pretty quiet here.

https://dnd.wizards.com/dndstudioblog/sage-advice-book-updates

Of note to me, they've changed Eldritch Adept to allow you to choose any mental stat for the feature you gain. My first thought was "eldritch blast on every class", but I can't think of a way to get EB in wis or int off the top of my head... There's a couple of other decent invocations that rely on spellcasting mod, IIRC there's one that deals poison damage in a radius around you based on casting stat, and another that lets you damage things you've hexed, but I think those were both L5 warlock required... Anything else that you guys can see this being useful for?

Amechra
2021-12-26, 11:21 PM
I think it does something with exactly Misty Visions. You can arguably use it with Thief of Five Fates, but you need a Warlock spell slot to use that invocation in the first place...

JackPhoenix
2021-12-27, 12:05 AM
Even if you take one level of warlock... so you can use Eldritch Adept to pick invocations with prerequisites... the errata won't help with Agonizing Blast, as that one doesn't refer to spellcasting ability score, but Cha.