PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with map generators.

Denomar
2022-01-18, 02:36 AM
Hey folks.

Real simple question: I am starting a new game soon and as an exercise in group bonding and buy in I really want to generate a world with friends. I want to have a map that we can populate with various places drawn from other worlds or games or books and smorgasbord a place like some sort of multiversal hot pot.

I want to generate a blank map that is only split apart by demarcations for country borders and water ways. I've tried to use some of the map generators that I've found online but I seem to just not be able to read properly because I can't make the map maker perform this function. They keeps auto-populating cities and placing names that I don't want.

Does anyone have a preferred world map making tool and if they do. What Options Do I Choose to create a blank map like this?

Paragon
2022-01-18, 04:36 AM
Hey folks.

Real simple question: I am starting a new game soon and as an exercise in group bonding and buy in I really want to generate a world with friends. I want to have a map that we can populate with various places drawn from other worlds or games or books and smorgasbord a place like some sort of multiversal hot pot.

I want to generate a blank map that is only split apart by demarcations for country borders and water ways. I've tried to use some of the map generators that I've found online but I seem to just not be able to read properly because I can't make the map maker perform this function. They keeps auto-populating cities and placing names that I don't want.

Does anyone have a preferred world map making tool and if they do. What Options Do I Choose to create a blank map like this?

After benchmarking a few, I chose Wonderdraft.
Inkarnate is an online option that looked really good and ProFantasy all made it on the podium

Forgot the lazyman choice : https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/

Batcathat
2022-01-18, 04:42 AM
I like Inkarnate, I feel like it's really easy to make good looking maps using that. Though I'm not sure if it's possible to make borders with the free version (they have a premium version with more stuff, though I find that the free one is enough most of the time) but I suppose you could always just add the borders afterwards.

Melayl
2022-01-18, 08:20 AM
Go to the Carographers' Guild (I don't have the link right now). They're all about everything map making.