PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next time monk thingy

oogaboogagoblin
2022-02-08, 02:05 PM
3rd lvl
Using as a free action you can make it so you either take 2 actions on this turn but have no actions on your next turn or have it so you have no actions on this turn but 2 actions on your next turn

Using 1 ki As a reaction you can do the same to another creature with 30 ft, if they are unwilling they need to make a wisdom saving throw

Also long and short rests take half the time

6th lvl
You can cast haste,hold person, and slow using 3 ki points

Using 1 ki point you can cast misty step as you stop time momentarily and then run in a direction (can't go through walls)

You can stop projectiles using 2 ki points, turning them into objects. As a reaction while a projectile is being fired within 60 feet of you, you can freeze it in place. It doesn't fall but it can be touched and moved, you can choose to let the projectile move at any point as a reaction and it fires in whatever direction its pointing, it also wears off after an hour and fires. You can have up to 5 projectiles stopped at a time.

11th lvl
spend 1 ki point to take no damage from an attack. Do this with as many attacks as you want. After 1 minute, or earlier if you choose, you take all the damage at once
Using 4 ki you can rewind time in a body part allowing you to roll hit dice

17th lvl
You can use stop time for 10 ki points

For 10 ki you can make a bubble of stopped time in a 20 by 20 feet area within 60 feet of you, any moving object that goes into it stops (like in the 6th lvl ability) and any creature gets hold person cast on them and they have disadvantage. This ability requires concentration.

GalacticAxekick
2022-02-08, 02:26 PM
3rd lvl
Using 1 ki as a free action you can make it so you either take 2 actions on this turn but have no actions on your next turn or have it so you have no actions on this turn but 2 actions on your next turnI think this should be free. The benefit of taking your action one turn early isn't strong enough to cost ki.

Using 2 ki As a reaction you can do the same to another creature with 30 ft, if they are unwilling they need to make a wisdom saving throwThe power to mess with other creature's turns IS strong, so the ki cost makes sense. But I think 1 ki is enough. You only have 3 ki points, after all, and a lot of features are competing for them.

Also long and short rests take half the time This is a cool feature! Not too strong, but handy and thematically appropriate!

6th lvl
You can cast haste,hold person, and slow using 2 ki points Cool! But 2 ki might be too cheap for these powerful spells.

Using 1 ki point you can cast misty step as you stop time momentarily and then run in a direction (can't go through walls)Really cool!

You can stop projectiles using 3 ki points, turning them into objects. As a reaction while a projectile is being fired within 60 feet of you, you can freeze it in place. It doesn't fall but it can be touched and moved, you can choose to let the projectile move at any point as a reaction and it fires in whatever direction its pointing, it also wears off after an hour and fires. You can have up to 5 projectiles stopped at a time.I think this should be 1 ki. Treat it as an upgrade Deflect Missiles.

11th lvl
Using 1 ki point you can make it so you don't take damage from a single attack for a time. Each turn you can either choose to take the damage or use another ki point to make it go further, you can be doing this to up to 3 attacks at a time, using a ki point for each one individually,and it ends after five turnsAlso cool! I think it should be simplified, though. Maybe "spend 1 ki point to take no damage from an attack. Do this with as many attacks as you want. After 1 minute, or earlier if you choose, you take all the damage at once". The pro is that you can be virtually indestructible for one fight. The con is that when it all catches up to you, you might be knocked out or killed instantly. It's up to the player not to abuse it.

Using 4 ki you can rewind time in a body part allowing you to roll 4 hit dice, you can add ki to roll more hit dice. Since you're spending your own hit dice, this is already pretty costly. I don't think you should spend ki for every die you roll.

17th lvl
You can use stop time for 8 ki pointsVery powerful! Probably too cheap. Officially, a 5th level spell is worth 7 ki points, so a 9th level spell like Time Stop should be worth way more than 8!

For 5 ki you can make a bubble of stopped time in a 20 by 20 feet area within 60 feet of you, any moving object that goes into it stops (like in the 6th lvl ability) and any creature gets hold person cast on them and they have disadvantage. This ability requires concentration.This seems more powerful than Time Stop! Time Stop ends if you harm someone, but this lets you brutalize your enemies freely! This shold cost more, and this should have a limited duration isntead of just lasting as long as you can concentrate.

oogaboogagoblin
2022-02-08, 03:06 PM
thanks a lot! I havent really played monk ever so i had a lot of trouble with balancing

oogaboogagoblin
2022-02-08, 03:09 PM
Also cool! I think it should be simplified, though. Maybe "spend 1 ki point to take no damage from an attack. Do this with as many attacks as you want. After 1 minute, or earlier if you choose, you take all the damage at once". The pro is that you can be virtually indestructible for one fight. The con is that when it all catches up to you, you might be knocked out or killed instantly. It's up to the player not to abuse it.

yeah thats way more streamlined

GalacticAxekick
2022-02-08, 03:42 PM
For future reference, you can quote a message by clicking the quotation mark icon at the bottom right. It even says "reply with a quote" if you are a computer.

You can also copy and paste a specific part of the message that you want to quote, put [QỦTE] at the start and put [/QỦTE] at the end (without the accents)

It will look like this. :)

oogaboogagoblin
2022-02-08, 03:47 PM
thanks! im new to this site and the formatting confuses me