PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pelinal Whitestrake in Pathfinder

Gonk
2022-01-30, 10:24 AM
I have been given the opportunity to play in a 13th level gestalt game and am looking to Pelinal Whitestrake from the Elder Scrolls as inspiration. Does anyone have any ideas for how I might do that? Though I will be focusing his ire on dragons instead of elves as that will be the focus of the campaign.

Edit: My first assumption is that 13 levels in Paladin would be the best bet.

Eldonauran
2022-01-30, 11:02 AM
How close do you want to stick to the lore? According to the wiki, Pelinal Whitestrake was an "immortal hero, legendary warrior, sorcerer, king, and crusader..."

If you are sticking really close, a gestalt Paladin (of Chaos)/Sorcerer is pretty much spot on.

Also, he wasn't an especially 'nice' guy.

He was known to be very quick to anger, perceiving even the slightest comment as an insult. He would act on instinct and would rarely think about his actions, as shown when he began to mock the Ayleids for their ancestry, leading to his dismemberment at their hands. Another example is when he slaughtered thousands of Khajiit, thinking they were a species of elf. Pelinal was also known to be quite mad, embarking on endeavors of rage and anger, killing any who stood in his path and even destroying the land itself. This madness may have also led him to despise the gods, killing any who "spoke according to their logic." Pelinal was known to be so defiant and short-tempered that he reportedly felt Akatosh looking down on him and simply stared back at him.

Keeping that in mind, perhaps a Bloodrager/Sorcerer with celestial themed powers, or use the Id Rager archetype for Bloodrager to get that feel.

Lord Raziere
2022-01-30, 11:05 AM
I'd personally say he is an Android Barbarian with the Armored hulk archetype/Warpriest of some kind. he has rage, divine power and is a construct in some manner. he isn't a pathfinder paladin because I'm pretty sure some of the more psychotic things he done would disqualify him from being one. that should cover him in general.

Gonk
2022-01-30, 11:22 AM
GM has sadly laid down the banhammer on Android, but I am looking into "Barbarian with the Armored hulk archetype/Warpriest", "Paladin (of Chaos)/Sorcerer", and "Bloodrager/Sorcerer with celestial themed powers".

Gemini476
2022-01-30, 03:37 PM
If they laid down the banhammer on Android they'd probably not allow Nanite Bloodline Sorcerer either, which is a shame because that would seem fitting.

[And then] Kyne granted Perrif another symbol, a diamond soaked red with the blood of elves, [whose] facets could [un-sector and form] into a man whose every angle could cut her jailers and a name: PELIN-EL [which is] "The Star-Made Knight" [and he] was arrayed in armor [from the future time].

Anyhow, "big angry unstoppable crusader-man with a laser hand" is probably how I'd summarize him. Some kind of magical barbarian type would probably fit the concept best, yeah.

paladinofshojo
2022-02-03, 02:25 PM
Why is everyone calling him a barbarian… everything he did was justified… he sounds like a LG ranger with favored enemy: elf

Eldonauran
2022-02-03, 03:11 PM
Why is everyone calling him a barbarian… everything he did was justified… he sounds like a LG ranger with favored enemy: elf
Lawful GOOD is not compatible with the actions he took through his lifetime.

Gemini476
2022-02-04, 09:44 AM
Also, he's less a Barbarian than he's a 3.5 Frenzied Berserker: he'll go mad and start killing anything that even remotely resembles an elf, even if that's a khajiit.

paladinofshojo
2022-02-10, 01:56 PM

Lies, he did no wrong!

Eldonauran
2022-02-10, 06:10 PM
Lies, he did no wrong!
If only the alignment system was morally grey in D&D. I'm fairly certain that if you take a pick of a FEW of the actions he committed, he would immediately qualify for falling under the Paladin oath. So, my statement remains as it is.

Raven777
2022-02-10, 06:11 PM

They're called Human rights, you know... :smalltongue:

Eldonauran
2022-02-10, 07:54 PM
They're called Human rights, you know... :smalltongue:
:smallannoyed: I get that that was said in jest and was tongue-in-cheek, but ... I don't think the universe in D&D cares about your mental gymnastics to justify such behavior.