PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Kineticist Long range nuke

AceDragonKing
2022-01-18, 01:13 AM
So i’m trying to make a extremely long range nuke with a kineticist in pathfinder.

What i have so far.

Airs Reach(doubling range)
Extreme range (now 960ft)
Composite blast Sandstorm
cyclone 20ft radius
Rod of widen spell (to increase cyclone to 40ft radius)
gather power until you get to add on
both maximize spell (max damage)
and empower spell (roll damage anyway and multiple that by 1.5 and add the result to the the maximized damage)
Elemental overflow +7
for a grant total of (20d6+20+(2xcon(“5”))+ 7) or 157+((20d6x1.5))

Basically spend a few turns gathering power like some sort of super sayian before unleashing a massive nuke as the opening strike at a range that they don’t see you as an enemy or can’t get to you yet.

I feel like i’m missing something or several things

loky1109
2022-01-18, 01:25 AM
roll damage anyway and multiple that by 1.5 and add the result to the the maximized damage)
Wrong. By 0.5.

Kurald Galain
2022-01-18, 03:31 AM
Basically spend a few turns gathering power like some sort of super sayian
I mean yes, that's what the mechanic is supposed to represent; but by the rules you cannot do this for several turns. The maximum is one full round plus one move action. Also, gathering power is an "extremely loud, visible display", so doing this gives all enemies one round to get behind cover.

You got 192 damage in two rounds. To give a comparison, in this time an orc-blooded or draconic sorcerer can cast Meteor Swarm twice, for (32d6 + 32) x2 = 288 average damage, at a similar range.

AceDragonKing
2022-01-18, 11:18 AM
I mean yes, that's what the mechanic is supposed to represent; but by the rules you cannot do this for several turns. The maximum is one full round plus one move action. Also, gathering power is an "extremely loud, visible display", so doing this gives all enemies one round to get behind cover.

You got 192 damage in two rounds. To give a comparison, in this time an orc-blooded or draconic sorcerer can cast Meteor Swarm twice, for (32d6 + 32) x2 = 288 average damage, at a similar range.

I didn’t realize you could only gather power for that long. But the flip side is i could launch it infinity as opposed to spell slots but that’s a good point :/