PDA

View Full Version : Can a 20th level wizard kill infinite 2nd level monks?

Pages : 1 [2]

Talic
2007-11-27, 02:03 AM
How about this, I rephrase the contingency to include "any enemy whatsoever" being within the range of the contingency, and rephrase the contingency to cast Gate whenever any of the aformentioned things come within a range equel to the biggest range of any effect or range ever to cast GATE. The Wizard gates away as soon as the Gobbos are within any range of anything (including spells that effect the whole plane) and the Wizard then Gates, and then raises his aforementioned infinite army.

Too easy to trip the contingency. If anything from a CR 1/2 to epic that doesn't like you will trip it, without you necessarily seeing or knowing what it is, who are you raising the army against. I mean really, you'll walk into a bar to get a drink, and if the barkeep's had a bad day and spits in your drink, *poof* you just gated? Also, there's a level 5 or 6 limit to a contingency spell. Gate's a 9th level spell.

Now, let's drop the spell that unmakes the wizard. Ok, it triggers the gate, but then the epic spell erases his parent's existence. The wizard was never conceived. The wizard never went to wizard school. The wizard never cast a contingency. The wizard never killed anything, because the wizard never existed. Such spells aren't limited by planar boundaries. Epic spells are funny like that, they're powerful. A contingency doesn't really trump them. Sure, the spellcraft dc to cast that one would likely be up around 5,000.... But that's easy enough to achieve.

As for the other people trying to talk about infinity like it has levels and stages, they're wrong. Infinity is infinity. That's it. There aren't other levels of it. You can't compare it to other infinities and say that they are equal or unequal, because they are neither equal or unequal. Infinity is beyond measure by definition. What does that mean? Well, if you can't even measure it, because it never ends, then it can't be equal to anything. It's like saying silly putty is mathematically equal to play doh. There's no basis for mathematical comparison. Rather than equal or non equal, it's n/a.

Hmmm, so I misremembered Maw of Chaos....turns out it has no CL max. Therefore, using Consumptive Field (via Lim Wish) and Maw of Chaos (greater metamagic rod of widen), you would be surrouned by a 30' sphere of nosave death. After absorbing the souls of several hundred trillion gobos, you could then cast a new Maw of Chaos, which would do severalhundredtrilliond6 damage, with no save. Then just fly around on your permanant phantom steed swathing death and destruction across all you pass.

The question is, what would taking that much damage actually feel like? Ouch.

Also, having a str score of 2x severalhundredtrillion + base str would be pretty impressive. The things you could do with that modifier. You could make jump checks high enough to dimensionally "leap" with no spells. You could pick up the moon, and hurl it at the earth and probably do enough damage to destroy it, and all the goblins on it. You could lim wish a Divine Insight to make massively broken skill checks with your arbitrarily high CL, including DC10^(large number) spellcraft checks needed to cast truely "epic" epic spells. And on top of that, you have a 30' aura of instant death from untyped energy damage. You have bathed in the blood of infinite goblins and become a god greater than any in existance. Boo yea!

Infinite? No. Arbitrarily large? Yes. However, it's already been pointed out, that the gobbos can level, by the terms of the challenge. pretty much, as often as they want. So, while you're doing your swath on one side of the world, infinite gobbos on infinite planes and infinite planets are becoming epic.

And now, to my dear misguided friend....

No. Once they level they stop being a level 2 goblin monk. They become a level 2 goblin monk / X. And once that happens they are no longer are part of the challenge and thus don't matter.

Not true. Just because they're no longer on the wizard's kill list, doesn't mean the wizard is not on theirs. For a wizard to achieve a kill of infinite goblins with a finite kill method, that kill method must be over an infinite time. Which means that wizard must survive every challenge he comes up against, for all time, without exception. He must survive the goblins, as well at the dragons, rival wizards, and everything else. If he doesn't, he fails. And thus, by extension, you fail.

Everything effects everything else. My removing myself from the Prime Material plane means that I won't kill some beasty that I would have if I stayed. That beasty will go on to kill another beasty and so on. Eventually one of those beasties will kill a goblin. Now that applies to every being on every plane after I remove myself from the multiverse. And given an infinite amount of time it will kill and infinite number of goblins.

But you're referring to a time that will never be reached. Thus, your goal will never be reached. Prove that you've even done it in the first place.

As I said, indirectly.

