PDA

View Full Version : The Druids Tale

CozJa
2022-01-15, 05:34 PM
Chapter One: Clouds on the Horizon

https://www.worldanvil.com/media/cache/cover/uploads/images/5d2766eaa3ccfcb0fb42d23e991f2cc4.jpg

It's a beautiful day in Greenheart, the unofficial capital of the Eldeen Reaches. The sun is quickly receding from view, giving way to an enldess, clear sky punctuated by stars and by the twelve moons of Eberron.

You came to the Greenheart in the morning, and the city itself, though usually quite calm, is now more akin to a stirred nest; generally, the most commotion comes when house Vadalis brings its seasonal market to the city, but right now the reasons, and the scenery, look quite different from that of a Dragonmarked house display. This last day was long for the city and its inhabitants, everyone feels a strange electricity in the air, a feeling of expectation: Oalian calls for meetings are not rare, but no one remembers the last time the call was for all of the sects, and the reason is a complete mistery.

What each of you know for sure is that the great archdruid Oalian, called for people from all around Khorvaire. And his call was answered, as proved by the city itself: what usually is a tranquil, little place with no more than a thousand of people living in it, is now sprawling with many stranger faces, vests and paws.

You can see members of the most prominent druidic sects active in the Eldeen reaches, and many more: masked halflings with dinosaur steeds amicably speaking with brown vested orcs, veiled elves discussing by themselves while a group of singers wearing leafweave cloacks pass them by, a bear talking intensely with a couple of white-furred foxes, you can even spot a warforged that seems intent in having a staring context with a tree... those and many more scenes unveil in front of your eyes as you pass by the roads, following the way to the Great Druid's Grove.

As you slowly approach the place, you can feel the air becoming even cleaner as before, as if the presence of Lamannia could be felt in your lungs and in your hearts.
The scenery becomes greener with every step, with lush vegetation slowly and gently, but inexorabily, taking the place of the mostly wooden constructions of the city. Before the Grove’s Gate two treemen stand watch in silence, observing the variegated reunion of druids waiting to enter the place.
A group of Children of Winter, with their usual garments, are forcing themselves to chat with a couple of travelers of clear brelish origin, while the other different faces you spotted around the city are converging there, some already in groups, other still searching for company to enter the Grove.

All the present know how the unspoken druidic custom works: to enter the presence of Oalian, the druids must demonstrate their ability to tolerate other sects, and mix their groups together. As many eyes dart around in search of familiar faces or interesting new acquaintances you know that it is the right time to prepare yourselves for the meeting.

(Un)Inspired
2022-01-15, 06:54 PM
Oh f***. Grayson Wilder wakes up to the feeling that his head has been cracked like an egg. His stomach roiling like the sea after a storm. He hears sounds about camp, but keeping his eyes tightly closed he can’t tell if it’s coming from either of his two traveling companions. The people who claim Aundairan apple Brady is so smooth that it cannot make you hung over should be waterboarded.

Oh gods, I think I started talking about Meril last night before bed too. Danak and Tessashal probably understand, right? Orcs are passionate, they can be romantic. They probably understand breakups are hard. That’s universal, right? Forcing himself to stand, Grey conjures all his gumption, walks just outside camp, waves his hand over a patch of bare ground, causing a 5’ deep hole to unearth itself, vomits prodigiously into the hole, commands the pit to fill itself in, and feels several hundred times better.

He gives a sheepish grin to his traveling companions and starts to pack up camp. They were so near to Greenheart that they’d arrive before the morning was over. After packing his belongings and helping with tents, Grey spends quite a bit of time with his cartography tools measuring topography and wind speed, gathering information about the leylines in the area, and preparing his geomancy. When he finds just the right spot, he sets his brigandine leather coat out, and using mental guidance, directs the magical energies of the air and water vapor into it, shifting the armor into infiltrator mode. Im already gonna stand out as a non-Druid, no reason to have all the chain mail stitched into the jacket clinking around ruining the atmosphere.

Satisfied his outfit, magic, and effects are all squared away for travel, he calls Tessashal and Danak over. Drawing energy up into all three of their bodies, from Eberron itself, he cast Aid on the trio, bolstering them for whatever is to come.

Upon arriving in Greenheart, Grayson really began to enjoy the day. The swell of the crowds, all the different people with garb and accents from a dozen and a half cultures, the constant energy in the air in anticipation of Oalian’s gathering; there was gonna be so much to learn today!

Very conscious that this wasn’t exactly a party he was invited to, Grey sticks fairly close to either of his two companions. He spend 10 minutes, while walking around the town, casting his mind out to pick up stray mental whisps of language; by the end of which he’s confident he can understand just about anything someone tries to say, even in Druidic.

Armor set to infiltrator mode

Aid cast on Danak, Tessashal, and Grey @ 3rd level. All of their max and current HP increases by 10 for the next 8 hours.

Ritually casts Comprehend Languages.

Bobthewizard
2022-01-16, 07:38 AM
Danak (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2564148)

The journey from the Shadowmarches had been uneventful. Well, at least they hadn't been attacked. While Greyson was an interesting character who liked his drinking a little too much, Danak was simple man who never drank alcohol. Danak had enjoyed the human's company, even if Greyson was a little difficult last night. The Brelish human's manners were different than anyone Danak had ever met, but he seemed to be a good person. Danak and Tessashal had been able to help him to his bedroll, and at least the man had waited until morning to vomit instead of stinking up the tent.

