PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Initiator Levels and Martial Study

Vault756
2022-02-06, 12:15 AM
I vaguely recall something about using Martial Study to detect another player/NPCs Initiator level but I can't seem to find it now that I'm looking. It was something about characters having a certain aura based on their Initiator Level. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please hmu. I could swear this was something you could do with Martial Study but can not for the life of me find and it's making me think I'm crazy.

Particle_Man
2022-02-06, 12:27 AM
Do you mean the skill martial lore? This doesn’t tell you a creature’s initiator level but could help you identify a maneuver being used (which, once you know the maneuver level, would at least let you calculate the minimum initiator level needed to use that maneuver). Separately you could identify all disciplines known by a creature, which might tell you what class you are facing or whether you are facing a master of nine prestige class.

loky1109
2022-02-06, 12:32 AM
MARTIAL LORE (INT; TRAINED ONLY)

DC
Task

20 + target’s initiator level
Determine all disciplines known
by a particular creature by
watching it initiate at least one
maneuver. No action required.
Retry only if the subject initiates
another maneuver.

If you know DC you know IL.

Particle_Man
2022-02-06, 08:42 PM
I guess it depends whether your dm likes to hide the ball or not. Although you could make guesses if you are the one rolling the die, based on whether you get info or not.