The goal is more than survival. If that's the case, then a necklace of adaptation and a permenency on an otiluke's resilient sphere, surrounding yourself, on an immortal level 20 wizard would win. Time will pass even if the wizard dies. If the wizard magically aged the goblin to death, maybe. But arguing you win because the goblins aren't immortal is fallacy. Moreso, it's kinda silly.

Hmm. Well I can solo 4 Great Wrym Red Dragons in a day and they are CR 26. If they were CR 20 I would get 6,000 XP a piece. I need at most 20,000 XP to reach level 21. So I reach level 21 within about 10 miniutes of the challenge starting. You said it took you 48 hours. So I still get epic magic first.

48 hours is arbitrary. It's by no means definate. how long would it take a goblin to kill 256 goblins if he rolled nothing less than the best rolls possible in the least time possible, whilst his opponents rolled the worst rolls possible? With infinite goblins, that WILL happen. With your wizard and the dragons, it may. You're comparing a "May happen" to a "will happen" and saying it proves your point. Flawed answer from flawed logic.

You don't understand. Once I reach level 21 I have won. I get epic spellcasting. Once I have epic spellcasting I win.

Get to level 21 as a sure thing, every time, with a 0% possibility of failure, and I'll concede that you've done so. Well, except for the fact that you're no longer able to kill monks as a level 20 wizard. Remember, to win, you as a level 20 wizard must kill infinite goblins. For you to lose, anything in the multiverse but prevent you from doing so. Using what you gave me, I showed you something that will kill him every time, eventually. But killing the wizard isn't the challenge. It's simply the way I chose to prevent him from killing goblins. Now, if you can kill infinite level 2 monk goblins with a level 20wizard who never existed, you have a good shot at pulling this off. Otherwise, you lose.

Again, flawed logic, flawed result. I'm sure you've heard of the term GIGO?

Sigh. No. Once your monks level at all they stop being the level 2 goblin monks specified in the challenge. They become irrelevant.

"Not on my wizard's kill list" does not equal "irrelevant". Man, you really seem to have a problem with simple comparison.

Because there are far to many people who put up with far to much crap.

And I seem to be one of them, judging by the quality of your arguement.

No. I just need epic spellcasting. And if you change the terms of teh challenge, which happens if you level your goblins, they I can change them for the wizard as well. And he becomes some epic godkilling wank fest.

Terms of the challenge didn't change. I simply showed you an additional threat to the wizard, in addition to time, and everything else in the multiverse. I showed you a new challenge using D&D RAW and only things guaranteed to exist by the nature of the challenge itself. I showed how this is guaranteed to happen, eventually, given the number of goblins (innumerable). However, you are trying to change the terms of the challenge. The terms are for a level 20 wizard to kill level 2 monks. If the monk is not level 2, then it doesn't add to the kill count if the wizard kills it. If the wizard is not level 20, then nothing he kills will add to the kill count. That there are other things, things which the wizard need not kill, but, being former targets of the wizard, certainly wish him dead, well, that's a completely different matter altogether. And one you now have to factor into your challenge, while only using the capabilites of a level 20 wizard. For you to fail, the wizard must die or change level (up or down) before achieving infinite goblin kills. The level 2 goblins need not kill him. Anything can and he fails. You are fighting the war of conquest. I've got a defensive battle. In order to win, I need only not lose. If you can't achieve definitive victory without altering the rules of the universe and D&D so that every goblin who achieves 3,000 xp is irrevocably and totally destroyed with no save, then well, you have failed. And you have. Failed, I mean. In spectacular fashion.

There's a FR PrC for wizards that allows you to cast in a dead magic zone. Or Perhaps my wizard just happens to have 20 levels of fighter as well. If you don't feel like staying within the spirt of teh challenge then I'm disinclined to do so either. Everything I have proposed has been within the letter of the challenge.

And there's another optional rule showing that 3 natural 20's in a row kill anything. If we're using optional rule subsets, let's use that too. As far as the challenge (wizard level 20, killing goblins, level 2), I'm within the technical bounds of it. Your terms don't list any factor preventing or addressing things killing the wizard. By RAW, I have created such a thing. By attempting to level the wizard, you do break the first of the terms of the challenge, though (wizard level 20).

Unless you want to arbitrarily change the rules on the fly so you always win. That works for every other cheater in the world, I guess... Why not you?

Ditto on the gobbos for divine rank. Self-defeating arguement.
Not really. Any overdeity can stop someone from gaining divine ranks. Since you are starting with level 2 goblin monks and I am starting with a 100,000,000 year old Elan wizard 20 with a divine rank gained while I was level 1 of 1,000,000 I get to stop your goblins from gaining or having any divine rank. My wizard has been around longer than your goblins by necessity.

