PDA

View Full Version : Malicious, terrible, but it's so tempting...

kyuubigan
2007-11-20, 11:04 PM
In one of my groups I'm playing a grey elf warmage 8, and am considering taking the leadership feat...and I have a 24 charisma...any thoughts?

ReluctantReaper
2007-11-20, 11:10 PM
....nice charisma...

Kaelik
2007-11-20, 11:27 PM
Just don't.

Fishy
2007-11-20, 11:33 PM
Leadership ruins games. We are not exaggerating. Don't do it.

Jack Zander
2007-11-20, 11:33 PM
It'd be nice for people to give an explanation every once in a while.

It depends. Do you want an army to crush a kingdom? Do you have a base of operations that needs looked after? Have you ever overthrown a castle to realize you have no occupational force? Are you lacking a PC archetype in your party? Is it freakin' sweet to have 300 mooks follow you around?

If any of these are yes then take it, but make sure it's okay with your DM first. Leadership isn't really and is especially not useful for combat and dungeon crawls. It's more of a utility or resource to draw from.

If your playing a mercenary campaign, there is no reason not to get the feat.

kyuubigan
2007-11-20, 11:37 PM
Our group was basically chosen to inherit the powers of demigods in order to fight a rising evil, and we are basically Montied with artifact level equipment. So I could try to write it off as raising an army to oppose the upcoming threat.

tyckspoon
2007-11-20, 11:49 PM
Leadership probably won't break that any more than the gear and potential godly powers you mention already have. Just be careful about the Cohort you select (or, if your DM is unsure about the prospect, tell him the concept you want the cohort to follow and let him build it.)

Icewalker
2007-11-21, 12:12 AM
Sounds like one plan could be to set up a base of operations with your leadership army. Looks like it would make sense with the story.

Idea Man
2007-11-21, 12:17 AM
A non-PC reference is a succubus with her followers as hobgoblin chieftains and champions, giving her access to a decent-size army to protect her lair and carry out her wishes. She doesn't keep them (or, at least, most of them) nearby.

Her cohort, however, is a paladin/blackguard death knight. She worked hard to get him, too. :smallamused: