PDA

View Full Version : Fun ways to kill the Tarrasque

jojo
2022-01-31, 07:10 PM
As the title says, a few fun ways to kill the Tarrasque...

Everyone is probably familiar with the more common ways to deal with DnD's most "unkillable monster" such as, just cast Gate and laugh while the Tarrasque rips the Abyss a new one... bonus points for doing this as part of a deal with an Archdevil or something similar, obviously. Most people are probably familiar with the "extradimensional grenade" method of putting a bag of holding into a portable hole and teleporting the thing to a random plane. There are of course about a dozen different ways you can make the extradimensional grenade method work with all of them having the drawback of somewhat... "low survivability" (i.e. your DM randomly teleports your unprepared character to the elemental plane of fire in a rage.)

Sphere of Annihilation... etc.

What are some other novel ways that you've all witnessed the Tarrasque hilariously and, easily murdered in 5E? Obviously certain tricks from older editions (like feeding it a cube of force, or Daern's Instant Fortress) don't really work anymore.

My personal favorite has to be via the spell Simulacrum. Long story short, we used Wish to cast Simulacrum on the Tarrasque with one action and, no material components, we then ordered it to fight the "real Tarrasque." Now, this might seem pointless, since neither Tarrasque can hurt the other (their attacks aren't magical and, they're immune to one another's damage) however, we had the Insignia of Claws from Tyranny of Dragons, which requires no attunement and made our Tarrasque's attacks Magical turning it into a hilarious beatdown that left us with our own tame, pet Tarrasque and a very furious DM. Worth noting is that, as we later found out, both Magic Weapon and, Elemental Weapon would have worked perfectly fine for enchanting our Tarrasque per RAW.

Sigreid
2022-01-31, 07:30 PM
Cool as it was, RAW the simulacrum thing wouldn't have worked as it only works on humanoids or bests and the Tarrasque is a gargantuan monstrosity.

How about a giant cataput trap to just yeet it out of there? hehe

Willowhelm
2022-01-31, 07:34 PM
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?629668-How-to-defeat-a-pack-of-7-Tarrasques-played-intelligently

JackPhoenix
2022-01-31, 07:35 PM
Gate doesn't work, as Tarrasque is explicitly too big to fit. The portal is 20' diameter at most, and big T is 50' tall and 70' long. The bag of holding bomb may or may not work, depends on how big the resulting gate is.

Yakmala
2022-01-31, 07:58 PM
Not my original idea, and it takes a while, but True Polymorph into a Clay Golem.

The Clay Golem is immune to non-magical melee attacks, which is pretty much all the Tarrasque has. And if you get swallowed, even better. You're not only immune to acid damage, it heals you.

Melphizard
2022-01-31, 08:05 PM
How to beat a Tarrasque using careful planning

Step 1: Identify Tarrasque's path. Knowing where it shall travel or whether you can lead it is cruical to this plan. Step 2 assumes you have a method of setting up a trap along its path.
Step 2: With a group of wizards or a lot of time, set up as many glyphs of warding as you can, containing spells which require a saving throw and deal damage. Example spell - Cone of Cold. Assuming you use Cone of Cold, it will take about 19 cone of colds to kill a tarrasque on average; but, 38 cones of cold is the best solution to be safe. This requires 76 5th level spell slots to set up.
Step 3: Set the glyphs so they only trigger when an adjacent glyph is triggered and set up the central glyphs to in pattern to trigger when a Tarrasque steps over them.
Step 4: The Tarrasque arrives along its path of destruction, probably chasing after some flying things. As it charges forward, it steps upon a large magical pattern on the group, causing a frigid blizzard of ice that will kill probably Tarrasque.

