PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Civilian and Artificer Spells

sandmote
2022-01-13, 05:55 PM
This page on the homebrewery (https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/DxBq8w4KArM9)

This ended up as mostly spells that I expect in a wide magic setting. The result has enough of a bias toward the artificer that I figure it is worth mentioning.

3rd-level divination (ritual)

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 ft.
Components: V, S, M (a card, ribbon, or other suitable bookmark)
Duration: 8 hours
When you cast this spell, you can designate a single piece of writing or a drawing you can see within range, which can be up to 2 feet on a side. A spectral duplicate of the text appears in your hand and remains for the duration. The copy matches the colors and structure of the original text, appearing as the text would to any anyone who looked at the original copy.

The duplicate will display the effects of the illusory script spell as it would appear to a non-designated creature, but will otherwise fail to replicate any magical properties of the original text. Any attempt to make alchemically hidden messages appear on the duplicate fail. The duplicate can be placed on another object, but has no weight and objects placed on top of the text fall through it.

As a bonus action you can temporarily dismiss the duplicate text or return it to your hand. The spell ends early if you cast the spell again or the spectral duplicate is moved farther than the spell's range from the original.

(Artificer, Bard, Cleric, Paladin, Wizard)A good way of preserving important texts, by allowing access while limiting how much anyone handles the original. In practice I would have an NPC cast the spell, but I think it can be a nice thing to add when PCs need to research something. Now expanded to allow for other objects, since I think writing the change is fairly easy.

1st-level illusion

Range: 60 feet
Components: S, M (a bit of dust)
Duration: Instantaneous
You conjure an image of a heavy object of your choice hurtling through an area in range at speed, which appears capable of great harm. The area can be up to 40 feet long, up to 10 feet wide, and up to 10 feet tall. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, a creature is knocked prone and cannot make reactions until the start of its next turn. You automatically succeed on this saving throw.

(Artificer, Wizard)Rewritten from a spell idea discussed here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?640375-Brainstorming-New-Pattern-Illusions). When it was suggested to me to make the spell inflict the worst effects on a successful save, I decided such a thing is odd enough to replace the original dex save with an Int save. The area has also been slightly increased. I figure the spell primarily competes with thunderwave, inflicting larger restrictions on movement, a save enemies are worse at, and a more flexibility on who it targets but not doing any damage.

1st-level divination (ritual)

Range: touch
Components: V, S
You choose a creature within range, and a second creature any distance away on the same plane as yourself. The second creature must make a Wisdom saving throw, which is modified by how well you know the target and the sort of physical connection you have to it. If a target knows you're casting this spell, it can choose to fail the saving throw.

Knowledge Save Modifier
Secondhand (you have heard of the target): +5
Firsthand (you have met the target): 0
Familiar (you know the target well): -5

Connection Save Modifier
Likeness or picture: -2
Possession or garment: -4
Body part, lock of hair, bit of nail, or the like: -10

On a successful save, the target isn't affected, and you can't use this spell against it again for 24 hours. On a failed save you gain a one word description of how the target feels about one creature of your choice within range. Some typical views follow.

Adoration. The target loves the creature in question, romantically or otherwise.
Ambivalent. The target is aware of the creature in question, but has no strong feelings about them in any manner.
Appreciation. The target holds a noticeable like for the creature in question, whether through their virtues or what they consider a personal connection.
Derision. The target holds contempt for the target, disregarding them entirely in most matters.
Dislike. The target is annoyed by or would otherwise prefer to spend minimal time with the creature in question.
Fright. The target is afraid of the creature in question.
Hatred. The target despised the creature in question.
Unaware. The target doesn't think about the creature in question, and likely couldn't recognize them or their name.
Uncertain. The target holds two or more conflicting views on the creature in question and struggles to express or rectify this contrast.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target a creature on another plane or one that no longer exists. In the case of a deceased creature, you learn their opinion on the creature in question at the last point they existed.

(Bard, Cleric, Druid, Warlock)A lot of text for the stereotypical "does the person I like like me back" effect. Nice for spellcasters offering social services, but I expect only dedicated role-players will ever consider taking such a thing. Or maybe a caster makes it fun and charges nobles for the experience; I'm not pretending the effect has any real usefulness. I'm considering dropping the "at higher levels" effect down to a 2nd level spell slot, since it requires you to expend a spell slot to gain the effect. Didn't think of that before writing this post.

