PDA

View Full Version : Wearing more magic items

flappeercraft
2022-02-09, 01:20 AM
So I'm searching for ways to be able to wear more magic items and I need help looking for more. I would like to mention beforehand though that making slot-less versions or the combining magic item rules are against the spirit of this.

So far I have the following:
- Extra Rings feat (2 more ring slots)
- Additional Magic Item Space feat (1 more of any slot)
- Extra Item Space feat (1 more of certain slots)
- Hand of Glory (1 more ring slot) *Can make a slot-less version and still be in the spirit since the ring still occupies a slot
- Ringsword (Ring worn on sword)
- Wand Chamber (Wand on weapon)
- Dvati (Two bodies)
- Deathwand Crossbow (2 Wands)
- Rod of Many Wands (3 Wands)

I'm happy with any contributions. Thanks.

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-09, 04:01 AM
Dvati twins maybe? Doubles your magic item slots for only +1LA

edit: wand chamber for weapons maybe?

flappeercraft
2022-02-09, 04:10 AM
Dvati twins maybe? Doubles your magic item slots for only +1LA

edit: wand chamber for weapons maybe?

Added to OP

loky1109
2022-02-09, 04:12 AM
Nonstandard body shape can gives you nonstandard item slots. There is Thurbane's post about this somewhere.

Edit: this (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?585673)

Prime32
2022-02-09, 07:31 AM
The cheesiest application of wand chambers is to equip two gauntlets, spiked armor, and some obscure wearable weapons like helmets. Then carry an elvencraft longbow, which doubles as a quarterstaff meaning it can fit three chambers.

There's also various bandoliers which let you draw items more easily.

Athan Artilliam
2022-02-09, 11:51 AM
The cheesiest application of wand chambers is to equip two gauntlets, spiked armor, and some obscure wearable weapons like helmets. Then carry an elvencraft longbow, which doubles as a quarterstaff meaning it can fit three chambers.

There's also various bandoliers which let you draw items more easily.

I've never considered putting a wand chamber into a spiked gauntlet. My artificer is gonna build an Arm or Nyr soon & I was gonna add a spiked gauntlet into it so I could punch, now I think I'll add this too

Zanos
2022-02-09, 12:59 PM
The cheesiest application of wand chambers is to equip two gauntlets, spiked armor, and some obscure wearable weapons like helmets.
I keep seeing this pop up and it is not legal:

As a rule of thumb, weapons cannot have modifications unless they have a solid hilt or handle that is at least 6 inches in length. For example, a longsword, crossbow, or trident would qualify, but a spiked chain or sling would not.

I'm guessing a lot of folks just skipped reading the overview for equipment modifications.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-02-09, 01:07 PM
Wands can be used as weapons via a certain feat, so you can add wand chambers to them. If the wands you put in the wand chambers also have wand chambers...

I was thinking of the Dorje Blade feat. It's usable on dorjes, and since dorjes and wands are the same shape and size, it's not at all out of the realm of probability that you could add a "wand chamber" to a dorje to store another dorje.

Also, there's a ringsword enhancement in the Arms and Equipment Guide, and poison rings are a weapon in Dragon Compendium, so if you add the ringsword enhancement to a poison ring, you can add another ring to it without burning a feat on it. And if that ring also has the ringsword enhancement...

The MIC gives instructions on adding additional item abilities to preexisting items for that same slot (the cost of the most expensive item + [the cost of all the less expensive items]x1.5]), which allows you to gain the effects of multiple items in one.

ShurikVch
2022-02-09, 01:24 PM

As a rule of thumb, weapons cannot have modifications unless they have a solid hilt or handle that is at least 6 inches in length. For example, a longsword, crossbow, or trident would qualify, but a spiked chain or sling would not.
I'm guessing a lot of folks just skipped reading the overview for equipment modifications.
It's just for a wands of "normal size"; Fine-sized wand is no more than ¾" (and Colossal-sized - 16 ft.)

Zanos
2022-02-09, 01:36 PM
It's just for a wands of "normal size"; Fine-sized wand is no more than ¾" (and Colossal-sized - 16 ft.)
Fine wands certainly aren't normal size, but in any case that's not relevant, you can't apply any modifications, including wand chamber, to a weapon that doesn't have a 6 inch hilt or handle.

Gauntlets, armor spikes, spiked helmets, boot/knee/elbow blades do not have hilts or handles at all.

