PDA

View Full Version : Talenta Weapons

noce
2022-01-20, 07:14 AM
I'd like to build a Halfling Barbarian, which starts his fights with Hurling Charge and the two Boomerang feats, before going melee as any typical barbarian build.

I'm wondering if I need Talenta Warrior for proficiency or not. I read somewhere in this forum that Talenta Halflings are proficient with Talenta Boomerang, but to my knowledge Talenta Halfling is not a subrace per se, so any Halfling from Talenta should have that proficiency. Someone else even says everyone from Talenta is proficient with it.
The fact is I can't find this rule in any Eberron book, is it really a thing?

Sir_Chivalry
2022-01-20, 07:25 AM
The fluff intention is that Talenta halflings are proficient with Talenta weapons from the start, yes. However since this was never spelled out in the crunch, that feat exists (with helpful little bonus to damage and something for if you use action points)

So it's up to your DM, they can tell you

Paragon
2022-01-20, 01:06 PM
Rule is explicited under the table or weapons p120 of EBS.

A wielder native to the region mentioned in a weapon’s name treats that weapon as a martial weapon rather than an exotic weapon.

noce
2022-01-21, 03:43 AM
Rule is explicited under the table or weapons p120 of EBS.

Found it, thank you.
So the rule exists and is explicit, and Talenta Warrior totally overlaps with this rule on the proficiency part, given the fact that you have to be a Halfling from Talenta and thus you already treat the three weapons as martial weapons.

Oh well, for what I have in mind that feat might be worthwhile nevertheless.
My idea is going Barb 3 / Ftr 2 / Master Thrower 5: this means I need Weapon Focus (Talenta Boomerang) and I'll get Improved Critical (Talenta Boomerang) for free. Talenta Warrior would double up those feats on Talenta Tangat, too.