Show me anything outlining universal abilities of overdeities, and maybe. And if you are saying that a level 20 wizard with a divine rank is still a level 20 wizard, then a level 2 goblin with a divine rank is still a level 2 goblin. Now, if the elan is 100,000,000 years old, and I use the first goblin, created infinitely long ago, I've got ya beat on years by... wait, an infinite amount of time. However, now we're both just making stuff up.

Epic Spell: Goblin Genocide
"Kills every goblin on every plane or demiplane of the multiverse and removes their bodies to the Far Realm"

I can cast it at level 21. I can reach level 21 first. I win.

Now you are a level 21 wizard, and you do not win. You're also horribly inefficient. All you need are the level 2 goblins. What do you have against the level 1 goblins, or the level 3 or higher goblins? That's downright inconsiderate.

Given an infinite amount of time and infinite number of level 2 goblin monks will wander into it by mistake. If it can happen it will happen if given an infinite amount of time. If the tiniest possibility exists, no matter how slight, then it will occur. And given an infinite amount of time it will occur and infinite number of times.

And all I have to show is that you don't have an infinite amount of time. Which I have.

You really don't understand infinity do you?

I seem to have a good enough grasp of a concept that's countlessly large, thanks. If you seem obliged to explain yourself again, you must feel that you've explained it inadequately the first 10 times. Yet you explain it the exact same way. Who really doesn't understand here?

------------------
Assumptions:
1. Every Hour has 60 miniutes in it.
2. Every Minute has 60 seconds in it.

Both correct, so far. I'm with ya, buddy.

An infinite number of hours past (henceforth called X).
That means that 60X miniutes have passed.
That means that 360X secodns have passed.

Assuming you change "past" to "have passed", it could be the exact same arguement I'd use personally, if I thought my opponent was ignorant enough to believe it.

Every value above is an infinite. They can never be equal. You can never have more hours than you have miniutes and you can never have more miniutes than you have seconds.

They can never be nonequal either. They are beyond mathematical comparison. "Equal" and "Nonequal" are methods of mathematical comparison. Thus, they can never apply to infinite. True, your comparison holds up at every countable value of x. But infinity isn't countable. And that's why you're wrong. As I said before.... Math kinda breaks down around the time you reach the concept (note: NOT the number, as infinity is not a number) of infinity. Saying that infinity is a numerical variable represented by X is the assumption you have incorrect. Infinity is not. It's like saying that 360happy isn't equal to 60happy. Standard algebraic math (which is what you're using) breaks down when you exchange numbers for concepts.

Infinity does not have to equal Infinity.
Indeed, it CANNOT, any more than it can equal infinity.

Keld Denar
2007-11-27, 07:21 AM
Dude, Talic, you are holding a double standard...The gobos are allowed to level from level 2 to level 23 (21 wizard/2 monk) but the wizard isn't allowed to level from 20 to 21? You got a serious flaw in your logic mang. Can't you see that? Of course, by your standards, the wizard has to not only kill infinite goblins, but EVERY OTHER CREATURE IN THE MULTIVERSE because he could potentially encounter them in an infinite amount of time. This is clearly introducing unintended and far fetched variables into a simple thought experiment WITH set conditions. 1 infinite plane, 1 finite level 20 wizard, infinite goblins available to kill. Nothing else. Anything you introduce throws in another variable that makes the whole thing more convoluted. No one else has introduced extra variables, except in reponse to you doing the same.

Emperor Demonking
2007-11-27, 12:41 PM
Dude, Talic, you are holding a double standard...The gobos are allowed to level from level 2 to level 23 (21 wizard/2 monk) but the wizard isn't allowed to level from 20 to 21? You got a serious flaw in your logic mang. Can't you see that? Of course, by your standards, the wizard has to not only kill infinite goblins, but EVERY OTHER CREATURE IN THE MULTIVERSE because he could potentially encounter them in an infinite amount of time. This is clearly introducing unintended and far fetched variables into a simple thought experiment WITH set conditions. 1 infinite plane, 1 finite level 20 wizard, infinite goblins available to kill. Nothing else. Anything you introduce throws in another variable that makes the whole thing more convoluted. No one else has introduced extra variables, except in reponse to you doing the same.

