PDA

View Full Version : Best Location for Finding a Play by Post Roleplaying Game

Balthanon
2021-12-30, 01:06 PM
So... it is probably closing in on at least 3 or 4 years now since I've really had an opportunity to roleplay. What are the best locations at this point to find a game online? I'd be open to either standard play by post on a forum (enjoyed that for many years on the WotC boards) or something on Discord, Mythic Table, or something else along those lines. I'd probably prefer 3rd edition or Pathfinder, but I'm guessing those games are harder to find at this point so I'd be open to trying 5th edition or 4th too. Wouldn't mind an in person group either if there's a good resource for that, but that seems like it would be harder to identify at this point. (Saw one or two on Meetup.com, but I'm in the suburbs rather than a city, so that site doesn't have a bunch in my vicinity.)

Batcathat
2021-12-30, 01:41 PM
At the risk of stating the obvious, have you checked out the Finding Players forum (https://forums.giantitp.com/forumdisplay.php?51-Finding-Players-(Recruitment)) here on GitP?

Balthanon
2021-12-30, 02:03 PM
Not in depth. :)

I did look briefly at that, EN World, and Mythweavers and figured I'd see if there were any opinions on activity level before jumping in or seeing if there were other options that people recommended first.

Melayl
2021-12-31, 02:39 PM
www.find-path.com has a Discord that does a lot of pbp/virtual gaming. Mostly Pathfinder.

Azuresun
2022-01-03, 02:35 PM
So... it is probably closing in on at least 3 or 4 years now since I've really had an opportunity to roleplay. What are the best locations at this point to find a game online? I'd be open to either standard play by post on a forum (enjoyed that for many years on the WotC boards) or something on Discord, Mythic Table, or something else along those lines. I'd probably prefer 3rd edition or Pathfinder, but I'm guessing those games are harder to find at this point so I'd be open to trying 5th edition or 4th too. Wouldn't mind an in person group either if there's a good resource for that, but that seems like it would be harder to identify at this point. (Saw one or two on Meetup.com, but I'm in the suburbs rather than a city, so that site doesn't have a bunch in my vicinity.)

https://www.rpol.net/ is one I've been using for a long time and really like.

Balthanon
2022-01-03, 05:16 PM
Thanks, I'll check out both of those.