PDA

View Full Version : Is there a list of ways to get status immunity in 5E?

Odessa333
2022-01-30, 04:37 PM
Topic. This follows a discussion I was having with my group of Paladin aura's, of how some grant immunities, and wondering if someone could potentially be immune to ALL status conditions in 5E, how far could one character go in being immune to charm, sleep, grapple, prone, etc. Has something like that been done before?

KnotaGuru
2022-01-30, 08:11 PM
I don't know about ALL status effects, but a level 10 moon druid can wildshape into an elemental which are immune to a lot of status effects.

JackPhoenix
2022-01-30, 08:31 PM
Sure, True Polymorph the target in an object. Objects are not susceptible to status effects.

More seriously, turning into various creatures with the immunities you want is an option. You can propably use non-safe Wish, but watch out for backfires, see above.

elyktsorb
2022-01-30, 09:34 PM
Off the top of my head at 14th level Spore Druid's gain immunity to the Blinded, Deafened, Poisoned, and Frightened conditions, and also become immune to critical hits, which turn into normal hits, unless they are incapacitated.

KorvinStarmast
2022-01-31, 10:20 AM
Sure, True Polymorph the target in an object. Objects are susceptible to status effects.

More seriously, turning into various creatures with the immunities you want is an option. You can propably use non-safe Wish, but watch out for backfires, see above.
Shapechange allows this kind of flexibility.

HPisBS
2022-01-31, 12:41 PM
I don't know about ALL status effects, but a level 10 moon druid can wildshape into an elemental which are immune to a lot of status effects.

Put the other 10 levels into Monk for permanent immunity to poison and disease, along with pseudo-immunity to charmed and frightened. Make it Mercy Monk for cheap removal of blinded and deafened.

Spend an ASI on Fighting Initiate to get Blindsight and be somewhat immune to blinded.

Also, Freedom of Movement is a Druid spell, so keep that prepared to make yourself (or an ally) immune to paralyzed and restrained when necessary. (Also to cheaply escape grapples.)

-- Alternatively, go all the way to Monk 14 for proficiency in all saves and the ability to reroll those saves to get a facsimile of "immunities" that way.