When no one else was listening, Danak teased Greyson just a little, "So who is this Meril you were talking about last night?" fully aware that Greyson probably didn't mean to bring her up. Danak does not push if Greyson seems hesitant.

Danak had enjoyed seeing new things on the journey and the company of his companions. He had never been more than 100 miles away from his birthplace before today, and still lived in the house he grew up in, but he found that he enjoyed traveling and seeing new things. He still felt guilty for leaving his village and worried constantly about them, even though the council had assured him of its safety. Every evening, before he went to sleep, he would send a bird back to his village to let them know he was well. He knew no one else in his village could do this, though, so he would get no word from them.

This morning, Danak helps take down camp and gets his gear ready. There's not much though. He wears no armor and carries only a shield, a few small weapons, and a blanket roll. His bluish-green, tattooed skin is exposed over much of his body. But most people first notice his striking white eyes. Even the irises are white. It's a strange thing for others to see, but Danak has always been this way. From his dress, it is obvious that he is a Gatekeeper from the Shadowmarches.

As they go into town, Danak mostly sticks with his current companions. He has met a few druid ambassadors from other parts of Khorvaire when they visited the Shadowmarches, and recognizes a few of them here, but he doesn't think any of them would remember him since he was just a low-level representative at the meetings.

He doesn't feel comfortable introducing himself to any of the others, but he stands in an open and friendly manner, waiting for other druids to approach him so they can mix their sects and enter together.

Waistcoatwill
2022-01-16, 11:29 AM
Ravage has been standing listening to a discourse rom Perceptor about manifestations zones for what seems an age....and the influence of Lammania is further demonstrated by... A glimpse of green skin at the edge of his optic field brought welcome relief.

That is the half-orc, we must follow her. The light is gone, why?

That is not unexpected, an aura may only manifest when the being is actively drawing power from Dal Quor. I had assumed that that was impossible with Crya absent from the tapestry of Siberys, but it may simply account for the altered signature I detected.

Ravage noticed the others accompanying the woman. Three would be a problem if conflict ensued, he must approach stealthily. Ravage weaves through the crowd his living boughs less conspicuous here, offsetting the near uniqueness of his warforged form. He circles around tthem, remaining downwind and closing the gap in bursts as their attention is directed elsewhere. All the while Perceptor attempts to deliver increasingly frantic advice.

Now, host Ravage, we sensed no direct threat from this being. Linking up with them will help you enter this event and enable us to study them more closely. Please attempt some opening pleasantries this time...an exchange of names can begin to establish trust...anything other than growling...

Ravage leaps out in front of the trio, adopting a combat ready crouch. His fang barbs are somehow bared despite his cracked stone faceplate lacking lips. A growl like grinding rocks begins to build on his throat. Grayson clearly hears a telepathic yell, NO GROWLING!, cutting the noise short.

After an odd pause the warforged addresses the group in a barely moderated tone. "My designation is Ravage, tell me yours." He looks each stranger up and down, weighing up their physical threat levels whilst awaiting a response.

Stealth to see if Ravage does get the drop on them [roll0]

I'm trying to use italics to show mental communication between Ravage and Perceptor. If that doesn't work or if Perceptor needs it's own text colour then let me know.

BelGareth
2022-01-18, 07:37 PM
Frond (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2563201)

Frond had been walking...for what seems like an incredibly long time, but really, he wasn't walking at all. His cart was ramshackle, and seemed like it would fall apart at any moment, he was enjoying himself in the drivers seat, mixing some concoction of fungi and other....regents. The cart, was covered in frilled fungi, of all types, almost as if they were curated, a bright blue cup like mushroom sat next to a frilled yellow with red stripes, which was next to a veritable miniature field of purple mushrooms, that looked like little fur trees. Frond was ambivalent as his cart was pulled into the city by his four helpers, mycelial strands growing from each, coming out their mouths, ears and nose. The eyes were bulged, caught in their death throes, but somehow managed to be functional, enough. They went about taking the cart to a stall, where Frond jumped out, and commanded them to wait, which they did, by standing their, slowly swaying side to side as even more mycelial threads grew in between them, and the cart.

Some reached out to Frond as he left, only lingering long enough to not make it, and retract to the colony.

Frond wore a smile, and nodded to everyone he met, he was probably the most jovial Child of winter ever, and broke the mold that they were xenophobic, it helped that he towered over pretty much everyone, a gentle giant was always welcome, and he quickly found food helped bridge whatever gap was remaining.

As he walks, spores trail him, hanging in the air, bobbing up and down as if they were alive. He stopped and bowed to each of the two Treants with great respect.

Starbin
2022-01-20, 06:43 PM
Tessashal (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2568710), Kalashtar Ranger

Tessashal peered around the peaceful city that was Greenheart, breathing deeply of the peace that infused the very ground they walked on. The journey here had been quiet, and not altogether unpleasant - a significant accomplishment when part of the trip had been through the Shadow Marches. As a Gatekeeper, she had worked with Danak several times, and the two worked well together. Druid and rangers were often sent out in pairs or small groups to check on villages, patrol portions of the woods, investigate rumors of aberrations, and where necessary deal with them. They were comfortable enough around each other that neither felt the need to disturb the silence with meaningless chatter.

While she did not share the same connection with Grayson Wilder, he too seemed to be comfortable with long silences. He was friendly enough, and was obviously experienced, but he seemed introspective at times; at other times, he was almost morose, seemingly focused on something. Perhaps it was this Meril ...

