PDA

View Full Version : Drakewarden's Infused Strike feature.

Shomeking
2022-01-07, 04:41 PM
When someone scores a critical hit, do you double the dice from Infused Strike feature?

Infused Strikes. When another creature within 30 feet of the drake that it can see hits a target with a weapon attack, the drake infuses the strike with its essence, causing the target to take an extra 1d6 damage of the type determined by its Draconic Essence.

Thanks!

Argis13
2022-01-07, 04:59 PM
Yes, "If the attack involves other damage dice, such as from the rouge's Sneak Attack feature, you roll those dice twice as well."

Though I would like to point out that there is a dedicated thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?611551-Simple-RAW-for-5e-V-The-Disadvantage-Strikes-Back) for this sort of question.

Kane0
2022-01-07, 05:00 PM
Ooh good question. It doesnt add to the damage of the attack itself by the wording, so strictly speaking would say no by the rules. Although thats just because of the wording really, causing the target to take additional damage and using the word strike instead of attack. I wouldnt have a problem ruling that it does double on a crit

nickl_2000
2022-01-08, 03:42 PM
Ask your DM, it's a toss up.

If you are the DM, whatever feels right.

RAF for me as a DM would say yes, because it's more fun to roll more dice on a critical hit.

Chronos
2022-01-09, 08:20 AM
What I answered in the Simple Q and A thread was that, given the exact wording, it appears to be a separate instance of damage, coming from the drake, not from the attack, and so it wouldn't be doubled. But it's certainly an odd case.