PDA

View Full Version : Faceless background

Entessa
2022-02-08, 03:56 AM
Hello, my next character is going to have a faceless background. Our sessions are being done in discord now.

I have to wonder: does anyone use any program to alter voices in Discord? It would be cool if I disconnected and logged with another account and another voice whenever I played my alt persona. And at least I would confuse my party members.

If I just told my DM "I use my tools", I'm pretty sure my companions would realize what's going on or at least would suspect something. Or they would metagame and ask straight to the DM.

Burley
2022-02-08, 07:33 AM
I'm sure there are such things and its an interesting idea that you and your DM could work out together. But, honestly, doing that just to confuse your party members (your friends) is going to be annoying for them. They all joined to play a game together, but you're playing a second game with ARG elements that they don't know about. It'll be confusing and frustrating and will slow things down a lot, especially if its a new game.

Wait until you've been playing for a while together and, with the DMs permission and guidance so it makes sense with their narrative, explore it.

Unoriginal
2022-02-08, 09:04 AM
Hello, my next character is going to have a faceless background. Our sessions are being done in discord now.

I have to wonder: does anyone use any program to alter voices in Discord? It would be cool if I disconnected and logged with another account and another voice whenever I played my alt persona. And at least I would confuse my party members.

If I just told my DM "I use my tools", I'm pretty sure my companions would realize what's going on or at least would suspect something. Or they would metagame and ask straight to the DM.

I'm pretty sure your fellow players will almost immediately realize it's you, based on the fact only a terrible DM would invite a random stranger to play with the group without warning the group and also on how your 'normal' account would disconnect when the other show up.

Might be worth a laugh after a few seconds when they realize what you've done, but if you want them to not metagame or suspect anything, then it's not the way.