Athan Artilliam
2022-02-09, 02:02 PM
Fine wands certainly aren't normal size, but in any case that's not relevant, you can't apply any modifications, including wand chamber, to a weapon that doesn't have a 6 inch hilt or handle.

Gauntlets, armor spikes, spiked helmets, boot/knee/elbow blades do not have hilts or handles at all.

The wands could be in the horns of the helmet, it's very thematic. I could see some crazy barbarian character who shot Searing Light or such from the prongs of his helm. & wand chambers could lie along the forearm on a gauntlet just like the Wand Bracer has them

Max Caysey
2022-02-09, 02:14 PM
So I'm searching for ways to be able to wear more magic items and I need help looking for more. I would like to mention beforehand though that making slot-less versions or the combining magic item rules are against the spirit of this.

So far I have the following:
- Extra Rings feat (2 more ring slots)
- Additional Magic Item Space feat (1 more of any slot)
- Extra Item Space feat (1 more of certain slots)
- Hand of Glory (1 more ring slot) *Can make a slot-less version and still be in the spirit since the ring still occupies a slot
- Ringsword (Ring worn on sword)
- Wand Chamber (Wand on weapon)
- Dvati (Two bodies)

I'm happy with any contributions. Thanks.

Question: Why not just put multiple enchantments on the items?

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-09, 03:36 PM
Doesn't work because of...

and this...

A wand chamber is a thin, cylindrical slot on the handle of a weapon or the edge of a shield that can hold a single wand.
Neither gauntlets, nor spiked armor or other "obscure wearable weapons" count, since those lack a "handle" nor are they the "edge" of a shield.

Wands can be used as weapons via a certain feat, so you can add wand chambers to them. If the wands you put in the wand chambers also have wand chambers...

The feat gives you the permission to use the wand as weapon, but it doesn't turn the wand into a weapon for other purposes (like weapon enhancements of any type). Sorry but this doesn't work either.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-02-09, 03:39 PM
The feat gives you the permission to use the wand as weapon, but it doesn't turn the wand into a weapon for other purposes (like weapon enhancements of any type). Sorry but this doesn't work either.It works if you build them as such. Nothing's stopping you from adding weapon enhancements to them, either, so long as they're built to be masterwork. They do have weapon stats, after all.

ShurikVch
2022-02-09, 03:48 PM
The feat gives you the permission to use the wand as weapon, but it doesn't turn the wand into a weapon for other purposes (like weapon enhancements of any type). Sorry but this doesn't work either.
Everything in a world is a weapon - improvised weapon.
You just need to make it masterwork in order to do it a magical weapon
Sure, some smaller wands may be too small to be effective weapon, but - say - 8' long Gargantuan-sized wand certainly isn't too small...

Thurbane
2022-02-09, 03:52 PM
The Deathwand Crossbow (A&EG p.103) allows you to attach two wands and have them considered wielded while you wield the crossbow.

Rod of Many Wands (CM p.128) allows you to insert up to three wands, and you can activate them all at once, at the cost of extra charges.

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-09, 03:54 PM
It works if you build them as such. Nothing's stopping you from adding weapon enhancements to them, either, so long as they're built to be masterwork. They do have weapon stats, after all.

And there is the problem. You have no permission to build a wand as a "masterwork weapon". Maybe as a "masterwork item", but not as a weapon.
"Weapon" is a defined term by the weapon list in the SRD/PHB (extended by other books). Unless you can show me how you can build a wand as a weapon by 3.5 rules, this ain't gonna work. Sorry..

(If you can show me how to build a wand as legal 3.5 weapon, you would make me really happy. I mean it, no joke)

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-02-09, 04:08 PM
And there is the problem. You have no permission to build a wand as a "masterwork weapon". Maybe as a "masterwork item", but not as a weapon.
"Weapon" is a defined term by the weapon list in the SRD/PHB (extended by other books). Unless you can show me how you can build a wand as a weapon by 3.5 rules, this ain't gonna work. Sorry..

(If you can show me how to build a wand as legal 3.5 weapon, you would make me really happy. I mean it, no joke)The feat literally gives weapon stats: "...a simple light weapon with the following weapon stats. Damage: 1d6, Critical: 19–20/×2, Range Increment: —, Type: Piercing." The feat doesn't change it into a weapon; it merely gives you the knowledge of how to wield it properly.

If it has weapon stats, it's a weapon. Unless all the weapons listed in all the books that aren't the PHB (including the ones in the DMG) can't be made masterwork or magic weapons?