Hatred option added.

3th-level conjuration

Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: 200 ft.
Components: V, S, M (a set of artisan's tools worth at least 1 gp)
Duration: 8 hours
You turn an area within range into an ideal workroom for a particular industry. The area is a cube that can be as small as 5 feet to as large as 100 feet on each side. The spell lasts for the duration, until you use an action to dismiss it, or until you exit the space.

If you spend the full duration of the spell working within the area, you can complete up to two day's worth of work during the period the spell lasts.

(Artificer) If a spell is half caster only I restrict bard's ability to learn them. Otherwise I think this is a fitting artificer-only spell.

4th-level enchantment

Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (a tear of joy for good hope or a tear of sadness for crushing despair.
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute.
You choose any number of creatures within range, each of which is affected in your choice of the following manners for the duration. Each creature must be affected in the same manner.

Good Hope. Each target is immune to being charmed or frightened for the duration.

Crushing Despair. For the duration, each target has disadvantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened and their movement speed is halved.

(Bard, Cleric, Warlock) Not sure about the balance, as I think the Good Hope effect is a lot stronger than the Crushing Despair one. I've even written Wave of Grief (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?617782-Complete-Divine-Spell-Conversion&p=24675418) as a stronger option for warlocks at a lower level. Still, leaving it in as a manipulative spell option.

5th-level divination

Range: Touch
Components: S, V
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
You reach out and connect to the mind of a creature, which must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save you can peer into the mind of the creature, learning everything it does. If the creature you choose has an Intelligence of 3 or lower or doesn't speak any language, the creature is unaffected.

For the duration of the spell you gain insight into the creature's reasoning (if any), its emotional state, and something that looms large in its mind (such as something it worries over, loves, or hates). The target knows that you are probing into its mind. As an action, you can force the creature to make an additional intelligence saving throw. On a failed save you forcibly pull one detail from the creature's memory, as if you could recall it yourself. The memory remains until the end of the spell, at which point you only recall any details you payed attention to, as if the creature had told you what it recalls from the event.

Questions verbally directed at the target creature naturally shape the course of its thoughts, so this spell is particularly effective as part of an interrogation. The spell ends early if the target moves out of range.

(Artificer, Warlock, Wizard) A higher level version of Detect Thoughts. Trades range for a longer duration and in order to be better at learning information another creature knows.

1st-level transmutation

Components: S, M (bit of skin from a bulette or a shard of elemental earth)
Duration: 1 hour
One willing creature within range is blinded and gains 30 feet of tremorsense for the duration. The spell ends early if the target ceases to be blinded for any reason.

At Higher Levels. If you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the target is not blinded and retains tremorsense for the duration of the spell.

(Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Ranger, Wizard) I couldn't tell you who "Daith" is supposed to be, but I assume they were blind anyway and didn't care about the drawbacks of using this spell using a low level spell slot to cast it. I also kind of like the idea of a spell which is technically low level but which I expect to be taken only after you can cast spells a few levels higher. I admit such a thing would be a further incentive to take a dip in a different class.

1st-level transmutation

You reach out and touch an object or a construct, which regains 8 hit points. A broken object isn't repaired by the casting of this spell, but superficial damage including faded material and scratches may be repaired.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 8 for each slot level above 1st.

(Artificer) Artificer only, because there's not enough of those. Heals max damage compared to cure wounds because it is less flexible.

3rd-level transmutation

Range: 30 feet
A broken or destroyed object or series of objects instantly reassemble themselves into a physical form they previously held up to 24 hours ago. Objects repaired in this manner can be reassembled from all remaining pieces within 10 feet of the object. The object regains hit points based on the proportion of pieces reassembled this way.

If the target is a Huge or larger object or creation of force, this spell reforms a 10-foot-cube portion of it. This spell can physically repair a magic item or construct, but the spell can't restore magic to such an object.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the maximum size cube the object fits inside increases by 5 feet for each slot level above 3rd. .

(Artificer) 3rd level mending. Suggestions for how to clean up the wording saying that higher level spell slots allow you to put larger objects back together are welcome. Not sure what else to say.

