PDA

View Full Version : Flurry of Blows

Ne0
2007-11-21, 10:02 AM
While I was designing a monk, I found some interesting questions about the flurry of blows class ability:

1. Assuming the character has got the 'Rapid Stunning' feat - it allows you to make an extra stunning fist attack per round -, how do you apply your stunning fist uses to your attacks when flurrying? Do you announce it before all attacks, for instance out of his three attacks, he stuns twice - and wasting one use if the first stun worked - or do you state your stun use, roll that specific attack, and repeat it for each next roll?

2.The Dirty Fighting feat, from Swords and Fists, states: "When making a full attack, if you hit with a melee attack, you do +1d4 damage." Does that apply to each Flurry of Blows attack, or just to the entire attack?

3. Again, from Swords and Fists: What action do you get when you hit with the circle kick feat? Because when combined with FoB, it's actually almost equal to Whirlwind Attack.

Keld Denar
2007-11-21, 10:13 AM
While I was designing a monk, I found some interesting questions about the flurry of blows class ability:

1. Assuming the character has got the 'Rapid Stunning' feat - it allows you to make an extra stunning fist attack per round -, how do you apply your stunning fist uses to your attacks when flurrying? Do you announce it before all attacks, for instance out of his three attacks, he stuns twice - and wasting one use if the first stun worked - or do you state your stun use, roll that specific attack, and repeat it for each next roll?

You announce each stunning attempt prior to each attack roll. Therefore, if you have 5 attacks in a round, you declare the 1st a stun, if it misses or the opponent saves, you can declare the 2nd a stun as well. If the first connected, you would no longer need to stun the target anymore, so you would not use any more stunning fist attempts (although you could, for no added effect).

2.The Dirty Fighting feat, from Swords and Fists, states: "When making a full attack, if you hit with a melee attack, you do +1d4 damage." Does that apply to each Flurry of Blows attack, or just to the entire attack?

Reread dirty fighting. It requires a full round attack to make a single attack at +1d4 damage. It has been nominated as one of the Worst Feats of All
Time (TM).

3. Again, from Swords and Fists: What action do you get when you hit with the circle kick feat? Because when combined with FoB, it's actually almost equal to Whirlwind Attack.

The extra attack gained from circle kick can be any attack action. For a list of attack actions, consult your PHB. Typical attack actions consist of attacks, trips, disarms, sunders, and initiating grapples. I'm 80% sure that circle kick is limited to 1 extra attack per round granted.