PDA

View Full Version : The Venture Bros.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-22, 12:20 AM
Why is it that everywhere I go I'm waylaid by jackassery?

hanzo66
2007-11-22, 05:18 AM
It's a cool show...

Rusty in particular is awesome for his continued frustration of everything around him as well as having command of a one-man army (scratch that, one-man Military Force).

RandomLogic
2007-11-22, 11:38 AM
I haven't watched it in a while, but a friend had both seasons so I watched it when I had the chance. Effin awesome.

Also they have been signed for both a 3rd and 4th season, but its unseen as to when those will air or if they have even been produced yet.

hamstard4ever
2007-11-22, 11:48 AM
Also they have been signed for both a 3rd and 4th season, but its unseen as to when those will air or if they have even been produced yet.

It's not exactly unseen. I refer you to jacksonpublick.livejournal.com, the creator's blog.

Matthew
2007-11-22, 11:54 AM
It's a really great show. One of very few that I watch on Adult Swim. The others being Afro Samurai and Metalocolpyse.

RandomLogic
2007-11-22, 09:43 PM
It's not exactly unseen. I refer you to jacksonpublick.livejournal.com, the creator's blog.

Oh cool. Yeah I watched the previous seasons a while ago and heard the news but never kept up with it.

Glad to know its not far around the corner.

Otto-Sieve
2007-11-22, 11:27 PM
One of the best cartoons.

FoE
2007-11-22, 11:56 PM
****. I can't believe we gotta wait 'til June to see it.

"And you're a tool, boy, A TOOL! Built by the United States of Shut Your Third Goddam Eye For A F***ing Reason! You can't teach a hammer to love nails, son ... THAT DOG WON'T HUNT!"

"What the ... are you raping me?"
"No .... I was gonna, though..."
"GONNA?!"

"You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!"

"It was like two ninjas taped together!"

You know, Jackson and Doc have stated they hate Hank and Dean, but I don't think it would have been as a good a show if they hadn't been around. Granted, the stars of the show are Dr. Venture and the Monarch, but ...

horseboy
2007-11-23, 12:26 AM
I like Dr. Orpheus. It's good to see Kids In The Hall getting work.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-23, 12:47 AM
What member of KitH voices Dr. O?

bosssmiley
2007-11-24, 10:51 AM
It's a really great show. One of very few that I watch on Adult Swim. The others being Afro Samurai and Metalocolpyse.

QFT.

I actually preferred the first series of "Venture Bros", when they were still pastiching action-adventure genre tropes. The whole Monarch-Dr. Girlfriend arc that ended up dominating the second series I found a bit *meh*.

Best thing in season two: Dr Byron Orpheus, a man with no conversational middle gear. :smallcool:

What member of KitH voices Dr. O?

Voicechasers.com (http://www.voicechasers.com/database/showprod.php?prodid=840) knows.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-24, 11:28 AM
QFT.

I actually preferred the first series of "Venture Bros", when they were still pastiching action-adventure genre tropes. The whole Monarch-Dr. Girlfriend arc that ended up dominating the second series I found a bit *meh*.

Best thing in season two: Dr Byron Orpheus, a man with no conversational middle gear. :smallcool:

Voicechasers.com (http://www.voicechasers.com/database/showprod.php?prodid=840) knows.

Checked.. Steve Ratazzi, aka Byron Orpheus, is not one of the kids in the hall. Maybe somebody mistakenly thought it was Kevin McDonald?

ChomZ
2007-11-24, 11:38 AM
"I'm the bat"

"oooh! Tiger Bomb"

"Tonight, we dine in Heck"

that show is the child of awesome and comical

Glawackus
2007-11-24, 12:09 PM
The Venture Brothers is hilarity itself, somehow broadcast over television signals.

Top three quotes:

3) "Careful, boys." *points to the X-1's glowing green engines* "Cancer."

2) The "Space Oddity" sequence from "Ghosts of the Sargasso".

1) "It craves...purity. It devours...purity. It seems to be...what the hell is this thing made out of?"
"Nothing."
"Come on..."
"Alright, fine, I might have used a few unorthodox parts."
"Just tell me one!"
"An...orphan."
"A what?"
"An orphan."
"Did you say...an orphan?!"
"Yeah, a little...orphan boy."
"It's powered by a forsaken child?!?"
"Might be...kind of...I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!"

TheOtherMC
2007-11-24, 02:34 PM
"IGNORE ME!!!" :smallbiggrin:

ocato
2007-11-24, 03:11 PM
Doc: What a strange dream
Alien: THAT WAS A WEIRD ONE
Doc: Oh great, it can read my min-
Alien: IGNORE ME
Alien: ...YES, I CAN

Monarch: Who's idea was this?
Henchman: Well, uh... actually it was Speedy's idea.
Monarch: Oh great idea speedy, wh... wait, where is speedy?
Henchman: Well uh, Brock Sampson got ahold of him and...
Monarch: Brock Sampson? Oh... Oh geez. I... I don't need to hear the rest. But that's just my point, now Sampson is gonna come here and go totally sickhouse on our asses. I like my ass, gentlemen.

Brock: I can't believe you.
Doc: What? I once saw you tear a man's eyes out, and then dance him like a marionette with his own optic nerves.
Brock: Yeah, but I didn't break his heart.
Doc: You don't know that.

Cyrano
2007-11-24, 03:17 PM
*something along the lines of "We regret to inform you we have commandeered your kidney"*
Doc: Damnit! Not again!

Rutee
2007-11-24, 04:56 PM
My favorite sets of lines.. let's see here.

Hank: "He started it."
Rusty: "No, I started 16 years ago in a moment of passion, and so help me if you keep this up I'll end it right here the same way in front of Brock, hELPer, and God!"

Rusty: "I want a second opinion. Oh wait, I'm a doctor, I can give myself one; You suck, and I'm leaving."

And.. pretty much everything that comes out of Dr. O's mouth. He's a living embodiment of What do You Mean It's not Awesome? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhatDoYouMeanItsNotAwesome). He HAD TACO BELL FOR LUNCH.

Jerthanis
2007-11-24, 05:20 PM
Venture Brothers is okay, but I kind of feel like the show has about a 70%-30% ratio of physical, fart humor and clever, intelligent jokes. While I only laugh at maybe 40% of the show, I do end up laughing a lot in each episode.

So yeah, it's an okay show.