PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Oblivion NPC

kirbsys
2007-11-21, 08:31 PM
Who is your favorite Oblivion NPC, why? After this give a quote.
I like Shady Sam (if you don't know who he is, follow the Imperial city wall north away from the talos plaza district gate). He seems like a cool guy, without the scumminess of the thieve's guild fences or the evile of the Dark Brotherhood salesmen. Plus the dude sells skooma, poison, and lickpicks, whats not to like?

"Combat is simple. Lure them out to the water and fill 'em with holes. If you have a bow. And can walk on water..."

Lord Shplane
2007-11-21, 08:49 PM
That Dark Elf woman in Skingrad.

"Any idea what the fine for necrophilia is here?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-11-21, 10:06 PM
Weebam-Na with his rat rant.

warty goblin
2007-11-21, 10:46 PM
Haskill from Shivering Isles cracks me up. It's like he's so sane he's insane.

Baboon Army
2007-11-22, 12:40 AM
I love Big-Head(if I'm not mistaken) from Shivering Isles, he always had something insanely confusing to say.

ocato
2007-11-22, 12:49 AM
I like the redguard who trains you for the arena. I forget his name, but you go out there and magically flay three guys without so much as an effort, then come back and he calls you a maggot and tells you that you are weaker than him. Then you magically flay him and then reload your last save. He's a character.

kirbsys
2007-11-22, 01:44 AM
Ocato, out of curiosity, are you named after High Chancelor...?

2007-11-22, 02:44 AM
I like that paranoid psycho. I forget his name, but it starts with a G.

He asks you to go check out some woman, because she's spying on him. I accepted and followed her around all day. She pays no attention to him. Went back to him and told him what I saw. He asked me to kill her. I said no.

So he goes, "Fine! I'll do it myself!" and walks into his room, then walks back out with a big axe strapped to his back!

I followed him through the streets and all the way to this woman's house. I know I should have helped her, but I was laughing to hard to try and stop him as he chased her around screaming. EVentually a guard took him out.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-11-22, 12:51 PM
I like that paranoid psycho. I forget his name, but it starts with a G.

He asks you to go check out some woman, because she's spying on him. I accepted and followed her around all day. She pays no attention to him. Went back to him and told him what I saw. He asked me to kill her. I said no.

So he goes, "Fine! I'll do it myself!" and walks into his room, then walks back out with a big axe strapped to his back!

I followed him through the streets and all the way to this woman's house. I know I should have helped her, but I was laughing to hard to try and stop him as he chased her around screaming. EVentually a guard took him out.

You mean Glarthir?

2007-11-22, 06:02 PM
You mean Glarthir?

Thats it.

He was hilarious.

Jinura
2007-11-24, 09:23 AM
That guy in the cell in the dungeon you start in.. He mocks you and a few days later he gets finded dead.

Green Bean
2007-11-24, 09:31 AM
Haskill from Shivering Isles cracks me up. It's like he's so sane he's insane.

That guy is amazing. You know, if you do the Sheogorath shrine quest after the main Shivering Isles quest,

(Shivering Isles Final Quest Spoilers)
Haskill will be the one to answer your prayers. He'll say (something like) "Praying to yourself, my lord? That's not a good sign. Or perhaps it is for the Lord of Maddness."

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-24, 05:40 PM
Sheogorath from the Shivering Isles. He earlier says in the conversation that he doesn't know what to have for dinner, and...

"Haskill's got more brains than a brain pie. Oh! Brain pie! Perfect! Care to donate?"

Pyro
2007-11-25, 11:10 AM
M'aiq is my favorite. He's a bit of an easter egg, but I love the 4rth wall breaking comments about Oblivion.

2007-11-25, 01:45 PM
That guy in the cell in the dungeon you start in.. He mocks you and a few days later he gets finded dead.

One of the missions for the assassin's guild is to kill that guy.

Felt so good to say, "You're going to die here, dark elf. Die." and then ice him.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-11-25, 04:34 PM
One of the missions for the assassin's guild is to kill that guy.

Felt so good to say, "You're going to die here, dark elf. Die." and then ice him.

You mean Valen Dreth, right? I thought his banter with the guard was hilarious. And then I sniped him from across the hall.:smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2007-11-25, 05:23 PM
hehe, I cant remember the specifics, but I do recall its hilarity.