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-09, 04:18 PM
The feat literally gives weapon stats: "...a simple light weapon with the following weapon stats. Damage: 1d6, Critical: 19–20/×2, Range Increment: —, Type: Piercing."

If it has weapon stats, it's a weapon. Unless all the weapons listed in all the books that aren't the PHB (including the ones in the DMG) can't be made masterwork or magic weapons?

Sorry that's not how it works. Anything has stats as Improvised Weapon, but you still can't make masterwork weapons of em. You lack the permission to do so. Just because "you" have the permission to "use" it as weapon, doesn't give the "wand" the permission to be "altered" like a weapon.

"You may use a wand as a weapon" != "alter wands like a weapon"

edit: as said, there are "weapon"-lists in other books that expand the list given in the phb/srd. I don't see any list including wands, not do I see the feat turning wands into "weapons".

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-02-09, 04:41 PM
Sorry that's not how it works. Anything has stats as Improvised Weapon, but you still can't make masterwork weapons of em. You lack the permission to do so. Just because "you" have the permission to "use" it as weapon, doesn't give the "wand" the permission to be "altered" like a weapon.

"You may use a wand as a weapon" != "alter wands like a weapon"

edit: as said, there are "weapon"-lists in other books that expand the list given in the phb/srd. I don't see any list including wands, not do I see the feat turning wands into "weapons".If it has weapon stats, it's a weapon. It's not even an improvised weapon, but an actual weapon. If you can use it as a weapon, you can build one as a weapon. If you can build one as a weapon, you can add weapon stuff to it. The feat even says, "Without the proper training, a dorje deals negligible damage if used as a melee weapon." Not that it isn't a melee weapon, or that it's improvised. You just need training to use it properly.

flappeercraft
2022-02-09, 05:46 PM
Question: Why not just put multiple enchantments on the items?

Honestly because I'm going for an "I found a nice item in that last boss fight, let me add it to my repertoire" type of approach rather than tailor making all items I want. Yes, it's unoptimal, but that's the concept I'm going for knowing that.

I was thinking of the Dorje Blade feat. It's usable on dorjes, and since dorjes and wands are the same shape and size, it's not at all out of the realm of probability that you could add a "wand chamber" to a dorje to store another dorje.

Any source on the Dorje Blade feat? Can't find it on any of my books/mags

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-02-09, 06:07 PM
Any source on the Dorje Blade feat? Can't find it on any of my books/magsIt's from Hyperconscious, which was written by Bruce R. Cordell, the author of the XPH. Yes, it's 3rd party, but it's from a 1st party author, and in my experience (though YMMV), most tables that allow psionics allow that.

It's also OGL (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/dorje-blade).

Thurbane
2022-02-09, 06:17 PM
The Double Wand Wielder feat (CAr) lets you activate two wands at once, as a full round action, using 2 charges from each wand.

aglondier
2022-02-09, 06:21 PM
If you are willing to turn back the clock a little to the heady days of 3.0, the Quintessential Paladin by Mongoose Publishing has Reliquaries, which are containers that specifically do not take up magic item slots, but allow the user to access the powers of the contained magic item. The belt pouch specifically mentions wands and rods. The reliquary pommel could contain a ring, while the medallion could contain any wondrous item smaller than your palm.

flappeercraft
2022-02-09, 06:26 PM
If you are willing to turn back the clock a little to the heady days of 3.0, the Quintessential Paladin by Mongoose Publishing has Reliquaries, which are containers that specifically do not take up magic item slots, but allow the user to access the powers of the contained magic item. The belt pouch specifically mentions wands and rods. The reliquary pommel could contain a ring, while the medallion could contain any wondrous item smaller than your palm.

That's an interesting one, to say the least. I am looking more to 1st party/dragon mag, but would anyone know anything even vaguely similar to this in 1st party/dragon mag?

Morphic tide
2022-02-09, 08:41 PM
Mouthpick lets a weapon be used in place of a Bite attack, which with Ringsword lets you trade that Bite for a ring. From there, Multi-Headed on something with Bites is 2 RHD and LA +2 per head.

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-09, 11:56 PM
If it has weapon stats, it's a weapon. It's not even an improvised weapon, but an actual weapon. If you can use it as a weapon, you can build one as a weapon. If you can build one as a weapon, you can add weapon stuff to it. The feat even says, "Without the proper training, a dorje deals negligible damage if used as a melee weapon." Not that it isn't a melee weapon, or that it's improvised. You just need training to use it properly.

The feat sole gives you the permission to use it as a weapon. It still doesn't give the dorje the ability to count as weapon.