Arriving at Greenheart lifted her spirits and seemed to bring no small amount of purpose to Grayson. As they entered the city to get their bearings, she glanced around, taking in the different groups of fellow guardians. A glance at Danak told her she would need to do as the elders had suggested and bring the man out of his shell. However, before she could find a suitable group of druids to engage, something raised the hackles on the back of her neck. Spinning, she turned in time to see a strange looking warforged creature jump out and growl, clearly ready to attack.

She almost pulled free her bow and put two shafts into the thing's eyes before she caught herself. As the thing stopped, it spoke, the voice much calmer than its demeanor. Was this a test? Something to judge newcomer's reactions to such stimuli?

"Designation? You mean names? I suggest a measure of politeness could do wonders for you ... Ravager, was it?

I am Tessashal. These are my companions. Why did you approach us with such aggression?"
OOC - I'll stop there ...
AC 16 HP 60 Init +3 Move 35’ Passive Per 15
Saves: Str +4 Dex +6 Con +1 Int +0 Wis +2 Cha +2
Skills: Arcana +3, Investigation +3, Religion +3, Insight +5, Perception +5, Persuasion +7
F/E - (Aberrations / Fiends): Gain adv on Survival checks & Int checks to recall; gain lang
Deft Explorer: Gain Canny (Walking speed +5 and gain equal climbing and swimming speed; Give 1d8+3 temp hps 3/long rest; W/Short rest, exhaustion reduced by 1 lvl)
Fighting Style - Archery (+2 attack w/range weapons)
Primeval Awareness: Gain spells with time (Speak with Animals, Beast Sense)
Ranger Conclave (Fey Wanderer)
- Dreadful Strikes: Add 1d4 psychic damage to weapon dam (1/turn)
- Shadow moves when no one is looking at it
- With Cha checks, gain +3 bonus and pro w/dec/per/perf
- Gain adv vs saves to charm or frighten; on a successful save vs charm/frighten (w/120') redirect to someone w/your spell save DC
Extra Attack Attack twice for each action
Land's stride: some terrain benefits
Weapons:
DC 13 / +5, Knows 5; 4-1st / 3-2nd
0th: ray of frost, mage hand, minor illusion, prestidigitation, toll the dead, sacred flame, guidance, thaumaturgy, chill touch
1st: animal friendship, charm person, hunter's mark, zephyr strike
2nd: beast sense, misty step, lesser restoration, enhance ability, silence

Effects: TBD

Waistcoatwill
2022-01-27, 05:15 PM
Ravage, Warforged Druid

Ravage stands up to his full height, clearly angry, before pausing, head tilted slightly. At the same time, the fine traceries crosscrossing the strange orb embedded in his chest flash rapidly, turning from white to a faint shade of red.

But I did Introduce myself this time, he mutters. With an petulant toss of his head the warforged regards Tessashal again, shoulders sagging slightly.

I heard the call of the Great Oak like the rest, but the others here avoid me. I have tried for days. He growls briefly, before being cut off again by the flashing orb again. I know no others here but I have seen you before, so I couldn't let you escape. We will form a pack!

His single optic locks on to each of the trio's eyes in turn, challenging them to decline. The orb flashes again...Humph...please!

Starbin
2022-01-27, 05:33 PM
Tessashal (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2568710), Kalashtar Ranger

Tessashal eyed the strange figure before them, gauging his (its?) real intent. In the Marches, she would likely have put two shafts through Ravager's eyes, but in the heart of this place, she was certain the creature's intent could not be evil - surely the multitude of sect members would have seen through any subterfuge. No, this was indeed a test, whether intentional or not, and she would not shy away.

She stepped forward and offered her hand, fingers loosely pressed together, but obviously free of any weapon and no visible claws. With a nod of her head she smiled wanly. "I cannot promise we will become a pack, for that implies a closeness earned over time and through trust. However, you may certainly join us. As for interacting with others, I was going to introduce Brother Danak and Master Grayson here, " she pointed to the Gatekeeper and chronicler in order, "to some of our brethren and sistren here. It is both polite and expected by our host. I was particularly intrigued by a man I saw walk by being followed by small mushroom people.

Was there anyone in particular you wished to meet, Ravager?"

Tessashal spoke directly to the warforged, her eyes seeking his out, unwaveringly.
OOC - facilitating some convo
Skills: Arcana +3, Investigation +3, Religion +3, Insight +5, Perception +5, Persuasion +7
F/E - (Aberrations / Fiends): Gain adv on Survival checks & Int checks to recall; gain lang
Deft Explorer: Gain Canny (Walking speed +5 and gain equal climbing and swimming speed; Give 1d8+3 temp hps 3/long rest; W/Short rest, exhaustion reduced by 1 lvl)
- Gain adv vs saves to charm or frighten; on a successful save vs charm/frighten (w/120') redirect to someone w/your spell save DC
Weapons:

Bobthewizard
2022-01-28, 07:10 PM

Danak hadn't seen many warforged before, so he regards the one in front of him with curiosity. It was unnecessarily aggressive at first but seems to have calmed down and composed itself. Or himself? herself? How can you tell?

His friend Tessashal seems to have gotten to the point of the matter so he backs her up.

"We are not a pack yet. But maybe someday."

But Danak doesn't stay to see how this conversation continued. He sees a giant of a man covered in mushrooms. A Firbolg? It must be a Firbolg. No one in the village will believe me. I must meet them. He had heard stories of these gentle giants but had never seen one, or even knew anyone who had seen one.