But nothing really says entertaining, like "CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!!!" -sheogorath
The necrophile dark elf never fails to make me smile :smallsmile:
And this was wierd. I never saw it myself, but I saw it on youtube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PBVbmrc0CRA)

And I believe that sometimes, random friendly nonguard NPCS not in cities will, occasionally give friendly advice
"If you run into a troll in the woods, you run. Problem solved. Next question?"
"Blackwood isnt so bad, once you get used to the smell, and being lost all the time, and the zombies, and will-o-the-wisps"

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-25, 07:15 PM
M'aiq is my favorite. He's a bit of an easter egg, but I love the 4rth wall breaking comments about Oblivion.

Oh, I completely forgot about him. He's just as good as Sheogorath.

"M'aiq wishes he had a stick made of fishies to give to you. But he does not." Or something like that.

Lord Shplane
2007-11-25, 08:25 PM
Necrophilia woman still beats all the people you said.

Green Bean
2007-11-25, 08:38 PM
You know, the weird thing about necrophilia elf is that if you follow the right conversation chain, your character knows the punishment for necrophilia off the top of his/her head. Makes you think, doesn't it. :smallamused:

Edanor
2007-11-25, 09:19 PM
Quite creepy.

I like Mike(Or Mai'q) He's funny.

Coming in close second is Gogron

Emperor Ing
2007-11-26, 06:02 AM
Sheogorath talking about Jyggalag, the daedric prince of biscuits, err, order. :smallwink:

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-26, 04:59 PM
Just another quote from my favorite old Daedric Prince, Sheogorath, that I happened to remember:

"Everything changes. Even Daedric Princes. Especially Daedric Princes. And I'm no different, except for the ways that I am."

Superglucose
2007-11-26, 10:49 PM
I have a few. And by 'a few' I mean 'three.'

Deet-San, for just being the most awesome person in Cyrodil. And by extension, Kud-Ei.

And Ma'iq, though only because of what he said in Morrowind. "Naked Liches: "A horrible thing indeed. If you see one, let M'Aiq know. M'Aiq wants to make sure to look in the other direction.""

Now as for Morrowind NPCs? Divayth Fyr FTW, followed by M'Aiq and Jobasha.

Stormthorn
2007-11-26, 11:02 PM
My favorites. Looking back at them, i worry about my moral compass.

Necrophilia Woman

The vampire guy with the V's in his name that gives you your first few dark brotherhood quests. Man, i hated killing him. Oh well, only the strong survive.

That Dremora you meet in Paradise.

That bookshop owner in the shivering isles that told me "Spend a night with me and you'll learn why they say 'love hurts'"

That woman in the Isles that made the Gatekeeper and was all obsessed with the Flesh Element

Honorable Mentions: female Murderer that follows you around once you top Dark Brotherhood. My shadow self. Brothers from Skyrim who join you in KotK. The one mage guy in the talos plaza who told me that being retired ment "staying up late and ready trashy books"

Lord Herman
2007-11-27, 04:02 AM
To be honest, I found most of the NPCs in Oblivion a bit lacking in personality. Shivering Isles was much, much better. Sheogorath is great, as is Haskill.

And big-head.

The blind shall see! The lame shall walk! The short shall tall! Forks for all!

Green Dragon
2007-11-28, 07:47 AM
I remember when i did the mission with Gogan. The ladies told me i would have "A night of fun i won't soon forget." Well, i did have fun killing them! They also said that I shouldn't plan on getting much sleep that night! I hardly ever sleep unless I need to level up :smallsmile:.

Also, if you are a girl, the evil ladies say: "We're not prostitutes"

Glarthir is funny too!

Thats all I can think of for now, I'll be back later with more!

Pyro
2007-11-28, 08:27 AM
Just remembered I should have posted a quote. Well heres an entire page of them.

QOUTEZ (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:M%27aiq_the_Liar)

Alex Kidd
2007-11-28, 10:35 AM
You know, the weird thing about necrophilia elf is that if you follow the right conversation chain, your character knows the punishment for necrophilia off the top of his/her head. Makes you think, doesn't it. :smallamused:

Well he was in gaol at the start of the game....

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-11-28, 11:35 AM
Okay, we've got to stop calling her Necrophilia Elf. Her name's Falanu Hlaalu.

Green Bean
2007-11-28, 11:55 AM
Okay, we've got to stop calling her Necrophilia Elf. Her name's Falanu Hlaalu.

I prefer Necrophilia Elf. Or, if I get her disposition up high enough, Pookie. :smallwink: