PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Jetstream Sam's Murasama blade as a pseudo legacy weapon

Kategeeper
2022-01-25, 05:42 PM
BEHOLD! I ****IN' MADE JETSTREAM SAM'S MURASAMA AS A PSEUDO LEGACY WEAPON!

Gun-Scabbard Murasama Mk. I
An unorthodox, red-bladed eastern blade. It has a complex scabbard with a firing mechanism built into it to allow for a lightning fast quickdraw attack.
Mechanically, counts as a +1 Katana.
Damage: 1d6(S), 1d8(M)
Threat range/critical multiplier: 18-20/2x
Special properties: Exotic (can be two handed as martial)
If your blade is sheathed, and your character has at least 14 Dexterity, they can attempt a quickdraw attack as part of a normal attack action or full attack action, dealing 1d8 extra damage.

Skill tricks tied to the weapon:

Quick sheath
Prerequisite: 5 ranks in Sleight of Hand
Benefits: you can sheathe your blade as a free action instead of a move action.

Mysterious intent
Prerequisite: 5 ranks in Bluff
Benefits: the first time you target a creature with a quickdraw attack, you can roll a bluff check contested by the opponent’s sense motive. On a success, the opponent is denied its dexterity modifier to AC (along with any dodge bonuses).

Enhancement price: 5000 gp

Gun-Scabbard Murasama Mk. II
Mechanically, counts as a +2 Katana
Has properties of Mk. I Murasama otherwise.
If you are targeted by a melee attack while your blade is sheathed, as long as you’re aware of the attack and aren’t helpless, you can attempt to parry an attack as an immediate action by rolling against an opposing attack. If your result is greater than the enemy attacker’s, the attack’s damage and effects are nullified.

Feats tied to the weapon:

Nimble on your feet
Prerequisite: Character level 8th, Dex 17
If you successfully parry a creature’s attack with the Murasama, you can sheathe your weapon instantly and move to the back of the creature that attacked you. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Enhancement cost: 15000 gp (includes cost for Mk. I. Costs 10000 to upgrade)

Gun-Scabbard Murasama Mk. III
Mechanically, counts as a +3 katana.
Has properties of Mk. I and Mk. II Murasama otherwise.
If your blade is sheathed, you have the option to unleash a gun-powered pommel strike to stun opponents. Your strike deals 2d4 bludgeoning damage. Targets have to make a DC (10+ your Dex modifier + half your level) Fort save or be stunned for a round.

Skill tricks tied to the weapon:

Option Select
Prerequisites: 15 ranks in Bluff
Benefits: When a creature is hit by your pommel strike or quickdraw, they become fixated on it, to the point that they can overlook other attacks. When you hit a creature with a pommel strike, on your next quickdraw attack rolled against them, you can choose to roll a Bluff check contested by the target’s Sense motive. On a success, the creature is denied its Dex bonus to AC. The same is true for the opposite order (i.e., Quickdraw > Pommel strike).

Enhancement cost: 30000 gp (includes cost for Mk. I and Mk. II. Costs 15000 to upgrade)

Yours truly,
-Geeper.