Despite his normally stoic nature, Danak excuses himself from his current company and moves a few paces over to intercept the Firbolg. He approaches in a friendly manner.

"Excuse me, my name is Danak. Where are you from? We are trying to make a small group to enter the city. Would you like to join us?"

He holds back his real questions as they run through his head. Are you a Firbolg? What's it like being a Firbolg? Where are you from? Instead, he keeps his composure and offers his hospitality and companionship.

(Un)Inspired
2022-01-28, 08:42 PM
Responding to Danak’s polite inquiry Grey steadies himselves as he rides out a wave of nausea before plastering over it with an sheepish smile and a bit of embarrassed blushing.

Oh did I say something about Meril d’Cannith last night? She was a work colleague. We worked together. Back at the university. Yeah, we worked together for a while actually. Actually we were sort of engaged for a while. You know how life goes though. But it was mutual. Well, we mutually decided not to… We’re not really together anymore. Best laid plans, and all that.

Overcome with a sudden powerful urge to brush his teeth, Wilder Prestidigitates a toothbrush into hand and has at it.

When the hulking warforge Ravage approaches, and then addresses Grayson and his companions, the human immediately snaps to attention. So Cannith built warforged druids. Wouldn’t have guessed that. At least it’s friendly, or friendly adjacent?

Mr. Ravage, or just Ravage is it? It’s nice to meet you. Wilder speaks earnestly but clearly deep in unfamiliar conversational terrain. Traveling Greenheart together sounds nice, but as Tess says it might be a bit early for packing? Packhood? That’s just more commitment than I can give at the moment. My most recent pack just broke up actually. It was mutual. Danak actually knows the story pretty well.

Danak…?

Grey follows the Half-Orc with his eyes and sees his compatriot chatting up the enshroomed giant. And that’s a giant. A literal giant, and a necromancer. I guess it takes all kinds to make a Druid circle. Alright, mouth closed Wilder, act like you belong. When in Metrol do as the Metrolpolitans. Don’t act like this is your first Druid meet up.

Tessashal, Ravage, Shall we go introduce ourselves? Better to be the big guy’s friend than his next beast of burden. He says as he hooks a thumb towards the Firbolg’s horrific cart.

Howdy, I’m Grayson Wilder, it’s nice to meet you. he holds out his hand to Frond, never before having felt like it looked this minuscule.

Waistcoatwill
2022-01-29, 06:11 PM
Ravage looks down at Tessashal's outstretched hand in a slightly puzzled manner before awkwardly reaching out to shake it, encouraged by small flashes from the orb. He nods ever so slightly in respect to both half-orcs stern responses.

In contrast, Grayson's greeting elicits obvious puzzlement. Questioning glances at his chest and even Tessashal seem to offer the warforged no guidance on how to respond. After far too long for politeness, Ravage replies.

Just...Ravage...that is all I was designa...named. Our meeting is nice? My old pack was broken too, I am the last. Did you fight for control of your pack? Even if you lost, you still live. I survived and now my Circle has life and grows. It could not have done before...

Ravage trails off, clearly relieved when Grayson follows Danak. In the brief privacy of the procession towards the mushroom man, Ravage sticks close to Tessashal.

It was you we wanted to meet. A deadly cat-beast attacked us on the journey. It glowed with strange light. I killed it, but it exploded with...the orb flashes...sigh-oh-knee-k feedback. I saw you, in my head, surrounded by light. Perceptor says it is almost like dream light. Do you know this beast? I do not like it, even in the Mournland I saw nothing like it.

BelGareth
2022-01-31, 05:20 PM
Frond is watching a large insect attempt to carry it's prey, a larger spider, up and away from the annoying gravity bringing it down, he was about to assist, when he was interrupted by a voice. Turning around, he smiled wide, open his arms wide in greetings

"You are excused Danak! Well met!, Excuse me as well! I am Frond, well, I am from all over the place, but if you are referring to where I retain my abode?" he says with a sly wink "Well, that would be the Eldeen reaches, what about yourself?" he asks, as he rummages through his bag, one of several slung over his massive shoulders and pulls out a bandage, he unwraps to reveal several homemade biscuits "Would you like one?" he says, offering a biscuit.

As the others approach, his smile goes even wide (if that was possible), offering each a biscuit "Well met Grayson Wilder, I am Frond," he places a biscuit in the mans proffered hand.

He peers at Ravage, and turns to the others "Would he like one as well?"

Whoever eats a biscuit gets 3 temp hit points.

Bobthewizard
2022-02-01, 03:36 PM

Danak is a little cautious in accepting the biscuit. With all these mushrooms around, I hope these are good, but he has never been one to turn down free food.

After taking a bite, he decides his worries were unfounded as the flaky biscuit melts in his mouth.

"That might be the best biscuit I've ever eaten, Frond. Thank you for sharing these with us. I'm with the Gatekeepers in the Shadowmarches."

Starbin
2022-02-02, 04:47 PM

In the middle of what appeared to be introductions, Tessashal blinked as both Danak and Grayson left to go greet the same figure she had mentioned. Shaking her head in bemusement, she turned back to Ravager, to see the warforged standing closer than before, staring at her intensely.

"It was you we wanted to meet. A deadly cat-beast attacked us on the journey. It glowed with strange light. I killed it, but it exploded with..." the orb flashes "...sigh-oh-knee-k feedback. I saw you, in my head, surrounded by light. Perceptor says it is almost like dream light. Do you know this beast? I do not like it, even in the Mournland I saw nothing like it."

