PDA

View Full Version : Human Constructs

Athan Artilliam
2022-01-26, 02:53 AM
My artificer has a mad plan. He wants to craft a construct body then True Mind Swap or maybe Magic Jar it(right now im looking at a Sacred Guardian Hivenest (Shredstorm) Shadesteel Golem with a Shadow Evocation Glowing Orb hidden in its chest)

Afterwards I would cast Hide Life & cut off a sacrificial nub designed into the Golem. Then tuck the nub into a pocket on my old meatsuit & cast Imprisonment on it while in my own personal Demiplane.

This should make my Artificer effectively immortal in a physically powerful body, with perpetual healing, haste & immunity to most magic.

But I dont want to stroll around as a Construct. I want to be flesh & blood, just without the weakness. Im looking for ways to gain the humanoid Type after my shenanigans. I was originally thinking a Skin of Proteus to give me back my "old" looks in a always on effect, but after rereading it I feel a little lost. Will using the Skin reduce my combat abilities when I shapechange to a human? Are there better spells or such that could be used?

Maat Mons
2022-01-26, 04:20 AM
My go-to method of being an ageless robot who's all fleshy and squishy to the touch is a Warforged with the Mind's Eye ACF for Egoist that exchanges the first-level feat for the Minor Change Shape ability normally only possessed by Changlings.

Maybe you could modify the technique for your crafty, body-swappy ways by turning a (Greater) Doppelganger into a Construct with the Half-Golem Template.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-01-26, 10:16 AM
Make a humanoid skin graft (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook&p=23285432&viewfull=1#post23285432) from your original skin and install it on your new body. (And make sure to hit your original body with a regenerate spell to grow its skin back.) Enhancing it as a psychoactive skin of proteus with a video game hammerspace is just icing on the cake at that point. Illithid humanoid skin grafts make you look like the person the skin belonged to originally without changing your stats, so it should make people see you as your original self (extra buff, of course, since who wouldn't want to improve their appearance?).

Jervis
2022-01-26, 12:58 PM
Make a humanoid skin graft (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook&p=23285432&viewfull=1#post23285432) from your original skin and install it on your new body. (And make sure to hit your original body with a regenerate spell to grow its skin back.) Enhancing it as a psychoactive skin of proteus with a video game hammerspace is just icing on the cake at that point. Illithid humanoid skin grafts make you look like the person the skin belonged to originally without changing your stats, so it should make people see you as your original self (extra buff, of course, since who wouldn't want to improve their appearance?).

https://sm.ign.com/t/ign_za/news/t/terminator/terminator-dark-fate-trailer-debuts-thursday_aazh.1280.jpg

After that you might need to find a way to travel back in time. Da Da Dum De Dum

Zanos
2022-01-26, 02:04 PM
Human Heritage is a pretty cheesy way to keep the immunities from a type while ditching the weaknesses that typically target it.

If you care more about your appearance than your mechanical type, the humanoid skin graft is the best option I've seen.

Athan Artilliam
2022-01-26, 07:50 PM
If I just wanted to look human I could use disguise or alter self etc. Im trying to be human

Human Heritage is a pretty cheesy way to keep the immunities from a type while ditching the weaknesses that typically target it.

If you care more about your appearance than your mechanical type, the humanoid skin graft is the best option I've seen.

So if I make it intelligent I can give it feats. But how does that mesh when i mind swap with it?

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-01-26, 07:54 PM
If I just wanted to look human I could use disguise or alter self etc. Im trying to be humanAs mentioned, Human Heritage would give you the Humanoid (Human) type/subtype when it benefits you, while allowing you to keep all the construct goodies. There's also the Human Blood feat, as well.

You look human on the outside, you act human because your mind and soul are human, and you're mechanically human when it benefits you.

The only tricky bit is turning your skin into an illithid human skin graft in the first place, along with actually magically enhancing it.