Preparation is key to fighting Titans such as this....
Otherwise I just advise a Cavalier fighter just facetank it. Cavalier fighters can lock down Tarrasque quite well with their Hold the Line feature and allow the rest of the party to use everything at their disposal to kill the damn thing. Having somebody around to constantly heal and/or increase the AC of the fighter will further improve this method. I have actually experienced such as I played a level 16 Hill Dwarf Cavalier in my party's battle against a Tarrasque. My HP was something like 240 or more and I had drank a potion of invulnerability, allowing me to hold the Tarrasque in place long enough for the two rogues and a paladin/swashbuckler to cut it down a size.

Kane0
2022-01-31, 08:05 PM
I always thought it strange that Big T has no climb nor burrow speed despite frequent depictions emerging from underground hibernation.

So for laughs i'd bury it with Move Earth or sinilar, though you may need to keep it in place while doing so.

Athan Artilliam
2022-01-31, 08:12 PM
In 3.5 just Fell Drain it till you unmake it

Melphizard
2022-01-31, 08:30 PM
Just thought of another method that is the same plan I concocted for killing Klauth.

Class: ≥3 Rune Knight Fighter, X anything else you may want
Race: Duergar

Steps -
1: Enlarge as an action with your racial ability (Medium --> Large)
2: Bonus action to activate Giant Size using your Rune Knight feature: Giant's Might (Large --> Huge)
3: Grapple the Tarrasque.

Let's say you're a level 3 who decided one day to die in style. Using both Enlarge and Giant's Might you grow to the Huge size, the minimum requirement to grapple Gargantuan creatures. Grapple states:
"The target of your grapple must be no more than one size larger than you and must be within your reach. Using at least one free hand, you try to seize the target by making a grapple check instead of an Attack roll: a Strength (Athletics) check contested by the target’s Str⁠ength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check (the target chooses the ability to use)."

Now let's see your odds. At level 3 you can have a maximum of 17 strength as a Duergar, not an amazing start; but, you also can get proficiency with athletics! This means that with your Giant's Might granting you advantage your chances look like so:

Grapple; +5 to Athletics; Advantage; V.s Tarrasque +10 in strength; no advantage.

This isn't great but it's possible it could work. If it rolls a 10 and you roll a 16 or higher, you grapple the Tarrasque and get to bodyslam it. You will then get murdered but it's the thought that counts.

How to always win this grapple contest:
So you want to be able to grapple any Tarrasque always? Let me help you out here with two methods.

Method 1: Divination Wizard
Just cheat. Get a low portent roll one day and have your fighter do an opposed athletics check. You just give the Tarrasque a low roll and your fighter wins 80% of the time as long as they don't roll horribly.

Method 2: 30 Strength Barbarian
Class: 20 Barbarian (any subclass)
Feats: Skill Expert (expertise in Athletics)
Strength Calc: 16 (base) + 2 (ASI) + 2 (ASI) + 2 (Manual of Gainful Exercise) + 4 (Primal Champion) + 4 (Hammer of Thunderbolts) = 30
Magical Items: Hammer of Thunder Bolts, Belt of Giant Strength (any), Gauntlets of Ogre Power

Result: You have now acquired 30 strength, matching the Tarrasque in physical prowess. Your athletics check now looks like this:
Bonus = +22 to Athletics Average: 32 Min roll: 30 (Indomitable Might - if your total for a Strength check is less than your Strength score, you can use that score in place of the total)
Max roll: 52

With Indomitable Might, your lowest possible grapple check is a Tarrasque's highest possible roll. If you roll a crit, you get a 52. In dungeons and dragons, a 30 is considered near-impossible.... and we have 22 over that. Sure we could get our strength higher but you're already godly in your strength and that's food for another thread.

How does this kill a Tarrasque you may ask?
Methods once you have a grappled Tarrasque:

1. Amulet of the Planes - "While wearing this Amulet, you can use an action to name a Location that you are familiar with on another plane of existence. Then make a DC 15 Intelligence check. On a successful check, you cast the Plane Shift spell. On a failure, you and each creature and object within 15 feet of you Travel to a random destination. Roll a d100. On a 1-60, you Travel to a random Location on the plane you named. On a 61-100, you Travel to a randomly determined plane of existence."

