PDA

View Full Version : High Tech Deity

Chalkarts
2022-01-06, 02:18 PM
I'm working on a character for a more high tech campaign and I want to make him a robot hunter. What deity would hate robots?

Biggus
2022-01-06, 03:19 PM
What campaign setting are you playing in?

Gnaeus
2022-01-06, 04:37 PM
In Golarion

Maat Mons
2022-01-06, 06:40 PM
I think most nature deities would view Constructs as unnatural, and therefore bad. You'd probably wind up stuck opposing Aberrations and Undead too though.

icefractal
2022-01-06, 07:27 PM
There's an anti-tech group in Numeria (land of tech) who follow Erastil. See Iadenveigh (https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Iadenveigh).
I don't think Erastil is strictly anti-tech in general, but "embracing tradition and the old ways" is part of his church, so it seems compatible.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-01-06, 08:37 PM
I'm working on a character for a more high tech campaign and I want to make him a robot hunter. What deity would hate robots?You could always homebrew one that was staunchly anti-"smart AI" as opposed to just constructs. Dumb golems and simple animated objects might be fine, but anything like an actual artificial intelligence (paranoid "AIs are bad, Skynet, blah blah blah") would set him/her/it and his/her/its followers on the warpath. Call them Cameronites, after a great prophet who foretold universal destruction at the metaphorical hands of a psychotic artificial intelligence.