It's the same as with weapon-like spells. Just because they have weapon stat, they don't turn into real weapons. You sole have permission for the stuff mentioned under weapon-like spells and the individual spell description. Nothing more, nothing less.

If we now get back to the Dorje Blade feat, you should see that it has the same shortcoming as weapon-like spells do. Just because "you may use" a dorje as a weapon, doesn't give the "dorje" the ability to count as weapon for everything.
The feat sole gives "you" the ability to attack with a dorje, nothing more, nothing less.

Having 4 or more arms for mutiweapon fighting to have more weapon chambers should work.
Girallon's Blessing can be an option to get extra arms for normal races.

Bohandas
2022-02-10, 03:56 AM

Well how long is the gauntlet? I imagine it would extend a short way up the arm in addition to covering the hand

Gorthawar
2022-02-10, 05:03 AM
For completeness sake: Hand of Kiaransalee's glory from CotSQ PG 130 also allows an extra ring to be worn.

ShurikVch
2022-02-10, 09:41 AM
It's expensive and may be alignment-problematic, but Clawed Arm fiendish graft supposed to not replace existing arm - thus, extra weapon/rod/wand/etc

Promethean
2022-02-13, 01:53 PM
It's the same as with weapon-like spells. Just because they have weapon stat, they don't turn into real weapons. You sole have permission for the stuff mentioned under weapon-like spells and the individual spell description. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aren't there rules contradicting that though? Ranged feats like point blank shot apply to rays for example.

Seward
2022-02-13, 02:45 PM
The Double Wand Wielder feat (CAr) lets you activate two wands at once, as a full round action, using 2 charges from each wand.

This is actually making me want to make a crossbow-sniper with a dual-wand crossbow and maybe even craft wands (for scorching rays at higher than min crafting level perhaps or perhaps area spells when that's better than killing single target with arrows).

Kind of like an assault rifle with a grenade launcher underneath. "I got my "imbue arrow" right here you stupid elves, no need for your crappy bow-only, elf-only prc!". Sadly the crossbow only lets you use one or the other, although I guess you could dual-weild the things for hideous expense (they are +2 overpriced light crossbows) which would let you switch wands around nicely.

Probably hard to make work. A lot of feats and caster levels needed on one character. Reckless wand weilder would help keep costs down. Probably easier to just have quickdraw and use the wands normally.

Jervis
2022-02-13, 03:45 PM
I forget the name but there’s a weapon in dragon mag that can be put onto the end of a beard or braided hair. The handle rules are just vague enough that your beard can count as a handle. Two twins, two beards, two handles, two more wands.

Jervis
2022-02-13, 03:59 PM
Are there rules contradicting that though? Ranged feats like point blank shot apply to rays for example.

Wand chamber Eldritch Blast lets go

Zanos
2022-02-13, 04:18 PM
Well how long is the gauntlet? I imagine it would extend a short way up the arm in addition to covering the hand
Gauntlets do not have hilts or handles. The rule is not saying the weapon has to be 6 inches long. It says it has to have a hilt or handle that is 6 inches long.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-02-13, 04:20 PM
The sorcerer's hand light crossbow is a +2 weapon in the Arms & Equipment Guide (p117) that can fire ray spells and can be used as a focus for such, increasing their effective CL by +1 and adding a +2 enhancement bonus to hit. Now, the entry isn't the greatest, so it's unknown as to whether the +2 is from the weapon's regular enhancement bonus or it's a separate property that adds a +2 to hit, since it doesn't say that it adds the crossbow's enhancement bonus to hit (and maybe to damage, and maybe any other special abilities that might be added on). It'd be really valuable if you could treat your ray spells as ammo so you can add stuff like splitting and such to them, but it's not mentioned in the entry.

flappeercraft
2022-02-13, 05:11 PM
I forget the name but there’s a weapon in dragon mag that can be put onto the end of a beard or braided hair. The handle rules are just vague enough that your beard can count as a handle. Two twins, two beards, two handles, two more wands.

I believe that's the braidblade

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-13, 05:33 PM
Are there rules contradicting that though? Ranged feats like point blank shot apply to rays for example.

Not all (ranged) feats. We have a specific rule in Complete Arcane for "weapon-like spells" on p72/73 that says which feats can be used with em. I'm not sure if any other book expands the list. Unless you can find an extension of the list in any other book, these are the sole feats possible:

Improved Critical
Improved Unarmed Strike
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Stunning Fist
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus

A very limited selection. E.g. no "Shoot on the Run" for spells.
edit: and they obviously don't all apply to melee and ranged. Some can only apply to one category. More details can be found on the pages in Complete Arcane.