Using a tactic I thought of myself, purposely attempt to fail this check. I don't know where you'll end up but the Tarrasque your grappling will be forcibly teleported with you. Eventually you'll find a plane that will kill it.

2. Drowning - Tarrasques aren't amphibious so go find an ocean and proceed to drown the Tarrasque. It will take 11 minutes of dunking the Tarrasque but with your unbreakable grapple, resistances to damage, and insane hp, you just may be able to do it.

This plan is not without flaw; but, it's undeniably going to make you a legend scholars will speak of in the planes for centuries to come.

jojo
2022-01-31, 10:39 PM
Gate doesn't work, as Tarrasque is explicitly too big to fit. The portal is 20' diameter at most, and big T is 50' tall and 70' long. The bag of holding bomb may or may not work, depends on how big the resulting gate is.

The entire creature or object doesn't have to "fit through" the Gate. All that has to happen is for the "plane" of the gate to be "broken" by the creature at which point the entire creature is magically pulled through. I.E. if any part of the Tarrasque, or, anything else breaches the Gate it is transported RAW.

jojo
2022-01-31, 10:45 PM
Cool as it was, RAW the simulacrum thing wouldn't have worked as it only works on humanoids or bests and the Tarrasque is a gargantuan monstrosity.

How about a giant cataput trap to just yeet it out of there? hehe

RAW it still works, you just "risk losing the ability to cast Wish" when you go "outside the parameters of duplicating an 8th level or, lower spell" hence, the importance of a Ring of Wish, the ring, not the caster loses the ability. Thus, RAW you can simultaneously Wish to duplicate Simulacrum and, to have the spell effect a monstrosity which, is what our party's fighter did in this case. Since Rings of 3 Wishes always have 3 Wishes, you can use them to do otherwise risky crap because the Ring itself can't lose the ability.

jojo
2022-01-31, 10:47 PM
RAW it still works, you just "risk losing the ability to cast Wish" when you go "outside the parameters of duplicating an 8th level or, lower spell" hence, the importance of a Ring of Wish, the ring, not the caster loses the ability. Thus, RAW you can simultaneously Wish to duplicate Simulacrum and, to have the spell effect a monstrosity which, is what our party's fighter did in this case. Since Rings of 3 Wishes always have 3 Wishes, you can use them to do otherwise risky crap because the Ring itself can't lose the ability.

Alternately you can use the infinite clone army to just create duplicates of yourself and have those duplicates risk losing Wish to eventually get it right with enough preparation... to be fair, we didn't realize there was a 66% chance of failure based on how we did it in the moment but, it worked and, given enough preparation it WILL ALWAYS work.

PattThe
2022-01-31, 10:52 PM
Stats aside, if you cast reverse gravity and maintained concentration for long enough, what kind of fall would it take to- say- stun a tarrasque? By your flavor perspectives.
I thought of using a long pitfall or the like and now I'm imagining a roaring Tarrasque entering the atmosphere.

jojo
2022-01-31, 11:16 PM
Stats aside, if you cast reverse gravity and maintained concentration for long enough, what kind of fall would it take to- say- stun a tarrasque? By your flavor perspectives.
I thought of using a long pitfall or the like and now I'm imagining a roaring Tarrasque entering the atmosphere.

Doesn't work. Falling damage is "bludgeoning" and, the Tarrasque is immune to non-magical bludgeoning damage.

Sigreid
2022-01-31, 11:39 PM
Doesn't work. Falling damage is "bludgeoning" and, the Tarrasque is immune to non-magical bludgeoning damage.

Those immunities usually say weapon damage and WoTC clarified that falling damage isn't weapon damage.

jojo
2022-01-31, 11:46 PM
Those immunities usually say weapon damage and WoTC clarified that falling damage isn't weapon damage.

Technically they say "from attacks" which is much different than "from weapons."

Psyren
2022-02-01, 12:41 AM
Maze works well on it - no save so its LR and magic resistances don't help, and Int 3 means it's not getting out until the spell ends.