Divination cantrip

Range: 300 feet
Duration: 1 minute
You can clearly see a creature or object within range as if it were within 5 feet of you. If you choose a target within 5 feet of you, you can see the target in extreme detail instead, as if the target had been increased to be 2 sizes larger.

For the duration, you are blind to everything except the target. You can end this spell early as an action.

(Artificer, Cleric, Bard, Wizard) Intended for nearsighted characters. Also useful for reading off of a signboard with a bunch of other adventurers crowding around it, to justify why an adventurer would care it exists. As several other spells on this list I don't expect any optimizers to take it.

1st-level conjuration (ritual)

Components: V, S, M (a shard of baryte)
This spell creates a plane of force in the shape of a seat, back, and armrest that floats 3 feet above the ground in an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range. The seat of the shape can be adjusted and shaped to better fit a humanoid occupant, adding appropriate spaces for additional limbs, smaller creatures, or to expose particular regions for other purposes. The seat remains for the duration, and can hold one creature and up to 500 pounds. If more weight is placed on it, the spell ends, and everything on the seat falls to the ground.

Metals, stone, and other nonliving materials pass directly through the seat, making it impossible for the seat to carry such objects but allowing for tools to be pushed through with ease.

As an action on your turn, you can partially reform the shape of the chair, choosing from the following effects:

Recline. The chair learns back or lifts forward, moving the occupant between a seated position and one lying down.
Fit. The chair adjusts to better fit its occupant. When you do so you can choose to cause the occupant to have disadvantage on skill checks made using Strength and Dexterity. You can also form and remove gaps in the chair, or modify its shape to fit a different potential occupant. The chair cannot be made to inflict damage on any creature or to create any fully enclosed space.
Restrain. The chair restrains the target. The occupant can make a Strength (Athletics) check or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check, ending the condition and exiting the seat on a success.
Move. The seat moves up to 10 feet in a direction of your choice. The bed moves without destabilizing or otherwise harming the occupant. It can move across uneven terrain, up or down stairs, slopes and the like, but it can’t cross an elevation change of 10 feet or more. For example, the seat can’t move across a 10-foot-deep pit, nor could it leave such a pit if it was created at the bottom.

(Artificer, Cleric, Wizard) I turned tenser's floating disk into a gurney. If anyone is good with d&d's draconic, "Sivancirisvar" is meant to be "knife-healer," ie. what I imagine would be a literal translation of "surgeon." If I messed up how the concept would be formatted please let me know.

4th-level illusion

This spell allows you to change the appearance of one creature within range. You give each target you choose a new, illusory appearance. An unwilling target can make a Charisma saving throw, and if it succeeds, it is unaffected by this spell.

The spell disguises physical appearance as well as clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment. You can make each creature seem 1 foot shorter or taller and appear thin, fat, or in between. You can't change a target's body type, so you must choose a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs. Otherwise, the extent of the illusion is up to you. The spell lasts for the duration, unless you use your action to dismiss it sooner.

The changes wrought by this spell hold up to physical inspection, but any equipment created by the spell vanishes in a puff of smoke if it is carried more than 10 feet away from the target. Equipment carried by the target at the time the spell is cast can be similarly disguised, but retains its physical properties. For instance, a set of leather armor can be disguised as plate armor for as long as it remains within 10 feet of the target, but it provides its regular increase to AC.

A creature can use its action to inspect a target and make an Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC + 10. If it succeeds, it becomes aware that the target is disguised.

(Bard, Warlock, Wizard) I am justifying including this spell conversion here by saying it is the ultimate option in a theatrical performance.

7th-level enchantment

Range: 60 feet
Duration: 24 hours
You speak a word of pure truth. One creature you can see within range must make a Charisma saving throw or become unable to lie for the duration. The creature can repeat the saving throw again at the end of each hour, ending the effect on a success.

An affected creature is aware of the spell and can thus avoid answering questions to which it would normally respond with a lie. Such a creature can be evasive in its answers as long as it remains within the boundaries of the truth.

(Bard, Cleric, Warlock) Figured zone of truth could use a higher level variant. Not sure if I should make it a Charisma save to match. I've changed it from an Int save.

Old Harry MTX
2022-01-14, 03:39 PM
Overall, they are very interesting. I would probably change Good Hope in "Each target gains advantage on saving throws made to resist being charmed or frightened for the duration", and probably i would change Scope Signpost in a sort of spyglass spell, that lasts until the caster moves or takes an action.

