PDA

View Full Version : Deal with a Demon

Demons_eye
2007-11-21, 10:35 PM
Deal with a Demon [Epic Feat]
You gain the power of a demon for a short time.
Prerequisites: Knowledge (Religion) 10 ranks, Knowledge (History) 10 ranks, Evil Brand, A Demon Willing to make the Pact
Benefit: You gain the power of a demon after making a "deal" with a demon in which you seal the demon in the form of a tattoo on your body. After letting the demon out, your body grows to twice your normal size and your skin becomes red. Although this will differ depending on the demon you make the pact with, it is only a cosmetic change. While in this form, your stats double for a number of rounds equal to 2x your charisma bonus. When you revert to your normal form, there is always a chance that you could lose your soul, requiring a will saving throw with a DC equal to 20 + the number of rounds you were transformed. A soul that has been lost in this way requires a wish or miracle spell to return. After the soul has returned, the tattoo is destroyed.

TheLogman
2007-11-21, 10:37 PM
Shouldn't this be a Vile feat, requiring the Dark Mark feat? Seem like it from a Fluff and Crunch standpoint.

Also, this would be awesome for a BBEG. NOW YOU SEE MY TRUE FORM!!! And then he gets twice as powerful, and the players are all like "Oh Noes!". Very nice for a villain.

Demons_eye
2007-11-21, 10:39 PM
am still not good at this
thanks is that all? (I know it needs more work then that)

TheLogman
2007-11-21, 10:49 PM
Sorry about that, it is not Dark Mark, it is Evil Brand. That'll teach me for posting before searching.
Also, when dealing with Demons, Angels, Undead, ect., you usually use Knowledge Religion as apposed to Arcana.
As for the feat itself, it seems quite powerful, but with dire consequences. I would almost make it an Epic feat, or tone if down, but I have no clue of how to do that, you should probably wait for someone else on that front.

Nebo_
2007-11-21, 10:55 PM
Ouch, reading that made my eyes bleed. Fix the spelling and grammar please.

Demons_eye
2007-11-21, 11:16 PM
Sorry best as it will be. I dont have "firefox" or what ever

Xefas
2007-11-21, 11:17 PM
Ouch, reading that made my eyes bleed. Fix the spelling and grammar please.

No need! I have already done so, if only because I like the feat and believe it would get more attention if it were fixed.

Although, no DC for the save was listed, so I just threw in one I thought was appropriate.

Deal with a Demon [Epic Feat]
Prerequisites: Knowledge (Religion) 10 ranks, Knowledge (History) 10 ranks, Evil Brand, A Demon Willing to make the Pact
Benefit: You gain the power of a demon after making a "deal" with a demon in which you seal the demon in the form of a tattoo on your body. After letting the demon out, your body grows to twice your normal size and your skin becomes red. Although this will differ depending on the demon you make the pact with, it is only a cosmetic change. While in this form, your stats double for a number of rounds equal to 2x your charisma bonus. When you revert to your normal form, there is always a chance that you could lose your soul, requiring a will saving throw with a DC equal to 20 + the number of rounds you were transformed. A soul that has been lost in this way requires a wish or miracle spell to return. After the soul has returned, the tattoo is destroyed.

Demons_eye
2007-11-21, 11:19 PM
yaya thanks man.

TheLogman
2007-11-21, 11:21 PM
Remember it's a [Vile] feat (All feats involving the Evil Brand usually are, and this one would make sense as one) as well, and you're good to go!

Also, this feat is awesome for an Epic baddie.

Mr.Bookworm
2007-11-21, 11:48 PM
Deal With A Demon [Epic, Vile]

Prerequisites– Non-demon, Knowledge (Religion or Arcana) 10 ranks, Knowledge (History) 10 ranks, Evil Brand, a demon of 15 HD or more offering the deal

Benefit– You gain the power of a demon. After making a "deal" with a demon in which you voluntarily seal part of the demon's power in the form of a tattoo on your body, and you voluntarily give the demon a gem worth no less than 100 gp smeared with a drop of your blood. This tattoo is always demonic in nature, containing alien runes, and other demonic symbols and drawings. As a free action, you may activate this tattoo. This is a supernatural ability. When you activate the tattoo, you double in size, increasing your size category by one step. You also cosmetic changes reflecting the demon you made the deal with, such as red skin and horns. This is purely a cosmetic change.

While in this form, you gain +10 to Strength, +2 to Dexterity, +10 to Constitution, +6 to Intelligence, +8 to Wisdom, and +4 Charisma bonuses. In addition, you are restored to full health, and gain 10 temporary hit points for every Hit Dice the demon you made the deal with has over 15. In addition, you gain the the ability to use any of the demon's spell-like abilities, as if you were the demon. You may use this form for 1 round plus twice your natural Charisma bonus. You may end this ability at any time as a free action.

You may use this ability once per month without incurring any penalties. You may also use this ability more than once per month, but for every time you use this ability past the first time, the Will save DC to resist demonic capture increases by 5.

Every time you revert back to your normal form, you must make a Will save to resist demonic capture. The DC of the Will save is 15 plus the demon's Charisma bonus. If you succeed on the save, you are shaken for one round. If you fail the save, you are instantly slain, and your soul is trapped in the gem you gave the demon during the deal.

The only way to restore someone who has been demonically captured is to kill the demon who made the deal, and destroy the gem by using a Wish or Miracle spell. If the gem is destroyed in any other way, the soul is lost forever. Once you have destroyed the gem, the person can be brought back to life normally.

---

That good?

And I was a bit... free with it.

I'm thinking about making my own feat called Faustian Pact, for devils.

Demons_eye
2007-11-21, 11:50 PM
cool thats more like it. I was never the one for the tech. speak myself.