Tessashal frowned slightly at the comments, one hand absently running through her hair. The description of the creature was unfamiliar, but the circumstances surrounding it reminded her of something that had happened to her almost a fortnight prior. She considered the warforged's question, then shook her head slowly. She replied in a low tone, uncertain how much to share these events with those wondering past. "It doesn't sound like anything I am aware of, although it is possible to be a new variant of an old beast. Without more information, I couldn't possible say. Did you sketch the beast at all, or capture it's image? Or could you recreate it with magic?

As for the light, I ... it sounds like the same light I saw when casting one of my spells. Strange, but I feel like it is connected. I fear there is an evil approaching, but I cannot figure out what or who. I wondered if the meeting called here has anything to do with what you and I have seen."

After a moment, she pushed aside the thoughts and nodded to the giant druid speaking with Danak and Grayson. "Perhaps we should join them. It looks like he is handing out free bread ...""
OOC - The plot, she thickens! Tessashal is ready to join the others.
Weapons:

Waistcoatwill
2022-02-04, 07:11 PM
Ravage

Ravage shakes his head grimly at Tessashal's words. My optics captured the image, but that does not help you. What is sketching? Flash Flash...Oh, I have never tried. Like this? Ravage scratches a crude rendition in the earth before grunting in frustration and obliterating the scribble.

Ravage stomps off after the others, talking over his shoulder. If it is a big danger we will fight another one. I want the Great Oak to tell us why we were called here soon. I do not like this waiting.

He pauses at the sight of the Firbolg, strange even compared to him. Despite lacking an obvious nose he sniffs cautiously at the offered morsel. A rapid series of flashes cause him to nod in greeting. Thank you...? That is kind, my name is Ravage. He glances towards Grayson briefly. It is nice to meet you?

Finally, he snatches the treat and gobbles it down. As he lacks lips or a tongue, it isn't a pleasant sight. This doesn't taste of blood iron! I like it!

CozJa
2022-02-06, 12:06 PM
As you, and many other visitors, slowly crowd the clearing in front of the Grove's Gate. The treemen guarding it seem like arboreal sculptures, never moving unless called to action; when greeted by the good-hearted firbolg, both of them slowly move their faces, with a gentle sounding creaking of branches answering Frond.

As you are intent in knowing each other, and many around you do the same, a gentle breeze starts raising, slowly molding into a more powerful wind that forwards the sounding of three horns, shaking the entire place. At this sound, the two treemen move themselves aside, leaving a larger entrance to the Grove, and signaling the beginning of this most expected meeting.

As you enter the Grove you find yourselves in another, larger and greener clearance, punctuated by many different trees; before you can place yourselves, a group of Wardens encourages the different groups formed before you entered to place themselves in different parts of the clearance, as if to keep the groups distinguishable. Right now, for the first time, it is possible to better understand how many of you are present: counting more than a dozen of different groups, you can approximate that almost a hundred of representatives from the varous sects are present. At the far end of the clearance a rocky rise brings to an upper, naturally grown courtyard, with ten different seats and, at the center, a larger stone where stands the great druid Oalian, roots branching everywhere, connecting with all the seats.

A group of druids are seated on nine of them, sternly looking around the newcomers, while one stands in front of Oalian; as she turns her attention to all of you, her brown vest flutters, giving the impression of autumn leaves flying in the wind.
She looks around, then speaks, with her voice strongly covering every other rumor.

"Welcome to the Great Council, many of you will want to know why you have been called here, and many more of you will want to hear the wise words of Oalian. But first of all, We, the Elders of Greenheart, greet you all, and thank you for answering the call. May the Breath of Eberron blow eternally!"

"May the Breath of Eberron blow eternally" answers a chorus from the elders and other Wardens.

After this, she comes back to her seat and a loud, strong noise of branches moving forwards Oalian starting words.

"Wel...come to this most sacred meeting." his voice sounds powerful but gentle, and reaches your ears as if skillfully riding the air itself.
"All of you have been called to investigate on some... worring, things that are happening, all around Khorvaire. The Wardens have studied the skies, we have gazed into the words of the dragons, and We have found patterns... the stars of Siberys are telling the same things that the life in Eberron show us: Khyber is stirring! After the Great Wound in the East or, as others call it, the Mourning, there are forces in action that are trying to blow up the winds of war and conflict. While the druids are no stranger to it, and we are all ready to take arms against the forces that threaten us, right now, we believe a different approach is needed: we must travel the continent and try to defuse conflicts, at least until we won't be able to understand what is behind them. I know that for some of you this may be more difficult than for others. But you are all here to serve the greater good of Eberron, fighting even against our natures, if that means saving Nature itself. The Wardens has stood against many threats for thousands of years, and I with them, and all of you, all of your different traditions can be traced back to this one, simple task: be the rock that breaks the tide of madness. Now, it is the time to stand together, against an enemy we still haven't been able to identify, but whose actions we can recognize. Again, I ask you, stand with me, stand with us."

With this last words the Great Oak stops speaking, he becomes motionless, and the Brown clothed druid walks on the centre and speaks up again.
"A member of the wardens is coming to you, if you accept to stand with us, each of your groups will be assigned a region of Khorvaire to investigate, and you will have our instructions."
This time, the buzzing of words is not covered by her voice, and you can notice that some of the people present here have perplexed faces. Some seem skeptic about Oalian words, even if none dares to admit it in this place.