That's the whole point. Can a 20th level wizard kill infinite 2nd level monks? The chalenge require the wizard to be level 20 all the way through.

Emperor Tippy
2007-11-27, 01:13 PM
That's the whole point. Can a 20th level wizard kill infinite 2nd level monks? The chalenge require the wizard to be level 20 all the way through.

And the monks can't level either.

I had a whole, long post here but it got eaten. I may put it back up later.

Hawgh
2007-11-27, 01:17 PM
if there are an infinite number of goblins, and one in a million gets a hit,
the wizard will still take an infinite number of hits, if one in twenty of these are crits the wizard will take an infinite number of crits, if a percentage of these crits are capable of damaging the wizard he will take damage an infinite number of times.
Since his hp pool must be assumed to be definite, this means he will, sooner or later, get killed.

If all of the infinite goblin horde attacked in one turn he would get killed in one turn.

Emperor Tippy
2007-11-27, 01:33 PM
the wizard will still take an infinite number of hits, if one in twenty of these are crits the wizard will take an infinite number of crits, if a percentage of these crits are capable of damaging the wizard he will take damage an infinite number of times.
Since his hp pool must be assumed to be definite, this means he will, sooner or later, get killed.

If all of the infinite goblin horde attacked in one turn he would get killed in one turn.
Not if the wizard bothers to make himself unwackable.

Hawgh
2007-11-27, 01:41 PM
and how would he do this indefinitely?

Emperor Tippy
2007-11-27, 02:21 PM
Casting Imprisonment on yourself works. The only way the goblins can effect you is to cast freedom on you and they can't do that.

Or you could just drop a Temporal Stasis on yourself. With that spell up you can be fired into a black hole and come out alive on the other side.

Hawgh
2007-11-27, 04:28 PM
well, if a wizard can obtain a permanent level of invulnerability above what a kobold can defeat, and still manage to keep an offensive, then, given an indefinite timespan. He would kill an unlimited number of them.

if you discount the chaos theory of course, otherwise something is bound to happen; the wizard misstepping, running out of food, running out of kobolds, running out of matter for kobolds, or attracting the attention of some draconian god who might take offense at him slaughtering it's tangential kin.

Green Bean
2007-11-27, 04:30 PM

Even if there are an infinite number of kobolds, there's a finite number of them that can attack per turn. There's only eight melee spaces around any wizard, and even bow-armed kobolds will run out of range increments.

Hawgh
2007-11-27, 04:44 PM
so it would take significantly more than one turn to kill him, true.

Enlong
2007-11-27, 04:48 PM
OK, so I was wrong about the way Contingency works. But I just realized that the Wizard doesn't need to use the Contingency.

As the battle starts, he casts Celerity as fast as he possibly can. It's an immediate action, so he gets his extra action even though at least 1 gobbo wins initiative over him, due to infinite probabilities of the die rolls. With his shiny new standard action, the Wizard casts Gate, and 'ports into an infinite plane. He then Gates up a Solar and orders the Solar to begin raising the aforementioned infinite army of solars as soon as he (The Wizard) leaves, to go to the plane of infinite gobbos and slay them all as soon as the army is complete, and to dismiss themselves as soon as the battle is done. The Wizard then leaves the plane by way of a third Gate spell, perhaps going to a bar in some other plane while the Solars prepare; in any event, he then drops an Antimagic Field and Permanencies it. He then hunkers down in it and waits. In the infinite plane, the Solars start a huge chain of Gate spells and, unless I am mistaken in thinking they all act on the turn they're summoned, an infinite army of Solars are summoned in one turn, at the cost of exactly 1000XP to the Wizard, since the only Solar he Gated in is the first one, all the others are following the commands of each Solar in the chain. The Solars then take their next turn to Gate in to the plane of infinite Gobbos, and proceed to have an epic battle, consisting of a whole lot of Goblinslaying arrows. However, the last Solar in the chain instead Gates in another Solar and gives him the same orders as everyone else before heading off; therefore, the chain of Solars never ends, and the battle rages for infinity within a staggeringly small number of rounds (because, in my mind, if an infinite army fights an infinite army, then all possibilities will be exhausted and both armies will be slaughtered to the last man. Meanwhile the Wizard enjoys a hot cup of tea in his Anti-magic field, safe from any use of Supreme Cleave to get Epic Spellcasting cheese.

Hawgh
2007-11-27, 04:52 PM
technically, an infinite army couldn't be slaughtered to the last man. That would mean it was finite.

