PDA

View Full Version : Monsters multiverse changes

Scarytincan
2022-02-10, 05:55 PM
Noticing that it seems like no monster in this book has the magic weapons feature. Any thoughts on what's up with that? As a summoner makes me a bit sad in regards to elemental myrmidons and armanite demons...(though in the case of the myrmidons looks like they do force damage now instead at least)

also very salty about the dybbuk changes, particularly it no longer saying that it knows what the corpse knew. :(

RIP flail snail

Unoriginal
2022-02-10, 06:59 PM
Noticing that it seems like no monster in this book has the magic weapons feature. Any thoughts on what's up with that? As a summoner makes me a bit sad in regards to elemental myrmidons and armanite demons...(though in the case of the myrmidons looks like they do force damage now instead at least)

also very salty about the dybbuk changes, particularly it no longer saying that it knows what the corpse knew. :(

RIP flail snail

For some reason they decided to get rid of the Magic Weapon trait and give the monsters who had it attacks with a damage type bypassing the slashing, bludgeoning and piercing weapon resistance/immuinity.

What happened to the Flail Snail?

Dark.Revenant
2022-02-10, 07:37 PM
It was already a very rare ability, appearing on only 1 in 25ish stat blocks.

Scarytincan
2022-02-10, 08:33 PM
For some reason they decided to get rid of the Magic Weapon trait and give the monsters who had it attacks with a damage type bypassing the slashing, bludgeoning and piercing weapon resistance/immuinity.

What happened to the Flail Snail?

They didn't replace for all the ones they took it from. I only saw for the myrmidons. And they just straight up took away most of the interesting abilities from the flail snail and left the one boring option of the random effects you would roll when it was targeted by a spell :/

Unoriginal
2022-02-10, 08:34 PM
It was already a very rare ability, appearing on only 1 in 25ish stat blocks.

I don't see your point. Plenty of rare abilities have their place in the game.