After a couple of minutes, a dwarf comes by you, he wears a simple black robe, covered by a dark green mantle, and he spots a red-brown belt and a pouch, its colors matching that of the dwarf's beard and hairs. He greets you: "Well met, my name is Bruennan, and I'm here to give you my instructions. But, first of all... I want to know, what is your opinion on the Great Druid's words?"

Elder Faena Graymorn a khoravar druid, famous for being the leader of the delegation reaching Thronehold years ago, during the secession from Aundair. She is the de-facto administrator of day-to-day matters in Greenheart, and a trusted elder of the council.

You remember Bruennan: he is (or was?) a member of the Gatekeepers known for his mistrust of fey. He frequently fought against faeries circles and tried to free people from the clutches of Thelanis' Summer Court. While he is obviously quite hostile in principle to the Greensingers, he rarely acts directly against other druids.

Bobthewizard
2022-02-06, 01:21 PM

Danak is not surprised by any of the speech. The call came, the elder Gatekeepers thought it was serious and sent Danak and Tessashal to investigate and assist. He was sent here to do this job so he will not protest or question the assignment. In fact, he looks forward to exploring some of Khorvaire.

When Bruennan approaches our group and introduces himeslf, Danak rises and greets the dwarf in the usual manner, offering an outstretched hand and a slight nod. He is, of course, much taller than the dwarf, but it would be insulting to stay seated. With his distinctive bluish skin and pure white eyes, Danak is sure the man would recognize him, but some people aren't quite as observant, so he plays it safe.

"Well met, Bruennan. I have seen you before when you brought news to the Gatekeepers in the Shadowmarches, but I was a low level staff member at the time and we were not formally introduced."

"The Gatekeepers have also seen worrying omens recently. They were anxious for us to look into these signs and help in any way we can. I am ready for whatever assignment Oalian and the Elders deem necessary." He makes sure to say I instead of we in case any of the others are having doubts.

Waistcoatwill
2022-02-07, 06:13 PM
Ravage

The warforged initially shakes his head and thumps a fist 8nto his thigh in frustration at Oalian's words.

Stop conflict? Someone dies, cowers, or runs, this is how my fights end. What use am I in not fights? I know nothing of this.

He almost turns to stalk away but halts, seemingly thoughtful and not just listening to something unseen for once.

So the Great Oak hunts a prey it cannot see or smell. Our groups will be sent out to be bait to lure it or hounds to flush it out into the open. My pack hunted like that at times. I am not afraid to be bait and when the prey gives itself away, my claws and fangs will be ready. We will help.

Starbin
2022-02-07, 06:27 PM

Tessashal listened to the words of the High Druid, pondering the task posed to all of them. The Great Tree's spoke of a coming conflict, perhaps as great as the Last War. It must be internal, since if it were against a common enemy, the Tree wouldn't ask them to curtail the conflict. He mentioned the Mournland ... did that mean the threat could result in something as bad as that? Perhaps worse? And who was behind it all? Oalian mentioned Khyber stirring ... was that a veiled reference at the underworld? Were the Daelkyr involved? Or worse?

The awakened tree finished with a request - stand with the druids. At the center, near the Great Tree, stood Elder Graymorn, her blonde hair almost alive as she directed envoys to seek out the various groups attending. There was a buzz that went beyond the normal hum of this place - this might be the a key moment in the history of Khovaire ... and possibly the world. The ranger watched as a dwarven druid made his way over, greeting their small group and asking on their thoughts.

Tessashal let Danak answer first, then Ravager. After a few moments, she gave her response. "What is my opinion? I find the High Druid's words disconcerting. They raise many questions. What is the conflict coming? How will we know which ones to stop? How do we stop them? And who is behind them?

But ...just because they are concerning, they still ring with truth that cannot be ignored. I was not called here like the others; I came because I felt the stirrings of something ... something evil that threatens everyone. I knew this gathering could not be coincidence.

In answer to your unspoken question, I will stand with you. There is something coming, a darkness that many know ... and many do not. I fear what will happen if night catches us unprepared.
OOC - She's in!
Weapons:

(Un)Inspired
2022-02-07, 09:01 PM
Grayson held the cookie in his lips for a moment as he tugged off his gloves, and tucks them into his belt. As the hoard of druids is hearded up their hill, he samples the confection tentatively, My immune system can probably handle whatever sports might be in this… right?, and smiles and nods in thanks to the hulking Frond.

Hearing the Grand Druid speak, Grey listens pensively. A threat that requires all the Druidic sects to unite against? Something with Khyber… Daelkyr or Demonic, maybe? And something to do with the Mourning. A chance to help fight back against whatever caused the Mourning. Publishing a paper on the cause of the Mourning, AND getting to cite Oalian as a source! That’s absolutely tenure guaranteed.

Wilder is careful to not get completely lost in his thoughts; important information was coming from not only Oalian, but from the Druidic higher ups as well. He considers Bruennan’s question carefully.

It’s hard to imagine The Grand Druid speaking frivolously about a threat to Eberron itself. If I can help in any way then I’d be pleased to volunteer my skills to the cause. What region of Khorvaire any you interested in sending our group?

BelGareth
2022-02-08, 10:39 AM
Frond smiles wide as his new companions enjoy his wares, as he too did, the pink truffle biscuits where a recipe her was developing, and he had added a little cheese into this one, making them fluffy and almost falling apart. He joined everyone in the Great Grove, and listened to Oalian's words with closed eyes, swaying back and forth as he did so, as if he were soaking it all in.

