PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill's Pyramid Head in D&D

Freelance Henchman
2007-11-21, 09:17 AM
How would you make an enemy that is similar to Silent Hill's "villain" Pyramid Head in a D&D game (yes, including his giant sword/cleaver thingie cuz giant swords = teh awsumz). I don't think he does any magic, but he sure seems strong, and can apparently see despite his titular huge pyramid-shaped iron helmet.

Tweekinator
2007-11-21, 09:57 AM
I'd do either a construct or undead and give it blindsight.

Neon Knight
2007-11-21, 10:11 AM
You could probably just represent him as a large sized humanoid with powerful build and a high STR. Why you would want that walking Freudian motif in your game is beyond me, but whatever.

Somebloke
2007-11-21, 04:30 PM
So long as you kept the whole psycological/invincible issues, I think an outsider would work just fine.

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-21, 04:43 PM
Pyramid Head is a psychological construct derived from repressed sexual urges. He's literally invincible and unkillable so long as the individual from which he spawns remains a living, thinking being. Stats are irrelevant at this point.

It's like stating out Cthulu. He wins, you lose.

Or, in the words of White Wolf addressing the issue of fighting Caine in V:tM.. "You don't."

Somebloke
2007-11-21, 05:02 PM
Pyramid Head is a psychological construct derived from repressed sexual urges. He's literally invincible and unkillable so long as the individual from which he spawns remains a living, thinking being. Stats are irrelevant at this point.

It's like stating out Cthulu. He wins, you lose.

Or, in the words of White Wolf addressing the issue of fighting Caine in V:tM.. "You don't."
...that sort of what I was meaning to say, without needing to resort to spoilers.

littlechicory
2007-11-21, 05:45 PM
I think someone in the Homebrew Forum DID make him as an undead, actually.

*hunts for a moment*

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49297

Check out the Karrnathi Executioner for your PH.

Freelance Henchman
2007-11-22, 03:49 AM
I think someone in the Homebrew Forum DID make him as an undead, actually.

*hunts for a moment*

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49297

Check out the Karrnathi Executioner for your PH.

Neat! That's interesting.