PDA

View Full Version : Donjon Dungeon generator help.

Jasder
2022-02-10, 07:20 PM
So, I'm looking at the Donjon dungeon generator for 5e, and some of the setting options are not clear on what they do. Can anyone provide an overview of what the different settings actually do?

The most confusing one for me is Polymorph rooms. I have no clear idea what that does, but some others are also a little confusing. I don't know what tiling peripheral egress does.
https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/dungeon/

thoroughlyS
2022-02-10, 07:54 PM
Alright, from top to bottom:
Dungeon Level and Party Size affect the CR of the encounters used to populate the dungeon
Motif affects what kind of encounters are used (i.e. aquatic uses aquatic monsters and traps)
Dungeon Size and Dungeon Layout are pretty self-explanatory
Peripheral Egress means exits that lead off of the map: "Yes" gives one exit off of the map, "Many" gives more based on size, and "Tiling" gives many but also makes the map have the exits on all sides and lined up with each other so that you could stick multiple dungeons together
Room Layout affects how close the rooms are to each other, and therefore how many rooms fit in the map
Room Size affects how big each room is, and therefore how many rooms fit in the map
Polymorph Rooms means including rooms that have non-rectangular shape: "No" has all rectangles, "Yes" has more rectangles, "Many" has more non-rectangles
Doors affects the DC to pick locks and break down doors
Corridors affects how many times the corridors turn, and therefore how many corners there are to hide behind
Remove Deadends affects how many corridors don't lead to rooms
Stairs affects how many staircases are included on the map (both up and down)
Map Style is purely aesthetic, changing the color scheme
Grid changes what grid the map uses (for tables that use e.g. hexes)

Jasder
2022-02-10, 07:58 PM
Thank you so much!