PDA

View Full Version : (RAI Question) Is this template supposed to self-stack?

Promethean
2022-01-12, 01:25 AM
I found a template on one of the archives("Magic-Infused" found here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/al/20041222a)) That provides minor bonuses to whatever creature it's applied to.

Wouldn't normally think much of it, but a line from the EX ability in it stood out to me:

Infused with Magic (Ex): The creature's whole body is infused with magic, which permeates the creature the same way that water does a human. This infused magic never leaves, and it never grows in strength unless the creature is further exposed to a source of infusing magic. Removing the magic absorbed in this place requires a targeted dispel magic spell that succeeds against a 24th-level caster, or a wish or miracle spell.

The template can also be applied to "Any corporeal living creature", and unlike most templates, it doesn't have any modifiers to add to ability scores, size, type, or HD, and most of it's abilities are cosmetic.

Do you guys think this is an indicator that the writer intended for the template to be applied more than once on the same creature? The text doesn't explicitly say so unlike "Evolved Undead", the only other intentionally self-stacking template that I know of.

Biggus
2022-01-12, 12:29 PM
That link doesn't work for me, but if the only way to be infused with magic presented there is via the template, it makes sense that it will self-stack, otherwise that line makes no sense.