PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Adventures 5e

paladinn
2022-01-08, 07:13 PM
Has anyone played or DM'ed a game of Amazing Adventures 5e? The original AA game was based on Castles & Crusades (which isn't a bad thing) and used the C&C "Siege engine" mechanic. The 5e version is fully compatable with 5e, and includes rules for more modern 5e-style play, more modern-appropriate classes and takes on D&D classes, additions archetypes for the classic classes, lots of great stuff.

I'm just now digging in, but it's really impressive stuff. If you've ever wanted an Indiana Jones character, but couldn't decide if s/he is a fighter or rogue, now you don't have to; s/he is a "raider"!

I'm pretty psyched about this. With minimal effort, most of the AA classes can be used in a traditional D&D game. Highly recommended!

paladinn
2022-01-14, 10:50 AM
Oh, if anyone is interested in a "real" psion class, AA5e has the Mentalist. It is exactly that: an entire main class built around psionics, and fully 5e compatible!

dymondy2k
2023-02-19, 08:31 PM
I was out googling looking for the same thing. I just came across this supplement and really like it but was hoping to find others who have played it that I could ask questions too.

KorvinStarmast
2023-02-20, 10:20 AM
Oh, if anyone is interested in a "real" psion class, AA5e has the Mentalist. It is exactly that: an entire main class built around psionics, and fully 5e compatible!
How well is it balanced vis a vis the PHB classes?

Brookshw
2023-02-20, 07:37 PM
Huh. I was toying around with Everyday Heroes, not sure which looks better now. (But bonus points to EH since one of the devs posts here).