PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Arcane Trickster Creation

andaval
2022-01-01, 12:16 PM
27 point buy, think this makes getting three odd stats +1s the best. Can get 8/16/14/14/12/12 that way, planning on +2 Dex at level 4. One other option would be to lose two in a stat to push Dex one higher and then take +1 Dex and a half feat at 4 (but no half feats jump out at me as being great). Given flight, leaning towards using a light crossbow in combat instead of melee. Spells seem straightforward with Silvery Barbs being really good for this character.

Khrysaes
2022-01-01, 01:33 PM
27 point buy, think this makes getting three odd stats +1s the best. Can get 8/16/14/14/12/12 that way, planning on +2 Dex at level 4. One other option would be to lose two in a stat to push Dex one higher and then take +1 Dex and a half feat at 4 (but no half feats jump out at me as being great). Given flight, leaning towards using a light crossbow in combat instead of melee. Spells seem straightforward with Silvery Barbs being really good for this character.

Telekinetic feat is cool in that it soubles the range of your mage hand.

2 artificer is cool in that if you start it you can fet con saves, and at level 2 can replicate spellwrought tattoos, which allow any first level spell, so you dont lose much versatility.
3 for a subclass wouldnt be bad either, especially 5 for extra attack via battlesmith or armorer.
Alternatively, 6 bladesinger works well for an arcane trickster too.

Khrysaes
2022-01-01, 03:56 PM
Second thoughts.

Ludicsavant’s thread of fun builds has an “arcane blade” which if i recall is 9 arcane trickster, 11 bladesinger.

You can adjust it as you want. I like 8 rogue/3 battlesmith arti/9 bladesinger, but 11 rogue/9bladesinger works too.

Also of note, bladesinging can be done with ranged weapons, specifically guns and handcrossbows.

andaval
2022-01-01, 11:52 PM
I bet this campaign won’t go past 10

Khrysaes
2022-01-02, 04:50 AM
I bet this campaign won’t go past 10

Then I would suggest 4 Arcane Trickster/6 Bladesinger, OR 5 Battlesmith or Armorer/6 Arcane Trickster, OR 8 Arcane Trickster/2 bladesinger.

Bladesinger or Artificer give you versatility and extra attack.

The final one is just for that versatility, giving you a lot of 1st level utility spells without losing much rogue.