Enlong
2007-11-27, 04:59 PM
technically, an infinite army couldn't be slaughtered to the last man. That would mean it was finite.
(I was just thinking, what do you get if you subtract infinity from infinity?)
OK, I concede the point. Then the army is trapped in a paradoxially infinite single round of combat, exhausting all possibilities, from initiatives, to combat choices, to attack and damage rolls, but never able to fully do so, since that's infinite, too.
But the Wizard still wins in my opinion, since infinite Solars are far stronger then infinite Gobbo Monks, especially since most stuff a straight LV2 Monk can do can't beat a Solar's DR. And because the Wizard isn't in that paradoxially infinite round of combat, and managed to raise the army for the low cost of 1000XP, not needing to pay that first Solar anything.

Hawgh
2007-11-27, 05:15 PM
I'd agree with you in calling it a win for him to have sidestepped some sort of new Goblin-driven crazy version of the Blood War. There's not many other ways to win that kind of stuff.

At least I'm not clever enough to think of something, granted, I'm not very clever.

joe kickass
2007-12-01, 07:56 PM
To the infinity bit; Yes, one can, if we include magic, live forever. Lich is one solution others are ascendtion to godhood. Also there are ways which kill with no chance of failure. Ring of death as a lich would mean the monks would die upon entering so he would remain alive. The answer is yes. Some planes are infinite and won't end so he can kill forever.

Armads
2007-12-01, 08:16 PM
Wizard 20/Cleric 21 can kill the goblin monks. It's still a Wizard 20...

WrstDmEvr
2007-12-01, 11:50 PM
An ECL 20 wizard can kill the monks as long as its a vampire.

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-12-02, 01:13 AM
why not just multiple walls of fire? walls of fire say, 2 deep around you and noone without 40+ hp will ever get in...there is no save, and inside the wall you suffer 2d6+20 damage period...so minimal 22 two walls is 44...assuming that you don't also take damage on the approach.

a 2nd level monk has at max 16+2xcon hp...so baring cons on the order of 30, they will die horribly...even into level 3. Now...if they had buffs...you might have a problem...but I would go ahead and have a wall of force behind the last wall of fire and then have me a good laugh when they tried to run through and got stuck.

Give yourself a big enough area and you can have a nice little place amidst all the killing.

Talic
2007-12-02, 01:42 AM
And the monks can't level either.

I had a whole, long post here but it got eaten. I may put it back up later.

Then yes, if you make a houserule capping the xp for a goblin at level 2, then yes, you can win. Again, not listed in the original challenge description.

As for the double standard, here is why it is not:

1) For the challenge to succeed, the level 20 wizard must kill infinite level 2 goblin monks.

2) For the challenge to fail, the Level 20 wizard must be prevented, in some way, from killing infinite Level 2 goblin monks. This method must universally apply to every method the wizard could attempt at achieving his goal.

Thus, I used a method central to the D&D system. Experience and levelling. Easy enough. Nothing incredibly left field here, and the only reason that the wizard cannot do it, is that the terms explicitly specify that he must be level 20.

Now if I were to argue your case FOR you, I'd suggest the wizard go to level 21, research a spell that kills all goblins 1 day from casting, but drains 1 level from the caster immediately. That way that wizard killed infinite goblins, and, at the time of the genocide, he was level 20.

Now, by these standards, I could quite possibly level 12 goblins to level 20, and have them, once an hour for 12 hours, run into the sphere and die. At this, the wizard will level to level 21, and become ineligible to win. This however, is messy, as the wizard could voluntarily fail a level drain save and go back down to 20 at a later date. So I didn't go with that method.

Note that there are a lot of ways to stop a level 20 wizard from killing infinite goblins. Leveling isn't removed. The terms of the challenge impose the double standard dictate the level of the wizard, and of his target. The terms do not dictate that the level 2 monks must prevent the wizard from doing so. Thus, anything may. For convenience, I went with something guaranteed to exist by the terms of the challenge. Level 2 goblins.

I didn't level them all, which would unfairly prevent the wizard from achieving his goal. I had to leave him a field of infinite level 2 monks, to maintain his viability to accomplish his goal. Luckily, there's an inexhaustible supply, so no worries there. Thusly, by a bit of thinking outside the box, and using the resources provided me creatively, I've found a way.

