PDA

View Full Version : 3.P - Polyglot Question

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-01-14, 03:06 PM
If you start in epic and already have the Polyglot feat (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#polyglot), is there any reason at all to bother with languages known? Likewise, if you boost your Int score or have Speak Language or Linguistics as a class skill, is there any reason to bother spending points on those skills or noting down what new languages you learn?

"]
Prerequisites: Int 25, Speak Language (five languages).
Benefit: You can speak all languages. If you are literate, you can also read and write all languages (not including magical script).

Tzardok
2022-01-14, 04:43 PM
You mean, besides getting enough languages to qualify for the feat?

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-01-14, 05:34 PM
You mean, besides getting enough languages to qualify for the feat?That's already covered if you've got a high Int, but yes.

Tzardok
2022-01-14, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure wether it's a house rule or not, but I think Polyglott doesn't cover secret languages. Those you would still need to learn the normal way after finding a teacher or whatever.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-01-14, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure wether it's a house rule or not, but I think Polyglott doesn't cover secret languages. Those you would still need to learn the normal way after finding a teacher or whatever.Unless the language specifies that Polyglot doesn't cover it (including "the only way you can learn this language is..."), then Polyglot should cover it, since it says "all languages."