Lure it near a means of disposing of it (say, a vat or pit of acid with a platform on top.) Maze it, then occupy the space it left + every nearby unoccupied space so it reappears on the platform when the spell ends. Ready an action to destroy the platform when it appears.

This can also work with the Move Earth/cave-in idea above, provided you collapse everything except the space it left from.

stoutstien
2022-02-01, 05:12 AM
200 gold worth of caltrops and ballbearings.

JackPhoenix
2022-02-01, 06:09 AM
The entire creature or object doesn't have to "fit through" the Gate. All that has to happen is for the "plane" of the gate to be "broken" by the creature at which point the entire creature is magically pulled through. I.E. if any part of the Tarrasque, or, anything else breaches the Gate it is transported RAW.

[citation needed]

Gatesays you have to move through its front side. Nothing about "breaking the plane of the gate" or "magically pulling through".

Mastikator
2022-02-01, 06:54 AM
Technically they say "from attacks" which is much different than "from weapons."

Falling isn't an attack either so it's not immune.

Pildion
2022-02-01, 08:30 AM
I would have the casters use up its Legendary Resistance's with Banishment\Polymorph. Then after they are gone have my Divination Wizard hand the DM a low portent score dice with his planeshift to the elemental plane of water. The Tarrasque can't breath under water.... =D

Lord Vukodlak
2022-02-01, 01:52 PM
On the subject of Tarrasques here's a draft of my attempt to improve it.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6139/K86GER.png

Sigreid
2022-02-01, 02:09 PM
Personally, I wouldn't use the Tarrasque as kind of a boss monster. If I'm DM and it gets rolled out, it'll be clear from the vary beginning that it's a campaign reset button for a world that I feel has become too tied down and bound by its own lore. The objective becomes not to kill the creature, but try to distract it long enough for small groups of people to retreat and hide. Basically, he'd be my nuclear holocaust with the campaign picking up a thousand years or more later in the ruins of all that was.

JNAProductions
2022-02-01, 03:02 PM
Big T ain't that threatening to a reasonably high-level party, by default. You can upgrade (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?542991-Big-T-Revised) it... But we won't do that for this post.

Let's take a standard group-Fighter, Rogue, Wizard, Cleric, all level 20. The Fighter is a Greatweapon Fighter, and so has 8 Dexterity. The Rogue has 20 Dexterity. The Wizard has 16 Dexterity, and the Cleric 20 Wisdom.

The Rogue has a Shortbow that counts as magical, as does the Wizard. The Fighter has a Longbow that counts as magical. The Cleric has Sacred Flame. The Wizard knows Fly.

They have one hour to kill Big T-because that's how long the Wizard can maintain Fly on all of them using all their 6th or higher slots. (Two 6th, two 7th, one 8th, one 9th.)
They hover about 60' above their victim, meaning the Tarrasque (with a 13' high jump) needs a reach of 47' to target them. Its longest reach is its tail, so even if that's on its head, the 20' of reach isn't enough. So they just need to do enough damage to kill it!

Reminder: Target AC is 25, HP is 676.

Fighter
+5 to-hit, 1d8-1 (3.5) damage per hit, 2d8-1 (8) damage per crit, four attacks per round.
Hits and crits on a 20 only, for an average of .4 damage per turn.

Rogue
+11 to-hit, 1d6+5 (8.5) damage per hit, 2d6+5 (12) damage per crit, one attack per round.
Hits on a 14+, crits on a 20, for an average of 3.15 damage per turn.

Wizard
+9 to-hit, 1d6+3 (6.5) damage per hit, 2d6+3 (10) damage per crit, one attack per round.
Hits on a 16+, crits on a 20, for an average of 1.8 damage per turn.

Cleric
DC 19 Dex save, made with advantage, to deal 4d8 (18) damage per failed save, one attack per round.
Fails on an 18- with advantage, no crits, for 14.58 damage per turn.

