PDA

View Full Version : Gothic American Horror IC

DarthArminius
2022-01-07, 11:56 AM
The young woman ran from the horrors of the night that approached. Sinister laughter emanated from behind. The creature was toying with her, with a bloodied dagger, ready to do it's wicked handy work on the innocent young woman and her new born. She had already been running for an inhuman length that was far too dangerous for a woman who had just given birth. Unable to make it any further, she would attempt to hide in an abandoned house. Turning the corner of the street, she had remembered this place. The ghost town wasn't too far from camp. Her memories turned to the recent crash of her boyfriend, Connor, and his subsequent murder, both carried out by the living dead that now pursued her. Here in Alabama she prayed that somehow a rescuer would come. Turning around she sees a small assembly of several men and women in the house. A teenage witch, a crazed conspiracy theorist and an elegantly dressed mage, along with what appeared to be a young woman with a katana. The sound of the monstrous creatures was approaching.

Aspects In Play:
"Bad Ass Intro" and "I Don't Wanna Die"

bramblefoot
2022-01-07, 01:34 PM
kooky louie darts outside, pulling the nvg over his eyes and preparing to wreak havoc on anything that should poke its nose into his gun-sight. he's not terribly worried about anything getting through through his trap network he set up while waiting

id like to create a killzone advantage with shoot

DarthArminius
2022-01-07, 03:40 PM
kooky louie darts outside, pulling the nvg over his eyes and preparing to wreak havoc on anything that should poke its nose into his gun-sight. he's not terribly worried about anything getting through through his trap network he set up while waiting

id like to create a killzone advantage with shoot

You succeed perfectly, getting a perfect roll. The turrets rise from their concealed locations, and a three hovering drones begin to open fire on the various assortment of night creatures making their assault on the small ghost town. Various stronger monsters survive the barrage of fire power despite many of their weaker and smaller compatriots being splattered into fine red paste. Ironically, the house that the PCs discovered before Annette (The pregnant woman) ran inside with her infant seems perfectly furnished, as if someone actually lived there. Nariko, one of your compatriots (An NPC) draws her sword. "Should we make our stand here or should I stay to protect the woman and her baby while you hunt?"

Guys:

Eldest
2022-01-07, 04:33 PM
Hestia is nervous. She's dealt with vampires before but not with this group and certainly not as unprepared as she feels. But that does mean she knows how they work, and she looks these over to see what, if any, weaknesses they have.

Rolling Lore to Create An Advance, which i succeed with style on. I make the aspect Known Weaknesses with two free invokes.

DarthArminius
2022-01-07, 04:37 PM
Hestia is nervous. She's dealt with vampires before but not with this group and certainly not as unprepared as she feels. But that does mean she knows how they work, and she looks these over to see what, if any, weaknesses they have.

(You find out that the vampires are stronger and tougher than average. Also, the most powerful of them, which could be the ringleader is a Manbat vampire. Literally a seven and a half foot part man, part bat. So you conclude from your memories that vamps get hurt with fire, but from your previous studies you also remember that these specific vampires a little older than usual and thus are harder to harm than others. The Manbat is undeniably strong, fast and ferocious.

Ameraaaaaa
2022-01-07, 10:02 PM
Rolled a -2 with a modifier of +3 but i used a fate point to use the "badass intro" aspect to get a +2 making the result +3 overall. I'm trying to create an advantage "vampires literally weighed down by sin."

Sam hardy drinking a soda when the monsters appeared. "Seriously. Hunting babies now. You guys hit a new low.

He then focused his magic into sin magic. The manipulation of sins. Dispite the name it can be used for good. Like now.

Hardy is using a spell to make the vampires literally weighed down by their sins in the form of astral anchors attached to their backs. Sam was hoping to use this to slow them down so he can land a big attack as soon as he could.

I'm glad i found that rare book of morally acceptablesin magic a while back. he thought.

DarthArminius
2022-01-10, 08:01 PM
Rolled a -2 with a modifier of +3 but i used a fate point to use the "badass intro" aspect to get a +2 making the result +3 overall. I'm trying to create an advantage "vampires literally weighed down by sin."

Sam hardy drinking a soda when the monsters appeared. "Seriously. Hunting babies now. You guys hit a new low.

He then focused his magic into sin magic. The manipulation of sins. Dispite the name it can be used for good. Like now.

Hardy is using a spell to make the vampires literally weighed down by their sins in the form of astral anchors attached to their backs. Sam was hoping to use this to slow them down so he can land a big attack as soon as he could.

I'm glad i found that rare book of morally acceptablesin magic a while back. he thought.

Sam discovered that his magic just barely succeeded,. (Sorry, I thought it would work in style), however, it was enough to cause the vampires some confusion, staggering or hesitating, not knowing where the sudden weight on their bodies were coming from.