PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Invoker classes (DaTedinator's Druid and ErrantX's Channeler)

petermcleod117
2022-01-28, 09:50 PM
Hello!

Has anybody played DaTedinator's Druid (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?135219-New-Invoking-Druid-Base-Class) or ErrantX's Channeler (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?196557-3-5-The-Channeler-an-angelic-invoker-Base-Class) classes? I want to know how balanced they are before I consider including them in my next campaign at my players' request (an urban fantasy campaign similar to Percy Jackson). What tier would you place them in?

Thank you.

Silva Stormrage
2022-01-29, 12:45 AM
I have played with ErrantX's Ebon Initiate as a PC (Which is just a necromantic themed version of the Channeler) and used channeler for a few NPC fights as a DM.

I would put the Channeler into high tier 2. It's on par with sorcerers or psions but has some pretty strong out of the box options. If your players aren't too familiar with optimization it will probably seem VERY strong. It grants effective at will out of combat healing and has great damage/utility/CC depending on invocations picked. So it is similar to a sorcerer but has a much harder time picking bad or mediocre spells.

I am not familiar with the Druid invoker but I would but it at tier 2 as well from what I saw.

petermcleod117
2022-01-29, 01:17 AM
I have played with ErrantX's Ebon Initiate as a PC (Which is just a necromantic themed version of the Channeler) and used channeler for a few NPC fights as a DM.

I would put the Channeler into high tier 2. It's on par with sorcerers or psions but has some pretty strong out of the box options. If your players aren't too familiar with optimization it will probably seem VERY strong. It grants effective at will out of combat healing and has great damage/utility/CC depending on invocations picked. So it is similar to a sorcerer but has a much harder time picking bad or mediocre spells.

I am not familiar with the Druid invoker but I would but it at tier 2 as well from what I saw.

awesome, thanks!

ErrantX's stuff seems to be pretty good in general. I have played his Generator class in a Gamma World 6e campaign, and it felt like a good Tier 2 to me. part of the reason why i asked tho is because his Iron Man class was a little... too powerful. Like a Tier 0 or something. pretty sure a 12th level Iron Man could kill a god.