Total
Fighter does .4, Rogue does 3.15, Wizard does 1.8, and Cleric does a whopping 14.58, totaling to 19.93 DPR. Honestly? We can probably ignore everything but the Cleric here.

So, Cleric gets Fly from the Wizard. They move over Big T (one minute). They spend a little under five minutes blasting it with Sacred Flame. Big T dies.

But, what if Big T tries running? The Cleric has a 60' fly speed, while Big T can move 80' with a Dash and then another 20' as a Legendary Action! First off, that means that one person, using cantrips and a 3rd level spell from a buddy (or one of numerous magic items or other abilities) has spanked Big T so bad that they're running like a chump. And second off? We can cut the damage in HALF, by spending every other turn Dashing to keep up, and we still kill Big T with this Cleric in a little over nine minutes. We might need a second casting of Fly, sure... But that's fifteen minutes and two 3rd level slots to kill it.

Let's add a really basic upgrade-Potent Spellcasting! Cleric now adds +5 to their damage, increasing it to 18.63 DPR, dropping the time needed to kill Big T to a little over three and a half minutes. A little over seven minutes if they spend every other turn dashing.

But that's chump change. Let's go HAM!

Elven Champion Fighter 20
Armed with an Oathbow and a small stockpile of +3 arrows. Feats are Sharpshooter, Martial Adept (Precision Attack), and Elven Accuracy, Dexterity is 20, Fighting Style is Archery and Superior Technique (Any Maneuver that adds damage on a hit).

Each shot is at +16 to-hit (+11 with Sharpshooter), with tri-advantage, critting on an 18+, hitting on a 9+ (14+ with Sharpshooter), dealing 1d8+3d6+8 (23) damage, +10 more if Sharpshooter is on, not quite doubled to 2d8+6d6+8 (38) damage, +10 more if Sharpshooter is on, on a crit.

Without Sharpshooter, we have the following odds: 55.01% chance of hitting, 38.59% chance of critting.
With Sharpshooter, we have the following odds: 33.95% chance of hitting, 38.59% chance of critting.

We're better off turning a miss into a hit with our two d6 Superiority dice, but if they all hit (not impossible, but unlikely) we can just add them to damage.

Without Sharpshooter on, we deal 12.65+14.66=27.31 damage per attack. Needs 25 attacks to kill Big T.
With Sharpshooter on, we deal 11.20+18.52=29.72 damage per attack. Needs 23 attacks to kill Big T.

As a level 20 Fighter, we make four attacks per action, and have two Action Surges to make eight attacks per turn in the first two rounds. Or, put another way... We can kill Big T in four turns. In that time, the Fighter makes up to 24 attacks.

FabulousFizban
2022-02-01, 03:24 PM
Step One) Dig a really big hole
Step Two) Place a really big rug over it

Bohandas
2022-02-01, 03:38 PM
via Diplomancy, like in the original legend

nickl_2000
2022-02-01, 03:46 PM
Kill them with kindness. Hit them with so much healing that they overheal and burst from positive energy. Sure it isn't possible in 5e, but it's worth a try anyways since there are no saves from healing

Kane0
2022-02-01, 04:02 PM
Step One) Dig a really big hole
Step Two) Place a really big rug over it

So cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel!

PattThe
2022-02-04, 05:43 AM
So legendary resistance aside it seems reverse gravity on the surface wins.
I mean, what's the math on holding max concentration?

JackPhoenix
2022-02-04, 05:51 AM
So legendary resistance aside it seems reverse gravity on the surface wins.
I mean, what's the math on holding max concentration?

10d6 damage isn't gonna impress the Tarrasque and its 670 hp much.

