PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Kickstarter? Any chance for an update?

monsterholiday
2022-02-07, 07:28 PM
Been waiting for years (and years) for the books and a crayon. Tried DMs. Offered to pay for postage again (given it's increased).

Don't understand why even the books haven't been sent out. Was a lot of money to support an artist I admired.

It wouldn't take long to write an update on the kickstarter page - it's been over a year since the last update.

2.5 cats
2022-02-09, 10:58 PM
Looking at the Kickstarter updates, according to a "workometer" posted in 2018 (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive/posts/2288387), the only things not complete were some "patience" drawings and some new story .pdfs. The books should have gone out many ago--I recall getting mine a few months after the campaign wrapped.

monsterholiday
2022-02-09, 11:36 PM
Thanks - my crayon wasn't a 'patience' one, and no explanation re: the books etc. I know there were some significant issues, but it's been a really long time...

King of Nowhere
2022-02-16, 06:21 PM
perhaps it was a mistake, or maybe the package got lost, because - as 2.5 cats said - the crayons have gone out many years ago

monsterholiday
2022-02-20, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the reply - actually the last 'workometer' (from September 2018!) has the last cell shaded re: the crayons, meaning not all had been completed at that stage.

I don't think my pledge was missed, I've DM'd serval times offering to pay postage again etc (still no books too). But no reply.

Ron Miel
2022-02-21, 03:04 PM
... the only things not complete were some "patience" drawings and some new story .pdfs.

That's quite a large only. Four complete stories. Plus the mystery prize, whatever that is.

King of Nowhere
2022-02-23, 12:55 PM
I now see that rich mentioned he was working on the cppd story and he was planning on releasing it in the end of the year. 2018.
yes, a new update would be nice indeed.

Finagle
2022-03-07, 07:59 PM
He obviously regretted selling the custom stories. He didn't realize the kickstarter was going to be a million-dollar winner. One of them, Belkar, contradicted what he said (in that sidebar that disappeared long ago) about Belkar, which was that his player showed up with zero backstory and just played a murderhobo. The CPPD story has been on the back burner for almost a decade and he has pleaded to refund the money to the person who ordered it. I wouldn't hold my breath. If he had wanted to draw it, it would have been drawn by now. My guess is shipping error or you moved and forgot to update your address in the years between backing the kickstarter and the crayons going out. Probably there aren't any more crayons and you might get a refund, but it would be better to ask through the fulfillment email address rather than DM to the author on this forum. I doubt it's his job to worry about shipping.

Peelee
2022-03-07, 08:23 PM
The CPPD story has been on the back burner for almost a decade and he has pleaded to refund the money to the person who ordered it.

Source? Because I'm fairly sure that it is remarkably easy to refund someone if one wishes.

littlebum2002
2022-03-09, 11:07 AM
Source? Because I'm fairly sure that it is remarkably easy to refund someone if one wishes.

I haven't heard of this situation, but I can see an author not wanting to cancel a project that he promised to his supporters unless the person who paid for it agrees to the cancellation.

Precure
2022-03-09, 11:49 AM
Been waiting for years (and years) for the books and a crayon. Tried DMs. Offered to pay for postage again (given it's increased).

Don't understand why even the books haven't been sent out. Was a lot of money to support an artist I admired.

It wouldn't take long to write an update on the kickstarter page - it's been over a year since the last update.

There is been too much stuff since then, from Rich's illness to what happened to his thumb, and not to mention whole Corona debacle. I think we should be more patient as his main focus right now is finishing CPPD story before worrying about delivering crayons.

King of Nowhere
2022-03-10, 04:44 AM
One of them, Belkar, contradicted what he said (in that sidebar that disappeared long ago) about Belkar, which was that his player showed up with zero backstory and just played a murderhobo.

No contradiction.
One can start with a murderhobo with no backstory, and then pick up complexity later

littlebum2002
2022-03-10, 09:35 AM
No contradiction.
One can start with a murderhobo with no backstory, and then pick up complexity later

And the backstory from Belkar didn't add any complexity to his character, anyway. It's still him just being a murderhobo.

Ruck
2022-03-10, 04:29 PM
What "player"?

Kish
2022-03-10, 04:58 PM
Indeed, "he never said that" is a better point than "the story doesn't contradict this thing he didn't actually say."

Roland St. Jude
2022-03-10, 05:03 PM
Sheriff: Rich can post in a closed thread, if he wants, but otherwise, no one here, even the forum staff, can really answer this question.