GalacticAxekick
2022-01-16, 04:12 PM
I love this concept! I would only expand it from "Borrow Text" to "Borrow" or "Duplicate".

Thematically, this just makes sense. If I can copy scrolls, books and tablets with equal ease, why not copy drawings like maps, objects like keys, badges and seals?

Mechanically, I think the expanded role would make the spell more appealing to players!

I'm happy to have helped create this! I might introduce it at my table along with my own homebrew Illusions

Adoration. Ambivalence. Appreciation. Derision. Dislike. Fright. Unawareness. Uncertainty. I think HOSTILITY is conspicuously absent. One if the most appealing uses for thus spell at most tables will be determining who wants you dead.

Also, I would increase the range to 30 feet or so. This is info I would want before I interact with someone: not during.

Handy! Just note that this is nowhere near an Enchantment (mind control) spell, and more like a Conjuration (summoning/creation) spell.

The effect is powerful, but very niche. I might add something to make it more broadly useful, like a social buff/nerf of some kind

The overlaps considerably with Detect Thoughts. It does the same thing, more effectively, with the added bonus of probing memories.

I think you should consider broadening the effects, like allowing the caster to borrow skill/tool/weapon/language proficiencies or read thoughts word-for-word for the duration.

I love this concept! But because ot blinds the user, it seems less like a Divination (a spell wh ou ch magically reveals information) and more like a Transmutation (a spell which transforms the target physically).

Besides repairing constructs, how is this different from the cantrip Mending? Mending is even more powerful, in the sense that it can repair broken objects and this spell can't!

I think this spell should be able to repair broken objects (provided the pieces). Mending's greatest weakness is that it can only mend one tear/crack/hole at a time, and this can't deal with smashed machines or burnt papers. So I would let this spell repair exactly those kinds of things.

Oooh, see this is what I envisioned for Repair. I would combine these two spells into one.

This is a great example of a spell that is strangely narrow. Why can it zoom in on text but nothing else?

I would replace this with a spell called Microscope/Telescope, which let's you magnify anything you see.

Read signposts from across the block. Read tiny print books. Spot fingerprints on the murder weapon. Identify travelers from afar. Etc.

I'm adding this to my table, by the way!

I'm a fan of flexibility over specificity. I'd replace this and Floating Disk with a broader spell which creates an invisible force in any shape you choose. The force would be able to push, grasp and carry any creatures or objects up to a certain weight, and would be intangible to everything else. It can carry your luggage (like Floating Disk), carry a patient (like Medical Seat), push a boulder, hold a door shut, you name it.

The force would be too slow to be used as a weapon, and unable to crush a creature or object, but able to grasp a creature tightly enough to restrain it. It would be able to lift a creature or object no more than a a few feet off the ground.

6TH LEVEL for a spell identical to Disguise Self, except that it can disguise others?

Disguise Self is niche enough that I would integrate everything here into it and just call it Disguise. 1st level spell. Ritual.

I'd make this a Charisma save, and I would make this much lower level. 4th at lowest, 5th at highest. Otherwise good!

sandmote
2022-01-16, 09:36 PM
i would change Scope Signpost in a sort of spyglass spell, that lasts until the caster moves or takes an action.
I would replace this with a spell called Microscope/Telescope, which let's you magnify anything you see.
Read signposts from across the block. Read tiny print books. Spot fingerprints on the murder weapon. Identify travelers from afar. Etc. Both fair points. Will rewrite, although I think it'll take a bit longer than the other changes.

Edit: I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with an effect that doesn't simply replace using a spyglass, which I really don't like the idea of. As such, I'm leaving the spell as is until I can come up with something that isn't "magic does the mundane thing but better."

Before going into the rest of GAK's comments: I'll change the schools for Expedite Undertaking and Old Daith's Eyes

I love this concept! I would only expand it from "Borrow Text" to "Borrow" or "Duplicate". I suppose, although in that case I'm cutting the range. I don't want to replace a puzzle where you need to steal something with an automatic success because you duplicated it; A new puzzle where you need to find a way to inconspicuously move the original within range of wherever you want to take the copy

I think HOSTILITY is conspicuously absent. One if the most appealing uses for thus spell at most tables will be determining who wants you dead.