Unless, however, this wasn't a challenge, but rather an excuse to stroke an ego...? In which point, there's no point in paying attention to any of it. It's easy to take the powerhouse with limitless options. Not many people are actually taking the REAL challenge... Preventing said wizard from accomplishing his goal with a list of every spell from level 0-9 in existence, a staggering casting list, up to 12 feats, and a host of magical equipment available through wealth by level guidelines. A universal method that will stand up to every option, every "what if".

That's the real challenge. All of you guys playing with the wizard's side are taking the EASY way out. Try the real challenge.

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-12-02, 02:29 AM
Then yes, if you make a houserule capping the xp for a goblin at level 2, then yes, you can win. Again, not listed in the original challenge description.

As for the double standard, here is why it is not:

1) For the challenge to succeed, the level 20 wizard must kill infinite level 2 goblin monks.

2) For the challenge to fail, the Level 20 wizard must be prevented, in some way, from killing infinite Level 2 goblin monks. I then used a method central to the D&D system. Experience and levelling. Easy enough. Nothing incredibly left field here, and the only reason that the wizard cannot do it, is that the terms specify that he must be level 20.

Now if I were to argue your case FOR you, I'd suggest the wizard go to level 21, research a spell that kills all goblins 1 day from casting, but drains 1 level from the caster immediately. That way that wizard killed infinite goblins, and, at the time of the genocide, he was level 20.

Now, by these standards, I could quite possibly level 12 goblins to level 20, and have them, once an hour for 12 hours, run into the sphere and die. At this, the wizard will level to level 21, and become ineligible to win. This however, is messy, as the wizard could voluntarily fail a level drain save and go back down to 20 at a later date. So I didn't go with that method.

Note that there are a lot of ways to stop a level 20 wizard from killing infinite goblins. Leveling isn't removed. The terms of the challenge impose the double standard dictate the level of the wizard, and of his target. The terms do not dictate that the level 2 monks must prevent the wizard from doing so. Thus, anything may. For convenience, I went with something guaranteed to exist by the terms of the challenge. Level 2 goblins.

what? The goblin monks are cr2...they are too low level to give experience to a level 20, therefore, the wizard will never level...if for some bazzar reason he is gaining experience slowly, he can always cast wish a couple of times and slowly build up the materials for a phylactry and become a lich...then he will be a lvl 20 wizard with the lich template and live forever...or he can just keep creating oil of timelessness or longevity whatever it is that retards aging...

but honestly, unless you put a limit on the killing to when he is 'done' any mortal would never survive unles they become a demigod and become immortal.

but honestly...perhaps one of the caveats should be that the character cannot just set traps and think the monks will just rush in and die like lemmings...they must actively kill them. That is a whole new ball of wax...it isn't just 'can you live', it is...how can you do this offensively...without really stopping.

Talic
2007-12-02, 02:43 AM
what? The goblin monks are cr2...they are too low level to give experience to a level 20, therefore, the wizard will never level...if for some bazzar reason he is gaining experience slowly, he can always cast wish a couple of times and slowly build up the materials for a phylactry and become a lich...then he will be a lvl 20 wizard with the lich template and live forever...or he can just keep creating oil of timelessness or longevity whatever it is that retards aging...

but honestly, unless you put a limit on the killing to when he is 'done' any mortal would never survive unles they become a demigod and become immortal.

but honestly...perhaps one of the caveats should be that the character cannot just set traps and think the monks will just rush in and die like lemmings...they must actively kill them. That is a whole new ball of wax...it isn't just 'can you live', it is...how can you do this offensively...without really stopping.

I agree, and I stated something to that effect earlier. The response was that there's evidently enough retarded monks to allow for an infinite amount wandering in. Go fig. Infinity can work in the wizard's favor for the 3 int monks... But not the 18's.

However, as has been pointed out twice in the previous pages. 12 gobbos get killed by 1 gobbo. He's now level 3. 12 of those level 3's die to him. He's level 4. So on and so on until he's a level that would give the wizard xp. Standard encounter and xp award tables.

tsuyoshikentsu
2007-12-02, 02:52 AM
Yes.

The wizard -- who has a ring of sustenance, the Tomb-Tainted vitality feat, or is of a race that doesn't need to rest -- gets a staff with Unfettered Heroism and Wish on it. He has the feat Wand Surge.

He casts Unfettered Heroism as one of his spells. He can now cast Wish, free of XP or material components, once per round Unfettered Heroism is active minus one. On the last round of Unfettered Heroism, the wizard uses the last action point ot cast Unfettered Heroism from the staff.

Expensive? Oh yes. Infinite? Definitely.