PDA

View Full Version : Looking for missing "shaper/morphing" prestige class

Almus Rayne
2021-12-27, 04:06 AM
Hello all. So I am looking for a certain prestige class that I know exists in one of the source books but I can't remember which one. I could have sworn it was just called "Shaper" but amongst all the druid wild shape material I cannot find it listed anywhere online. The primary feature of the class is to allow you to change your body parts into other things temporarily, such as morphing your arm into a giant monstrous claw or other such things.

I can distinctly remember what the art in the book looks like in reference to the class. It shows a human and their arm looks mutated to be almost the size that they are. It has become a giant claw which is teal or turquoise colored and looks gooey or lumpy. But I cannot for the life of me locate this prestige class anywhere! Can anyone help?

H_H_F_F
2021-12-27, 04:24 AM
Warshaper, perhaps? From complete warrior?

Edit: shaper of form doesn't have art like this IIRC, but you can find it in Dragon Compendium.

Paragon
2021-12-27, 05:47 AM
There is the shapeshifter class from OA p45 that gives you wildshape progression

mattie_p
2021-12-27, 05:53 AM
The picture you describe might be found on page 77 of the Dragon Compendium, but bears no resemblance to the class features of the Flux Adept, which is the prestige class found around that page..

Edit: I guess it comes from the Boiling Blood class feature at level 8, on further review.

Fizban
2021-12-27, 05:57 AM
99% I'd say you're looking for Warshaper in Complete Warrior, the picture is quite striking and yeah I suppose once you account for clothing the clawed arm is nearly the size of their head and torso, in addition to it being the only 1st party class that actually does that. The arm is also scaled rather than gooey or lumpy, but the art is also fairly soft-edged so I could see it being remembered without that detail.

H_H_F_F
2021-12-27, 06:03 AM
99% I'd say you're looking for Warshaper in Complete Warrior, the picture is quite striking and yeah I suppose once you account for clothing the clawed arm is nearly the size of their head and torso, in addition to it being the only 1st party class that actually does that. The arm is also scaled rather than gooey or lumpy, but the art is also fairly soft-edged so I could see it being remembered without that detail.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but the art description through me off enough to not be as decisive.

Almus Rayne
2021-12-27, 07:08 AM
Hello everyone, original poster here... And yup, you found it! It was Warshaper from Complete Warrior.

This really helps me out a lot, I appreciate the assistance. And funny enough, the memory I pulled from seeing this was over eight years ago lol. I don't think I realized at the time those were scales. But I can see that now.

Wildstag
2021-12-27, 02:16 PM
Yep, it's Warshaper, here's a redacted.

May want to scrub that, I'm fairly certain Warshaper's not part of the actual srd. At the very least it's not OGL.