He watches the dwarf approach "Bruennan....It is a joy to meet you" he says, bowing his head "Opinion? I enjoyed hearing the Great Druid's words, though, the content was not as appetizing. I have no opinion on the topic, such as the sky does to the sun, it just is, and will be. I am eager to visit new places, perhaps I can learn some new recipes for my new friends!"

CozJa
2022-02-13, 01:11 PM
As Danak mentions the Gatekeepers Bruennan's face darkens briefly, but the dwarven druid quickly recovers and demonstrates himself satisfied with the group acceptance of his offer.
"It's good to know that we can still count on each other in these dark times. And a special thanks goes for you, Grayson Wilder, you are not bound by the magic of the land, but are eager to help us! As for your questions..."

Bruennan uncovers a parchment and unrolls it. When he is done, he speaks a command word and a series of writing on the parchment start emitting a pale green light, then they form a map of the Eldeen reaches in front of you.

He points in two different places.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you won't go that far. We have to investigate some troubles we came upon in the Reaches. Out there in the south," he says, pointing to a sparkling light over the Silver Lake, "is the village of Greenblade. It's mostly... unimportant for all of us, but three Gatekeepers disappeared when travelling near it in the last months. We would like to investigate more on it, if you have time. But..." He moves and point to another direction in the map, North of Lake Galifar.
"... right now, we have more pressing matters. I don't know how many of you have heard of Wolf's Paw, a little community of shifter who dedicated themselves to working the land and settled down. They were able to keep reasonably friendly interactions with the community of Havenglen, but the follower of the Silver Flame have a strong support there, and we fear that the situation could excalate quickly: there have been rumors of accidents between some flamist villagers and shifter merchants, and what is worse, Duke Erel ir'Malain of Aundair still has some interest in the place, even after the war. We suspect that he may use the presence of the Silver Flame as an excuse to intervene directly on behalf of the shifters. That would be a political nightmare for all the Eldeen reaches!"

He stops, and sighs heavily;

"Look, I don't want to force you into action, and be assured that if you choose to follow one of our requests, we will make sure that somebody else takes care of the other one, but I'm really worried about the situation on our Eastern border!"

http://klubbsaga2015.wdfiles.com/local--files/eldeen-reaches/Eldeen%20Reaches%2001.png

Bobthewizard
2022-02-14, 07:22 AM

Danak wonders why Bruennan's face darkened when Danak mentioned the Gatekeepers. If Danak remembers correctly, the dwarf had no trouble with the Gatekeepers, just the faeries and Greensingers.

Danak is surprised by the second option presented. There has to be a better group than us for playing politics. He knows that he is not going to be much help with that. The first choice, though, investigating the disappearance of three Gatekeepers, seems much more like something he was trained to do. It also seems potentially more important. Danak wonders what he is missing.

"Three Gatekeepers disappearing from one location is very concerning. This could be the work of the daelkyr, in which case it may be much more urgent than a political squabble over imaginary boundary lines. I think we should go to Greenblade. But if the rest of you think the shifter community is more important, and they have another group that can investigate the disappearance, I will go with you."

He looks to his companions and knows that he will stick with Tessashal and Grayson whatever they decide.

Waistcoatwill
2022-02-15, 12:50 PM
Ravage

Ravage nods vigorously in agreement with Danak.

I can help more in a hunt than I can in a word fight between farmers and townsfolk.

If Greenblade is not important, why were three druids there? Did they all go missing together or at different time? How did word reach us if all the druid's passing this place die?

CozJa
2022-02-25, 05:30 AM
Pleased by the warforged interest, but somewhat worried by its many questions, the dwarven druid tries to clarify what he previously said.

"Slow down, creature of the wild, slow down! You made a lot of assumptions. First of all, I never said that the druids died, they disappeared but, as I'm sure many of you know, it is not uncommon for those of our kind to lose ourselves in thew wild for a while, or simply find something to investigate and forget to come back to other members of the circle. Some of us started worrying when we noticed another druid stopped giving informations to his companions after two week. That's the third disappearing in the span of five months, and all the thing we found in common for all three of them was that they were travelling near the village of Greenblade."

Bobthewizard
2022-03-01, 06:40 PM

Danak shakes his head at Bruennan. The dwarf seems a little flippant about three druids going missing from the same location. This probably should have been investigated after the second disappearance, but definitely needs sorted now that there are three missing druids.

"Even if the Gatekeepers are alive, three of them disappearing from one location is very concerning, especially when we haven't heard from them. They could have asked animals to send messages to us to let us know they were ok. I let my village know I'm ok every couple of days. Something is wrong."

He then looks to his companions to see what they might be interested in doing.

Starbin
2022-03-02, 03:14 PM

Tessashal listened to the two tasks, tapping her chin as she considered the value of both. The others spoke, and Danak predictably voted to follow the Gatekeepers. However, Tessashal knew that the situation at Wolf's Paw could spell greater disaster for the Reaches. But how to know where they were called? Perhaps it was easiest to accept the 'coincidence' of two Gatekeepers being given the mission?

"What can you tell us of the three druids that are missing? Were they on missions for the Gatekeepers, or something esle?
OOC - Still around!
Weapons:

BelGareth
2022-03-08, 02:16 PM
Frond watches the smaller druids talk, smiling the whole time.

