PDA

View Full Version : List of magic items that require/improve Rage

noce
2022-01-25, 07:19 AM
There are several magic items that are specifically meant to be used by a raging or frenzying character, I'll try to make a list but it is incomplete so please help me to include missing items!

Berserking Sword (SRD): cursed item; flies you into a rage at every fight, you cannot stop attacking friend and foe
Berserker (MIC): +1, two handed melee only; increased damage while raging
Brash (MIC): +1, melee only; increases rage duration and gives fear immunity
Fury (HoB): +1; increased damage while raging

Heraldic Crest of Ferocity (HoB): shield enhancement; increases rage duration, casts Rage on activation

Bear Helm (MIC): head; if raging, halves damage from one attack on activation
Cloak of Predatory Vigor (MIC): shoulders; if raging/frenzying, heals yourself on activation
Mask of Blood (MIC): face; increases rage/frenzy duration, gives you a ranged attack on activation (activation doesn't require raging)

Demonhair Shirt (Dragon 356)
Torque of Lucid Raging (Dungeon 126)

Axe of Anger (A&EG)
Berserker Blade (Masters of the Wild)
Crazed weapon (A&E)
Frenzywater (A&EG)
Furious Weapon (Oriental Adventures)
Mantle of Rage (Web (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/MagicItems.pdf))
Necklace of the Marauding Beast (all three versions) (A&EG)
Prayer of Anger (Magic of Faerūn)

loky1109
2022-01-25, 07:35 AM
Bear helm from MIC

Beni-Kujaku
2022-01-25, 09:09 AM
Demonhair Shirt, Dragon 356
Necklace of the Marauding Beast (all three versions), A&EG
Mask of Blood, Magic of Faerun

Crazed weapon, A&E 3.0
Furious Weapon, Oriental Adventures

Maat Mons
2022-01-25, 09:58 AM
Torque of Lucid Raging (Dungeon 126, p95).

noce
2022-01-25, 10:38 AM
Added Dragon Magazine stuff and 3.0 stuff as separate spoilers, given that many players don't use them in their games.

ShurikVch
2022-01-25, 12:28 PM
Magic Items:
Heraldic Crest of Ferocity (Heroes of Battle)

3.0 Stuff
Axe of Anger (A&EG)
Berserker Blade (Masters of the Wild)
Frenzywater (A&EG)
Prayer of Anger (Magic of Faerūn)

noce
2022-02-08, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I added everything plus Mantle of Rage from a seemingly official source, albeit perhaps 3.0.

So, are we done? I expected the list to be longer, it's rather disappointing. :smallconfused:

Psyren
2022-02-09, 02:26 PM
Pathfinder has a bunch, but some are PF-specific due to requiring or interacting with rage rounds (like Headband of Havoc and Torc of Bloody Rage). I'll leave those out as they'd need to be redesigned before they can be used in a 3.5 game and focus on a few universal ones.

- Furious weapon property: weapon gains a +2 increase to its enhancement bonus (i.e. increase that stacks with existing enhancement) while the wielder is raging. This is particularly useful in Pathfinder because higher raw enhancement bonuses mean the weapon can bypass additional forms of DR, e.g. a +2 furious weapon can bypass DR/adamantine while the user is raging because it becomes +4.
- Bloodthirsty armor property: enhancement bonus to AC bonus is increased by +1 if you deal melee damage, or +3 while raging.
- Cord of Stubborn Resolve: This belt is huge and a must-have for all my PF barbarians. It blocks fatigue, which means you can ragecycle without any restrictions beyond your rage resource itself.
- Boots of Swift Fury: +4 deflection to AC vs. AoOs while raging