PDA

View Full Version : "Official" humor

ShurikVch
2022-01-06, 08:40 AM
I remember there was some part with 1-panel joke comics based on misspells (such as "Beer of Annihilation")

Can't find it

Anybody know where it is (or - was)?

Tyrrell
2022-01-06, 08:43 AM
https://www.giantitp.com/comics/Incentives.html

At the top of the screenwhen you look at a comic there is an exclamation point leading to a page of incentive comics

littlebum2002
2022-01-06, 10:55 AM
OMG I am definitely going to use the Dancing Sword in the future

*rolls critical fumble*

You drop your sword.

Character: "No!! cover your ears!!!"

The sword hits the ground. Suddenly it sprouts legs, a cane, and an arm holding a porkpie hat. You try to get your hands there in time, but before they can cover your ears, it starts a cakewalk dance and begins singing loud enough for the next town over to hear:

"HELLO MY BABY,
HELLO MY HONEY,
HELLO MY RAGTIME GAAAAAAAAAL

Aeson
2022-01-06, 12:37 PM
Sorry, littlebum2002, I'm afraid you've confused the Singing Sword, or perhaps the Singing and Dancing Sword, with the Dancing Sword.

littlebum2002
2022-01-06, 01:28 PM
Sorry, littlebum2002, I'm afraid you've confused the Singing Sword, or perhaps the Singing and Dancing Sword, with the Dancing Sword.

lol yeah I forgot the most important part.

brian 333
2022-01-06, 09:22 PM
Sorry, but that's an old school magic item. Back in the day the studios signed magic items to long term contracts and required them to be able to sing, dance, and act. So-called Triple Threats were more likely to land starring roles in adventures, while those with only one or two of the requisite talents were called Contract Players and at best were given supporting roles, or were relegated to the chorus line.

Tune in tomorrow when we will discuss B-list items which, while not talented enough to star in big-budget campaigns, were attractive enough to star in low-budget camp adventures where lewd or comic antics were used to showcase their abilities or cover their liabilities.