PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the new Belkar?

Arrogant
2007-11-21, 12:31 AM
At the moment we have Hinjo playing as Roy.
Therkla who apparently is the new Haily.
V is still around as is Durkon and Elan

So my guess in Lord Kubota as he's pretty chaotic and gets in the New Roy's way

monty
2007-11-21, 12:42 AM
Someone posted a thread recently titled "Roy: the new Roy." Following that, I'd say Belkar is the new Belkar. Besides the fact that nobody else is physically capable of being him, we haven't seen any characters that come anywhere near his personality.

And who says Kubota's chaotic? His actions have seemed fairly well-thought, if misinformed. And he's not trying to "get in Hinjo's way," like Belkar with Roy, he's trying to get him killed so he can take over.

no one special
2007-11-21, 12:44 AM
It could be the guy who's controlling Therkla ,though we dont know much about what he/she/it is

silvadel
2007-11-21, 01:27 AM
There can only be *ONE* Belkar... two belkars and the prison holding the snarl would break and the world would be destroyed.

FoE
2007-11-21, 01:30 AM
:smallsigh: Why is this even a topic of discussion? You talk as though Belkar will never be seen in the comic again. The Order of the Stick will reunite eventually.

Angafirith
2007-11-21, 01:55 AM
Miko. Their personalities are almost identical, after all.

Of course, she's dead. You're probably thinking of the new new Belkar. I haven't seen one yet.

Dunamin
2007-11-21, 02:05 AM
So my guess in Lord Kubota as he's pretty chaotic and gets in the New Roy's way
I disagree.

Kubota seems pretty Lawful Evil to me, and it would seem that Elan agrees (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0467.html).

the_tick_rules
2007-11-21, 10:32 AM
could there ever be anohter belkar?

the mysterian
2007-11-21, 10:58 AM
thou shalt have no gods before or after the sexy shoeless god of war:belkar:

Hidalgo
2007-11-21, 11:15 AM
"Helo! i'm Yokyok junior! you killed my father and grandfather so i came to avenge by pretend i want to be in the Oots and then kill all of your friends!"

Antamar
2007-11-21, 09:37 PM
Miko. Their personalities are almost identical, after all.

Of course, she's dead. You're probably thinking of the new new Belkar. I haven't seen one yet.

How exactly are there personalities similar? Belkar is a psychotic, sociopathic, CE Halfling who finds joy in three things; fine food, whores, and killing. Miko is an arrogant, sociopathic LG Paladin who doesn't really seem to find joy in anything and is overzealously devoted to the gods. Also, the seeming psychosis near the end of her life can be accredited to fanaticism(just look at the Spanish Inquisition). I don't see many similarities between them, other than there sociopathic behavior.

No flaming intended, sorry if it seemed that way.

Angafirith
2007-11-22, 01:15 AM
How exactly are there personalities similar? Belkar is a psychotic, sociopathic, CE Halfling who finds joy in three things; fine food, whores, and killing. Miko is an arrogant, sociopathic LG Paladin who doesn't really seem to find joy in anything and is overzealously devoted to the gods. Also, the seeming psychosis near the end of her life can be accredited to fanaticism(just look at the Spanish Inquisition). I don't see many similarities between them, other than there sociopathic behavior.

No flaming intended, sorry if it seemed that way.

Incredibly aggressive, inclined to kill at the drop of a hat, for starters.

I admit that I am mostly looking at Miko's more recent behavior, but she's always been willing to kill people.

Look at Comic 189 ('http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0189.html'). "The tragedy here is that this could have been avoided if I had just made a Gather Information check instead."

She was perfectly willing to kill them, when a simpler alternative existed. She attacked the Order of the Stick in Comic 200, attempting to execute them when she was ordered to bring them back alive.

Shows a tendency to violent behavior in my book

kabbor
2007-11-22, 02:12 AM
"Helo! i'm Yokyok junior! you killed my father and grandfather so i came to avenge by pretend i want to be in the Oots and then kill all of your friends!"
YokYok's child will be named Yukyuk, or Yakyak, or Yekyek. And, yes, we are likely to see all three, eventually.....