PDA

View Full Version : Betty White Passed Away At 99 Years Old

Bartmanhomer
2021-12-31, 08:02 PM
I'm very sad that Betty White passed away on New Year's Eve. She was very close to making it to 100 years old next month. :frown:

Rater202
2021-12-31, 08:14 PM
I heard earlier and...

It just sucks. My first thoughts were that 2021 had to get in one last jab to make sure it beats out 2020 for worst year.

If it's any consolation, from what I could find she went from natural causes. No major health issues, just... She went to sleep and didn't wake up.

Melayl
2021-12-31, 10:15 PM
A sad, terrible day. Betty was supposed to be immortal...

t209
2021-12-31, 10:19 PM
Well that made all the Betty White Mortal Kombat meme dated.
Now she'll be slotted above Sean Connery.

Gnoman
2021-12-31, 11:23 PM
Yet another person who OD'd on time. We really need to fund a cure for that.

Trafalgar
2021-12-31, 11:26 PM
Yet another person who OD'd on time. We really need to fund a cure for that.

I thought she died of natural causes. She OD'd? Do you have a source for that?

Lurkmoar
2021-12-31, 11:43 PM
I thought she died of natural causes. She OD'd? Do you have a source for that?

OD'd on time implies natural causes.

RIP Betty White

Gnoman
2022-01-01, 03:58 AM
"OD'd on time" is a way of saying she died because she was really, really old. All sources say she went to sleep and simply never woke up.

DarthArminius
2022-01-01, 09:18 AM
A peaceful way to go

Psyren
2022-01-01, 05:21 PM
My favorite take was that passing away weeks before her 100th birthday was "perfect comedic timing, leaving us wanting more" :smallbiggrin:

RIP!

Peelee
2022-01-01, 08:45 PM
She died in her sleep, in her home, with all her mental faculties, in full control of her life, at a very old age.

Should we all be so fortunate.

truemane
2022-01-04, 01:45 PM
She died in her sleep, in her home, with all her mental faculties, in full control of her life, at a very old age.

Should we all be so fortunate.
She died at 99 years old, leaving behind 70 years of film and television performances, and she left us wanting more.

She had a huge resurgence of popularity near the end of her life so she died knowing she was loved and treasured and that her legacy was secure.

"Betty White trending but not being dead' was basically the one immutable Law of Twitter.

She had the impeccable comic timing of passing just before People magazine published their special issue about her 100th birthday.

No one gets to be that fortunate. She officially won life.

KorvinStarmast
2022-01-04, 03:03 PM
Should we all be so fortunate. Yeah. Kenny Rogers has a lyric about that.

No one gets to be that fortunate. She officially won life. She, are the champion, my friends …

Saw an interesting take on this in a group chat, something like …

Betty White grabbed 2021 by the scruff of the neck and pulled it into the cracks of Mount Doom with her, sacrificing herself so that 2021 would be destroyed forever and never threaten earth again.

Even Chuck Norris was impressed. :smallcool:

tomandtish
2022-01-05, 02:48 PM
Sad to see her go (if not unexpected).

Betty was a big supporter of animal shelters. There's a movement (https://www.newsweek.com/betty-white-challenge-100-birthday-celebrations-animals-1665289) to have as many people as possible donate to their local shelter on 1/17/22 (which would have been her 100th birthday).

Bartmanhomer
2022-01-11, 09:27 AM
Betty White suffered a stroke before she died. :frown:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/betty-white-cause-of-death-stroke-214241246.html

Peelee
2022-01-11, 10:13 AM
Non-amp link: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/betty-white-cause-of-death-stroke-214241246.html

Also, it was a mild stroke, and six days before her death.

codybene
2022-01-17, 04:17 PM
I am still in mourning honestly, I don;t know why but when someone is close to be 100 I am just praying they make it, like I feel it would be really cool and they are so close so "YEAH GOOO DO IT MAN!"...

Also Betty White was unique and awesome and it was a pleasure growing up watching her on TV.
Rest in peace QUEEN

DarthArminius
2022-01-17, 07:08 PM
I am still in mourning honestly, I don;t know why but when someone is close to be 100 I am just praying they make it, like I feel it would be really cool and they are so close so "YEAH GOOO DO IT MAN!"...

Also Betty White was unique and awesome and it was a pleasure growing up watching her on TV.
Rest in peace QUEEN

if you google her name in the search engine "Thank you for being a friend" pops up, along with her birth and death dates.

Scarlet Knight
2022-01-18, 08:10 AM
Rest in peace QUEEN

So now that Betty is gone, who is the most beloved woman left?

Not the most accomplished or respected or recognizable, but someone we are truly fond of?

Maelstrom
2022-01-18, 08:39 AM
So now that Betty is gone, who is the most beloved woman left?

Not the most accomplished or respected or recognizable, but someone we are truly fond of?

Hmm, Gina Carano ?

\runs for his life

Yeah yeah, not being serious. Now on a serious note, that is a decent question and honestly, I have no idea, but what tangible qualities would one have to earn that? Betty, rest her soul, never set out to capture the worlds heart, yet she did. Why is that?

Scarlet Knight
2022-01-18, 10:25 AM
I can't say objectively, but someone still working who has garnered affection. Say Julie Andrews rather than Sophia Loren or Maggie Smith.

Peelee
2022-01-18, 10:31 AM
Dolly Parton.

The Glyphstone
2022-01-18, 10:32 AM
Dolly Parton.

I was gonna say, Dolly Parton. She's donated a simply ludicrous amount of money to charity over the years and is a sweetheart to boot.

Scarlet Knight
2022-01-19, 07:01 AM
Dolly is a good choice, she seems so likable. At the end of the CMT 50 video, she gives this little mischievous smile and you realize she was the only singer who should be the finale.

Peelee
2022-01-19, 09:59 AM
Dolly is a good choice, she seems so likable. At the end of the CMT 50 video, she gives this little mischievous smile and you realize she was the only singer who should be the finale.

Dont listen to country, so I wouldn't know. But she is smart as all get-out, knows how to play the game damned well, and is massively invested in helping other people.