Seward
2022-02-13, 06:38 PM
Tome and Blood had Ray specialization, which probably would work with Ranged Weapon Mastery if your rays used piercing, blunt or slashing as damage type, but in general yeah, not all extensions work and I have not seen ray support for feat-based damage increase beyond what you mentioned.

If somebody with 8 fighter levels wanted to get greater weapon focus (ray) a GM would probably allow it, but weapon spec/mastery/greater weapon spec isn't well defined how it interacts with rays.

Effect-based increases (inspire courage, good hope, prayer, righteous wrath of the faithful blah blah blah) - they work, as long as if they're restricted to melee you stick to touch spells and ranged you work with rays.

Feldar
2022-02-14, 07:37 PM
Just so you know, technically you can wield TWO ringswords.

Also, you can have them hold ioun stones in the hilts as well (A&EG also) for just a little more, in case you don't want to advertise that you're loaded down with magic.

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-14, 08:32 PM
This is actually making me want to make a crossbow-sniper with a dual-wand crossbow and maybe even craft wands (for scorching rays at higher than min crafting level perhaps or perhaps area spells when that's better than killing single target with arrows).

Kind of like an assault rifle with a grenade launcher underneath. "I got my "imbue arrow" right here you stupid elves, no need for your crappy bow-only, elf-only prc!". Sadly the crossbow only lets you use one or the other, although I guess you could dual-weild the things for hideous expense (they are +2 overpriced light crossbows) which would let you switch wands around nicely.

Probably hard to make work. A lot of feats and caster levels needed on one character. Reckless wand weilder would help keep costs down. Probably easier to just have quickdraw and use the wands normally.

Have a look at my dual double handcrossbow build (El Mariachi). It doesn't use wand chambers but Spell Storing instead for some combos. Maybe you can use it as inspiration and tailor it towards your needs.

Seward
2022-02-14, 09:22 PM
After some tinkering, just going with quickdraw seemed more sensible. There are issues with wands maybe littering the battlefield if he changes them up a lot, but from an action economy and wbl standpoint it seemed more practical (as did a switch to thrown weapons, especially splash weapons, as a backup to the wands, rather than crossbows)

Athan Artilliam
2022-02-14, 09:28 PM
I believe that's the braidblade

I remember those, fun little tops you battled your friends with

Athan Artilliam
2022-02-14, 09:31 PM
After some tinkering, just going with quickdraw seemed more sensible. There are issues with wands maybe littering the battlefield if he changes them up a lot, but from an action economy and wbl standpoint it seemed more practical (as did a switch to thrown weapons, especially splash weapons, as a backup to the wands, rather than crossbows)

Daggers with wand chambers & weapon augment crystals of Return. It allows you to Quickdraw the dagger to hand & also collect them from the battlefield easily once dropped

Seward
2022-02-14, 10:32 PM
Daggers with wand chambers & weapon augment crystals of Return. It allows you to Quickdraw the dagger to hand & also collect them from the battlefield easily once dropped

I have a feeling I'll be cash-starved enough making and buying all those wands. The feat has the virtue of not using WBL (1000gp per wand chamber, 100 gp for quickdraw or 1000 for quickdraw+move action return).

If I'm swimming in cash though, I like the idea of innocent looking "ceremonial" dagger "just for eating with" that has a holdout wand that can slip into social situations that doesn't require extradimensional space (once everybody knows he is a dual, reckless wand weilder they're going to treat his wands like a greataxe or bow), or alternately his "staff of power" which is an ordinary darkwood quarterstaff tricked out with two wand containers and two sets of triple weapon capsule retainers. That kind of misdirection can be fun and worth a bit of expense. Something like a pyrotechnics wand and flame capsules in the retainers could actually be both practical and entertaining.

I also like the idea of his wands all being carefully labeled...incorrectly. Especially the area of effect wands.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-02-14, 10:47 PM
I have a feeling I'll be cash-starved enough making and buying all those wands. The feat has the virtue of not using WBL (1000gp per wand chamber, 100 gp for quickdraw or 1000 for quickdraw+move action return).

If I'm swimming in cash though, I like the idea of innocent looking "ceremonial" dagger "just for eating with" that has a holdout wand that can slip into social situations that doesn't require extradimensional space (once everybody knows he is a dual, reckless wand weilder they're going to treat his wands like a greataxe or bow), or alternately his "staff of power" which is an ordinary darkwood quarterstaff tricked out with two wand containers and two sets of triple weapon capsule retainers. That kind of misdirection can be fun and worth a bit of expense. Something like a pyrotechnics wand and flame capsules in the retainers could actually be both practical and entertaining.

