PDA

View Full Version : Help with a character name

jaappleton
2022-01-14, 11:25 AM
So, I have a character. Something I've never played.

I think I've only ever played one Fighter before, and it was Mercer's Gunslinger during its infancy and still being worked on quite a bit.

I have made a strength based Crystal Gem Dragonborn Rune Knight Fighter. Say that five times fast.

Instead of the Runes being from Giants, its from ancient dragons. Fitting fully on theme, DM encourages it.

However, I'm blanking on a name. And I need it to match their personality and what they're about.

This character is a complete egomaniac. ABB, Always Be Branding. Their shield is etched with their own likeness, the pommel of their sword is a dragons head shaped like himself. They're the hero, results be damned. Ever heard of the horrible ogre of the Krynn mountains? No? Exactly, you don't know because I handled it. The rest of the party? Oh, that's just my fan club dedicated to helping me out.

I'm going to play it up to the point of parody. Think... Zapp Brannigan of Futurama meets Handsome Jack from Borderlands.

And I need the name to accompany some sort of title, to help with the branding aspect.

Handsome Jack
Captain Zapp Brannigan
God Queen Tyreen

Something along those lines.

Xihirli
2022-01-14, 11:35 AM
Dragon Phoenix Jasmine

nickl_2000
2022-01-14, 11:43 AM
I have made a strength based Crystal Gem Dragonborn Rune Knight Fighter. Say that five times fast.

Crystal Gem Dragonborn Rune Knight Fighter

That was easy....

Runelord Keltahk Daron

I used this https://draconic.twilightrealm.com/
According to this it means Runelord Invincible Knight (although with the meatgrinder that your campaigns are, this may be a bit of a misnomer).

Unoriginal
2022-01-14, 12:04 PM
So, I have a character. Something I've never played.

I think I've only ever played one Fighter before, and it was Mercer's Gunslinger during its infancy and still being worked on quite a bit.

Instead of the Runes being from Giants, its from ancient dragons. Fitting fully on theme, DM encourages it.

However, I'm blanking on a name. And I need it to match their personality and what they're about.

This character is a complete egomaniac. ABB, Always Be Branding. Their shield is etched with their own likeness, the pommel of their sword is a dragons head shaped like himself. They're the hero, results be damned. Ever heard of the horrible ogre of the Krynn mountains? No? Exactly, you don't know because I handled it. The rest of the party? Oh, that's just my fan club dedicated to helping me out.

I'm going to play it up to the point of parody. Think... Zapp Brannigan of Futurama meets Handsome Jack from Borderlands.

And I need the name to accompany some sort of title, to help with the branding aspect.

Handsome Jack
Captain Zapp Brannigan
God Queen Tyreen

Something along those lines.

Narkis

Glorious Gordon

The Amazing Agrav

The Gemstone Gentleman/Gentilhomme

Perilous Pericles

'The Rich' Exaydgrasp

Godfear the Great

Thannathal Topazheart

Ogreslayer Oberyn

Drake Demor

Darring Dunir

'City' Zenkan

Slugger Selmor

Sledgehammer Selmor

Bruiser Branodan

Wyrm Wertimar

Rune Andhidee

The Diamond Dragonborn

Diamond Xilvo

Wrestler Wandel

Helper Wenthed

Breaker Branodan

Hoard Horak

Handsome Horak

Aett_Thorn
2022-01-14, 12:20 PM
The Great and Powerful Warlord: D'ave

jaappleton
2022-01-14, 01:34 PM
The Great and Powerful Warlord: D'ave

We already have a Triton Artificer with that name! :smalltongue:

Evaar
2022-01-14, 02:31 PM
I'm just going to steal a name from Castlevania because it seems to fit: Godbrand.

Maybe add a superlative to the end, perhaps alliterative. Godbrand the Great, Grand, Gracious, Generous.

Then, since you're Dragonborn, I would work backwards from the name "Godbrand" to add a bunch of syllables making it into a draconic sounding name for your full name. Godbrand is the nickname you use for branding. "Xyrgodbrandaltyranaxerath" or whatever.

Dark.Revenant
2022-01-14, 02:42 PM
Crystal Dragon Yeezus

KorvinStarmast
2022-01-14, 04:46 PM
Draco Crystalrune

JLandan
2022-01-14, 04:47 PM
Elvis... also known as The King.

Now that's ego.

jaappleton
2022-01-14, 07:56 PM
I'm just going to steal a name from Castlevania because it seems to fit: Godbrand.

Maybe add a superlative to the end, perhaps alliterative. Godbrand the Great, Grand, Gracious, Generous.

Then, since you're Dragonborn, I would work backwards from the name "Godbrand" to add a bunch of syllables making it into a draconic sounding name for your full name. Godbrand is the nickname you use for branding. "Xyrgodbrandaltyranaxerath" or whatever.

Glorious Godbrand the Gracious!

Call me God for short. Since I am. :smalltongue:

GeoffWatson
2022-01-14, 11:09 PM
Godbrand the Great and Powerful

You even have a song about how Powerful and Great you are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8h_-S6PxpE

Ortho
2022-01-16, 05:02 AM
Well, I've never seen a braggart that didn't have a giggle-inducing name, so let's lean into that a little bit:

Hugglewurt Z. G. P. Bombast, Grandiose Braggadocio! They're not going to let a little thing like a dictionary get in the way of their title.

Centurion Decibel Maximus! So feared (loud) that the enemy always flees in their presence (hears them coming well in advance).

AttilatheYeon
2022-01-16, 05:51 AM
Drake, like the hip hop artist.

arnin77
2022-01-16, 11:59 AM
Kanye the Yeezus