Also, I would increase the range to 30 feet or so. This is info I would want before I interact with someone: not during.Good point on hostility. Any suggestions on how to clarify the target whose views you are learning can be any distance away on the same plane? The touch range is intended to learn how a third party views someone standing next to you. Ex: A wizard can cast it targeting the king to learn how another noble feels about the king only needs to be next to the king.

There's a similar case for the upcast version, where you only need to be next to the king to learn how his diseased wife felt about him (or feels, depending on the setting's cosmology).

Good Hope/Crushing Despair The effect is powerful, but very niche. I might add something to make it more broadly useful, like a social buff/nerf of some kind If I think of something I'll add it and point it out.

Mindmeld The overlaps considerably with Detect Thoughts. It does the same thing, more effectively, with the added bonus of probing memories.

I think you should consider broadening the effects, like allowing the caster to borrow skill/tool/weapon/language proficiencies or read thoughts word-for-word for the duration. The comparison is intentional: I consider detect thoughts terrible for any sort of forced interrogation, so I wanted a spell that can be used on NPCs that fills this gap. This one's probably a lot better than the others I've written for a similar purpose, actually.

Repair I would combine these two spells into one. Maybe? I'll leave it for now.

Sivancirisvar's Medical Seat I'm a fan of flexibility over specificity. I'd replace this and Floating Disk with a broader spell which creates an invisible force in any shape you choose. The force would be able to push, grasp and carry any creatures or objects up to a certain weight, and would be intangible to everything else. It can carry your luggage (like Floating Disk), carry a patient (like Medical Seat), push a boulder, hold a door shut, you name it.

The force would be too slow to be used as a weapon, and unable to crush a creature or object, but able to grasp a creature tightly enough to restrain it. It would be able to lift a creature or object no more than a a few feet off the ground. Any time you try this, someone is going to try to use the invisible force for cover. Speaking of, should I add a note saying Sivancirisvar's Medical Seat can be easily pushed aside by a creature next to it?

6TH LEVEL for a spell identical to Disguise Self, except that it can disguise others?

Disguise Self is niche enough that I would integrate everything here into it and just call it Disguise. 1st level spell. Ritual. I think this depends on how you run Disguise Self. The advantage of this one is that other creatures physically feel the disguise, and so I feel it does qualify to be higher level than disguise self. Although I do admit Disguise Self, Seeming, and this can easily lose all usefulness in a combat heavy game.

Word of Veracity I'd make this a Charisma save, and I would make this much lower level. 4th at lowest, 5th at highest. Otherwise good! I'll change the save type but I don't think spell can justify such a long duration at such low levels. I will add it to the cleric list though; not sure why it isn't there already.

GalacticAxekick
2022-01-16, 10:15 PM
Both fair points. Will rewrite, although I think it'll take a bit longer than the other changes."For the duration, you can magnify anything you see up to 100 times. For example, you may read fine print as ordinarily sized, and you may read a signpost 1 mile away as if it were 50 feet away"

I suppose, although in that case I'm cutting the range. I don't want to replace a puzzle where you need to steal something with an automatic success because you duplicated it; A new puzzle where you need to find a way to inconspicuously move the original within range of wherever you want to take the copyWait, the duplicate is REAL? I assumed it was a hologram of sorts, because divination spells create information and not objects.

If the duplicate is real, I would make this a conjuration, and I would shorten the range to touch.

Good point on hostility. Any suggestions on how to clarify the target whose views you are learning can be any distance away on the same plane?Oh! You were actually quite clear. I just misread terribly. My bad!

The comparison is intentional: I consider detect thoughts terrible for any sort of forced interrogation, so I wanted a spell that can be used on NPCs that fills this gap. This one's probably a lot better than the others I've written for a similar purpose, actually.I understand that ots intentionally similar. But if I were a player and I knew Detect Thoughts, I wouldn't bother with this. I'd be content enough with Detect Thoughts to save my high level slots for something else.

If you feel otherwise, you can leave it.

Any time you try this, someone is going to try to use the invisible force for cover. Speaking of, should I add a note saying Sivancirisvar's Medical Seat can be easily pushed aside by a creature next to it?Again, the force is solid to whatever it is specifically interacting with, but intangible to everything else.

Think of it as telekinesis. You push, hold or levitate your target, but theres nothing physically there pushing/holding/levitating it.