I also like the idea of his wands all being carefully labeled...incorrectly. Especially the area of effect wands.Make the quarterstaff an elvencraft Hank's bow? You should be able to add another wand into the bow portion of it, and if you make it like the cartoon, where the bowstring doesn't exist until you draw it, it wouldn't even look like a bow until then. And since the bow creates its own ammo, you won't even need any of that to use it in an emergency (or an assassination). If it's got a bit of a curve, just describe it as being a gnarled tree-limb you found aesthetically pleasing.

Athan Artilliam
2022-02-14, 11:15 PM
Make the quarterstaff an elvencraft Hank's bow? You should be able to add another wand into the bow portion of it, and if you make it like the cartoon, where the bowstring doesn't exist until you draw it, it wouldn't even look like a bow until then. And since the bow creates its own ammo, you won't even need any of that to use it in an emergency (or an assassination). If it's got a bit of a curve, just describe it as being a gnarled tree-limb you found aesthetically pleasing.

My artificer has a Energy Bow. I store it in a glove of the master strategist. Idk if I could get away with bringing the glove to a dinner party but it'll do in most scenarios

Seward
2022-02-15, 12:02 AM
I should be so lucky as to get a Hank Bow or Energy bow. But again, a reckless dual wand wielder is basically throwing gold at his enemies (it reminds me of playing an Alchemist in Pathfinder) so unless I'm lucky enough to be in a game where the GM looks at current wbl, not total wbl, I should stick to relatively cheap permanent equipment.

But yeah, if I have enough strength to carry an elvencraft bow around and enough cash to equip it with wand chambers, it has obvious appeal as a 3-concealed-wand asset. I kinda like the idea of carrying it unstrung and pretending it is a staff. Note to self, pick a class with bluff as class skill.

Athan Artilliam
2022-02-15, 12:58 AM
I should be so lucky as to get a Hank Bow or Energy bow. But again, a reckless dual wand wielder is basically throwing gold at his enemies (it reminds me of playing an Alchemist in Pathfinder) so unless I'm lucky enough to be in a game where the GM looks at current wbl, not total wbl, I should stick to relatively cheap permanent equipment.

But yeah, if I have enough strength to carry an elvencraft bow around and enough cash to equip it with wand chambers, it has obvious appeal as a 3-concealed-wand asset. I kinda like the idea of carrying it unstrung and pretending it is a staff. Note to self, pick a class with bluff as class skill.

If you do get enough cash, take hanks Energy Bow, add Elvencraft to it, & fluff the force shots as magic missles

Jervis
2022-02-15, 03:17 AM

Oh if you want to hide magical doo dads, then let me introduce you to a little trick called the Sha’ir Shifting Satchel.

Step 1: Take levels in Sha’ir for Gen Familiar
Step 2: Give Gen Familiar a bag of holding
Step 3: Have familiar wait a mile away from where you’ll be waiting for empathic link to tell it when you need your stuff

It can also planeshift at will so if something endangers it just give it orders to planeshift away to safty, it’s on its home plane and friendly with powerful elementals that are probably ok with it crashing there for a few minutes. It can find you anywhere as implied by fetch spells so you don’t need to worry about getting separated for any amount of time.

Bohandas
2022-02-15, 03:17 AM
Gauntlets do not have hilts or handles. The rule is not saying the weapon has to be 6 inches long. It says it has to have a hilt or handle that is 6 inches long.

Now, Wiktionary defines a handle as "The part of an object which is designed to be held in the hand when used or moved", so you could make the argument that a gauntlet is all handle, or that at least the palm is

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-15, 08:02 AM
Now, Wiktionary defines a handle as "The part of an object which is designed to be held in the hand when used or moved", so you could make the argument that a gauntlet is all handle, or that at least the palm is

You are wearing the glove and don't hold it. If you "hold" the glove, I expect that you don't wear em. Normal Common Sense that still applies to 3.5

Malphegor
2022-02-15, 10:03 AM
small side note, the Dvati one is contested by some people. Personally I see no problem with it: two bodies should mean more body slots, but there are some who believe you get the slots of just 1 body, and you choose which body’s limbs heads etc are active at any one moment. Either way it’s poorly defined, and largely up to the whims of a dm