"Would seem we have chosen to focus on these lost brethren, I must confess, I too am curious what happened to them, and if Master Bruennan woudl allow us, I think we have chosen our mission? When can we leave?"

(Un)Inspired
2022-03-13, 10:23 AM
Grayson’s face waivers between bemused and flattered at being specifically thanked by Bruennan. Ah, well, you know… it would be awfully inconsiderate to show up here and be unwilling to pitch in. And when a problem is of such a scale that it threaten to effect everyone… seems kinda foolish to be unwilling to put your foot down.

When the presentation of the two operations is conducted by the dwarf, Grey listens and silently contemplates the more appropriate course of action. Missing druids, or the threat of a boarder war. The latter seems much more imminently vital to tackle, but the former seems a much better fit for our quintet’s skill set.

After hearing his companion’s responses, Wilder, realizing he’d spent far longer than socially acceptable lost in his own thoughts, pipes up.

Master Bruennan, as important as the ruckus in Wolf Paw’s undoubtedly is, it may be a task more apropos for a group that can politically speak for the people of the Eldeen Reaches, rather than our crew of foreigners. Beyond Tessa’s excellent question regarding communications with the missing druids, what can you tell us about Greenblade itself? I’ve never had the pleasure of a visit, and I rather not barge into the community culturally blind.

CozJa
2022-03-26, 12:05 PM
As the group seem set on searching for the missing druids, Bruennan hesitates for a moment, then tries to give them all the informations he can"Well, for what I know, the frist druid stopped giving informations almost five months ago; his name is Caedran, he is one of our brothers, but a quite reclusive one; he was no new to this behavior, therefore nobody was particullary striken by it. Things changed when, three weeks ago, Ghraak'ash, a young druidess, disappeared after sending a message to her teacher, master druid* Rakhtron, in which she told him about a bad sensation she had while passing near the village."

The dwarven druid looks briefly at the soil, as if trying to bury a sense of guilt.

"Nobody was alarmed by Rakhtron words, and we were slow to react. He decided to keep things in his hands and left for the village. We haven't heard anything from him since then. As for your question, " he says, turning toward Grayson,
"Greenblade is... well, it is nothing more than a little fishing village. For what I know no more than thirty people leaves there, and it has always been a little dot in the maps. Well... in some maps, since nobody outside the Reaches really care about it. There are a couple of merchants that show up here twice a year, and, if I'm not mistaken, a retired militian of the Aundarian royal guard opened up a pub there. Don't really know for whom."

Bruennan looks at each of you, then points toward the city.

"You can rest and depart tomorrow morining, if you want, or you can leave for Greenblade now. But before it, take this."
He reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out an acorn; it is yellow-green and it looks still at its early stage, as if fallen right now from an oak.

"This is called the Acorn of Words; You can use this to communicate briefly with me, and I will be able to answer you back. Be wary not to abuse its power, though: it sends messages through the life of Eberron itself, and everytime you use it, a portion of the life in its seeds vanishes."

The title of master druid between the Gatekeepers is usually given to a gifted teacher capable of training others in the ancient druidic ways. That doesn't imply a particular power by the possessor of the title. There are some powerful druids who are called master druids, but there are a lot of minor casters between them, whose greatest gift is that of being particullary capable of explaining druidic magic to young Gatekeepers.

The result of druidic magic applied on rare yellow acorns with two seeds inside them. By placing it on the palm of one hand, and concentrating on the creature who created it, the owner of this acorn is capable of communicating with that creature, as if casting the Sending spell.
The life magic in the acorn can sustain only four uses of it (two for each of the seeds inside it), then it crumbles into dust.

Waistcoatwill
2022-03-29, 12:19 PM
Ravage

Only three weeks ago for the second disappearance. This is good, the trail will be less cold.

He turns to his new companions.

I would go now, there is nothing I want here.

He scans the group, almost commanding them, until the orb in his chest flashes again. There is a slight metallic squeak that might be a sigh.

What say you all?

Bobthewizard
2022-03-29, 12:33 PM

Danak shakes his head at Bruennan. As he takes the acorn, he asks for more details about the missing druids.

"I do not know these druids. How will we know Caedron, Ghraak'ash, and Rakhtron when we find them? I agree with Ravage. We should go now. The sooner we get to Greenblade the better, and we are all used to sleeping on the road. "

He then prepares to leave, but there is not much that needs to be done.

BelGareth
2022-04-04, 11:03 AM
Frond nods emphatically to the dwarf,
"Well," he says taking the offered acorns, "No time like the present, eh?" he finishes, jovial till the last. He looks to everyone, and then continues "My cart is ready when everyone else is, I don't think we need to tarry long, unless you all would like to taste my cooking before we leave?"

Starbin
2022-04-07, 04:21 PM

Tessashal listened to the dwarf, pausing only to ask "How long after the druidess' disappearance did Rakhtron go to investigate?
It does seem that time is of the essence, so leaving now would make sense.

No offense to your cooking skills, Master Frond."
OOC - Still around and ready to head out.
Weapons:

BelGareth
2022-04-08, 02:51 PM
Frond immediately nods, causing some of the plant matter on him to shake, some of the detritus falling off as he did so. His face started to look sad "Oh but of course! I would never...no...let us go at once!"

Starbin
2022-05-02, 11:22 AM

Tessashal smiled to the large mushroom master, then looked to the others. "Does anyone require anything before we depart? "
OOC - didn't want this to go too long before the thread died ...
Weapons: