PDA

View Full Version : The Hot and Wild Life of a Druid from Strixhaven

KyleG
2021-12-31, 05:16 AM
I am making a wildfire druid (at least in part), Level 8 with a rare (or lower ) magic item, a strixhaven (probably prismari) background and either a tortle or custom lineage. The thing is its only for a one shot in a dungeon i dont care if its broken.

Ideas:

Is it worth going Druid 8 (2 asi + 1 if custom lineage taken)? Is 4th level spells in druid worth it?
Perhaps take a 2 levels of Scribes Wizard and build to maximise magic missile? What magic item?
Make the WF Druid mere flavour and teleports and go 6 into evocation/2 Wildfire? What magic item? I see this and the one above as a character trying to curb there pyromancer traits by getting back to nature.
The other theme idea I had is around the magic item, Staff of the Python. I wasn't planning a summoner build but between this being free after the python is called out, the BA use of attacking with Wildfire Spirit and Summon Beast also not requiring BA/Action of the druid leaving me free to cast. That's some good action economy. Yuant-Ti as the heritage of the custom Lineage. Its a real mix of themes here that i don't have any ideas how to blend backstory wise.
What about if the magic item is something else? wildfire Druid thematically could be a protector of incursions from the fire plane. Even going as far as to use the fire to smelt metal (dwarven lineage/race). I like the idea of a Druid that has a thematic reason for using metal. After all its not a rule that need be followed and i love the idea of making the reason part of the story. In fact as i type this it just sounds even cooler...but down this road is it all 8 levels of druid or less?. The thing is i want to be a castor for this one but whether that mean a 3rd or 4th level im open to thoughts.

tKUUNK
2022-01-01, 07:51 PM
#3 and #5 each sound like fun.

I'd personally lean toward #5, straight 8 druid levels.

Select all the thematic fire spells. The character would think in terms of energy transfer- "solve any problem by either adding energy or removing it."

Sorinth
2022-01-02, 12:09 AM
Tortle seems like a bit of an odd choice for a Fire based Druid did you have something specific in mind for that? Something related to Dragon Turtle might be fitting.

I think I would for sure want to be at a 7th level caster so that you can have Wall of Fire. It's both a great spell and very thematic for your pyromancer vibe. For the other level given that it's a 1 shot I would be tempted to go Efreeti Warlock as the extra level. It's an interesting mix theme wise, you can even just fluff everything as if you are a pure warlock but your powers are expressed mechanically as Druid abilities. You would have some decent blasting potential with Enhanced Bond, Genie's Wrath, and access to Scorching Ray + Hex.