MeimuHakurei
2022-02-04, 06:48 AM
Plant Growth + Spike Growth layered together by a Wildfire Druid. The Tarrasque is not immune to difficult terrain and Plant Growth is a seperate mechanic, meaning that the two stack. Additionally, add an Artificer with Sharpshooter and Slasher who throws a Returning Handaxe. Now the Tarrasque has to dash every turn just to get 5 feet closer, takes some Spike Growth damage in the mean time and the Arty can just use the Wildfire Spirit to keep distance if needed. The legendary move actions do not allow the Tarrasque to get any closer. Since the Plant Growth area is instantaneous and massive in size, that's a lot of rounds before T gets anywhere. And the Druid can just recast Spike Growth every so often.

kingcheesepants
2022-02-04, 07:44 AM
Cleric
DC 19 Dex save, made with advantage, to deal 4d8 (18) damage per failed save, one attack per round.
Fails on an 18- with advantage, no crits, for 14.58 damage per turn.

Total
Fighter does .4, Rogue does 3.15, Wizard does 1.8, and Cleric does a whopping 14.58, totaling to 19.93 DPR. Honestly? We can probably ignore everything but the Cleric here.

So, Cleric gets Fly from the Wizard. They move over Big T (one minute). They spend a little under five minutes blasting it with Sacred Flame. Big T dies.

But, what if Big T tries running? The Cleric has a 60' fly speed, while Big T can move 80' with a Dash and then another 20' as a Legendary Action! First off, that means that one person, using cantrips and a 3rd level spell from a buddy (or one of numerous magic items or other abilities) has spanked Big T so bad that they're running like a chump. And second off? We can cut the damage in HALF, by spending every other turn Dashing to keep up, and we still kill Big T with this Cleric in a little over nine minutes. We might need a second casting of Fly, sure... But that's fifteen minutes and two 3rd level slots to kill it.

I think this is the best option when you realize that you don't even need to be a level 20 cleric or have access to 3rd level spells to do it. A level 1 Aaracockra cleric can fly outside of the tarrasques reach and just hit it with a simple DC 13 1d8 sacred flame until it dies. The tarrasque has magic resistance but no other bonus to dex saves. With no ranged attacks and no movement options aside from dashing away (which an aaracockra can still catch up pretty easily) it's trivial to kite the thing until it dies. Sure 1d8 per round against a creature with magic resistance means it'll take forever but it isn't like the tarrasque has regeneration anymore so it doesn't really matter if it takes all day or not.

JackPhoenix
2022-02-04, 06:04 PM
Plant Growth + Spike Growth layered together by a Wildfire Druid. The Tarrasque is not immune to difficult terrain and Plant Growth is a seperate mechanic, meaning that the two stack. Additionally, add an Artificer with Sharpshooter and Slasher who throws a Returning Handaxe. Now the Tarrasque has to dash every turn just to get 5 feet closer, takes some Spike Growth damage in the mean time and the Arty can just use the Wildfire Spirit to keep distance if needed. The legendary move actions do not allow the Tarrasque to get any closer. Since the Plant Growth area is instantaneous and massive in size, that's a lot of rounds before T gets anywhere. And the Druid can just recast Spike Growth every so often.

Until the Tarrasque figures out it can make 15' standing jumps (well, more like tiny hops compared to its size) instead of trying to run through the area, ignoring what's on the ground. Granted, it's no genius, but even animals figured out jumping helps with obstacles.

PattThe
2022-02-05, 02:10 AM
10d6 damage isn't gonna impress the Tarrasque and its 670 hp much.

Right, terminal velocity.
Now I'm actually interested in seeing a tarrqasque tank re-entry fire damage and how long it'd take to break through the atmosphere at different angles for an object of its size..

Khrysaes
2022-02-05, 07:01 AM
We were told to make level 20 characters, with 1 Legendary Item, in addition to the "20,000 gp plus 1d10 × 250 gp, three uncommon magic items, two rare items, one very rare item, normal starting equipment" from the high magic tier 4 from the DMG.

I knew I would be fighting the tarrasque. However, I didn't plan most of the interactions below other than shapechanging into a marilith and taking a potion(I took it for damage, not the size). Making the character, I just wanted to turn into a marilith and smite a lot.

