PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A (3.5) is base damage just weapon damage?

Milex
2022-01-11, 08:18 AM
So, i might be going on a wild goose chase, but i found a mention of something called base damage in the 3.5 d20srd page for the psywar power “Claws of the Vampire”.

That ability itself i found because it was referenced in a thread here called “Help with making a lifesteal/vampirism 6th level character” (post #14)

So i checked around and while I’m probably missing something right in front of my face (I'm REALLY good at missing things that are right in front of me) but i couldn’t find anything on it. My best guess is that base damage just how much damage the weapon deals without modifications, but i really don’t know.

So, what is base damage?

(Ps. Sorry about the poor citations for the srd page and forum post, i cant use links yet.)

Tzardok
2022-01-11, 09:09 AM
It's in the description of Claws of the Vampire itself: "additional damage dealt because of a high Strength score or other enhancements does not count toward the amount you heal." That looks to me like only the damage resulting from the claw's damage dice counts.

Milex
2022-01-11, 09:11 AM
Thanks. I was hoping there would be a good way to up that, but it should still work for what im trying to do.