PDA

View Full Version : Bounty-Hunter Cleric of Kelemvor?

Sir-Carlos
2022-02-08, 02:28 PM
Theorycrafting a backup-character. I had an idea for a Grave Domain Cleric of Kelemvor. He is a Bountyhunter, who hunts down criminals who bring an untimely end to innocent people. Does this fit Kelemvor? Or is it too far off in terms of flavor? What do you say?

Psyren
2022-02-08, 03:20 PM
Kelemvor is specifically called out as a Grave deity so you're fine there.

Murderers do kill people before their alloted time is up, so you can easily make a case for a Kelemvorite being against that, and wanting to hunt them down.

I would add the supernatural angle to it that this guy is also helping to put the victims' spirits to rest, which is another Kelemvor staple. The more murderers get away with it, the more likely you are to have vengeful or restless undead like ghosts running around.

RingoBongo
2022-02-08, 09:18 PM
Oops. I messed up

NeffariasBredd
2022-02-09, 01:47 AM
Theorycrafting a backup-character. I had an idea for a Grave Domain Cleric of Kelemvor. He is a Bountyhunter, who hunts down criminals who bring an untimely end to innocent people. Does this fit Kelemvor? Or is it too far off in terms of flavor? What do you say?

I would say Tyr and Hoar, the Gods of Justice and Vengeance respectively, are the gods you are looking for. They are the deities whose portfolios are to hunt down criminals who murder innocents.

Kelemvor would be interested primarily in hunting down Necromancers who disturb the rest of the dead by raising them.