In retrospect, I am sure there were some rules we didn't correctly follow.

I took my 1 Hexblade Warlock, 2 Paladin, 17 Wizard

I chose a belt of storm giant's strength(Legendary)Attune, Potion of Growth (uncommon), +2 Studded leather armor( very Rare), Ring of Protection (Rare) Attune, Cloak of Protection (uncommon)Attune. I don't remember the last two. I think I had a +2 weapon.

I had Warcaster and Resilient Con as feats. 20 Int.

I think I chose defense fighting style.

Before:

Round 1, Shapechange (9th level spell) into Marilith. Bladesing

Round 2. Then Drink a potion of Growth (Uncommon). Cast Hexblade's Curse on Terrasque.

Round 3: Beat the tarrasque.

1: Tarrasque's weapons aren't magical. Marilith's are resistant to non magical PBS.
2: Marilith weapons are magical.
3: Mariliths get 7 attacks per action.
4: Hexblade Curse adds proficiency to damage (+6), and increases criticals to 19-20
5: Lots of spell slots to smite, since I wasn't casting many spells other than shield.
6: Mariliths are reactive(one reaction every TURN), warcaster let me cast booming blade as a reaction. Parry parry adds 5 AC on top of the Shield spell.
7: My DM Let me use the bladesinger extra attack cantrip for booming blade as one of the attacks in the marilith's 7.
8: My AC was 13 + 5(dex), +2(magic armor) +2 of Protection, +5 Intelligence(bladesinging), +5 shield spell, +5 parry. 37 for 1 hit, 32 for the rest?
9: My concentration save was +5(int), +5(Con), +6 (proficiency), +2 of Protection.
10: The Tarrasque can do at most 100 damage on a hit, a crit with horns. Half that because of resistance, then half that to keep Concentration(DC = half the damage), DC = 25. I had a +18 with an advantage (Warcaster). And that is MAX damage. The max DC of the claws was 22, the max DC of the tail was 17, auto passed.
11: Because of the potion of growth, I was HUGE, which means I couldn't be swallowed.
12: I am sure there are a lot of other things I did or could have done.

JackPhoenix
2022-02-05, 08:17 AM
Right, terminal velocity.
Now I'm actually interested in seeing a tarrqasque tank re-entry fire damage and how long it'd take to break through the atmosphere at different angles for an object of its size..

It's not even maximum possible falling damage in D&D (that's 20d6), the 100' height of Reverse Gravity's cylinder just isn't enough for that.

Damon_Tor
2022-02-05, 02:54 PM
Hextuple Psychic Piledriver https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?624030-The-Hextuple-Psychic-Piledriver-Or-how-to-wield-THE-PLANET-as-a-20d6-weapon&highlight=Suplex

Get two additional spellcasters, one to cast Enlarge on you and another to cast Reduce on the terrasque. Now that he's huge and you're large, you can one-turn KO him by hitting him six times with the planet.

Sigreid
2022-02-05, 03:21 PM
Just had what I thought was a funny thought about the invulnerability discussion earlier.

Throw moon at Tarrasque: The moon is an improvised non-magic weapon. No damage.
Throw Tarrasque at the moon: Moon is not an improvised weapon. Damage.

PattThe
2022-02-06, 07:13 PM
It's not even maximum possible falling damage in D&D (that's 20d6), the 100' height of Reverse Gravity's cylinder just isn't enough for that.

So levitate and enough kinetic force to move a massive object is more likely? :P Max concentration and throwing the beast up kinetically with, say, upward directed terminal velocity. And then we have it fall on some spikes. A quick-time held action grave cleric popping vulnerability on the 20d6 onto spikes?

paladinn
2022-02-06, 08:14 PM
Calling People for the Ethical Treatment of Monsters. You're all in trouble.

Sigreid
2022-02-06, 11:15 PM
Calling People for the Ethical Treatment of Monsters. You're all in trouble.

I love all monsters. Especially with bbq sauce!