If you could cast it as a reaction, you could telekinetically gain cover from attacks. But that spell already exists: Shield.

I think this depends on how you run Disguise Self. The advantage of this one is that other creatures physically feel the disguise, and so I feel it does qualify to be higher level than disguise self.The veil being tangible is a detail I overlooked! I'd put that aroubd 4th level.

After all, Hallucinatory Terrain (the other major tangible Illusion) shows up at 4th level.

Eurus
2022-01-17, 10:15 AM
The 3.5 version of Veil was so high level because it dropped all of the limitations on Disguise Self, letting you make the targets look like anything, from mice to giant dragons or arguably even empty air or an Invisible Stalker... Mass greater invisibility at hours/level duration (if you interpret it that way, which is debatable) is probably extreme, but I think your version is a little too limited in comparison. Let the party pretend to be housecats or giants!

I like a lot of these spells, really. I love niche rituals and utility spells, so this is just my speed.

Old Harry MTX
2022-01-17, 05:32 PM
Both fair points. Will rewrite, although I think it'll take a bit longer than the other changes.

Edit: I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with an effect that doesn't simply replace using a spyglass, which I really don't like the idea of. As such, I'm leaving the spell as is until I can come up with something that isn't "magic does the mundane thing but better."

You are right, but you have also to consider that wizards and artificers are basically scholars, so the fact that there's no spell that works like a microscope (to study the infinitesimal) or a teleacope (to discern the secrets of the stars) is even more weird.

Now, we have to consider that a spyglass costs a lot of gold for a low level PG, but also using a cantrip slot can be a pain in the a**. And it can also have a costly material component, like, who knows, a golden pipe worth at least 300 gp, or so...

GalacticAxekick
2022-01-17, 09:14 PM
Take inspiration from Clairvoyance. It's an action to cast the spell and focus on a distant or tiny image. But its ANOTHER action to switch back to your normal senses.

Until you switch back, you are blinded to everything out of focus. Everything closer than that distant sign or larger than that fine print is fuzz.

So the spell would keep all of its utility. But compared to a mundane telescope or microscope, the spell's action economy is terrible.

sandmote
2022-01-20, 02:02 PM
Wait, the duplicate is REAL? I assumed it was a hologram of sorts, because divination spells create information and not objects.

If the duplicate is real, I would make this a conjuration, and I would shorten the range to touch. It wasn't intended to be real, but you mentioned duplicating keys and I didn't think that bit through. I'd rather change it back considering a touch range would make it mostly useless for its original intended purpose.

The veil being tangible is a detail I overlooked! I'd put that aroubd 4th level.

After all, Hallucinatory Terrain (the other major tangible Illusion) shows up at 4th level. Hallucinatory terrain is explicitly intangible, but I will drop it to 4th level.

Take inspiration from Clairvoyance. It's an action to cast the spell and focus on a distant or tiny image. But its ANOTHER action to switch back to your normal senses.

Until you switch back, you are blinded to everything out of focus. Everything closer than that distant sign or larger than that fine print is fuzz.

So the spell would keep all of its utility. But compared to a mundane telescope or microscope, the spell's action economy is terrible. A good balancing option. I'll change it.

Edit: to fit with changes, "Expedite Undertaking" has been renamed "Expediting Workroom," and "Scope Signpost," has been renamed "Scope Detail and Distance." I have also updated the latter.

GalacticAxekick
2022-01-20, 04:44 PM
It wasn't intended to be real, but you mentioned duplicating keys and I didn't think that bit through. I'd rather change it back considering a touch range would make it mostly useless for its original intended purpose. I only suggested shortening the range if the duplicate is real. If its essentially holographic, the range should stay long, and you should be able to duplicate anything.

Copy books, tablets, and scrolls containing text, maps, diagrams and other images to read without damaging the original.

Copy keys, seals, and other objects you want to duplicate by hand, for reference.

Maybe even let it copy faces or scenery! "Have you seen this man?" "This was scene of the crime as we discovered it this morning..."

Hallucinatory terrain is explicitly intangible, but I will drop it to 4th level.My mistake! Confused its effects with Mirage Arcane

Edit: to fit with changes, "Expedite Undertaking" has been renamed "Expediting Workroom," and "Scope Signpost," has been renamed "Scope Detail and Distance." I have also updated the latter.Cool!