PDA

View Full Version : doppleganger change shape question

kemmotar
2007-11-22, 09:45 AM
Ok...so according to the MM change shape can assume the shape of any medium or small creature. Now..can it assume the shape of a two headed anything effectively gaining the multiheaded template from the savage species?

A medium creature can have a maximum of two heads according to the template so should we assume that that is the limit i can use it to? If not can i just add heads however i want for the bonus to con, spot and listen according to the number of heads or does the template limit the ability to the fact that i need to have seen such a *thing* in order to change shape into it so, if a medium creature can only have that many heads then i can only have seen a medium creature with a max of 2 heads?

What about

If it can then can it gain the benefits of the template can it gain the benefits of other templates? for example the pyro or cryo subtemplates from multiheaded template and pretty much any other template?

Bender
2007-11-22, 09:57 AM
no, you can't

A creature cannot use change shape to take the form of a creature with a template.

kemmotar
2007-11-22, 10:05 AM
Thought as much...what are the restriction on it? Same as the alter self spell?

Bender
2007-11-22, 12:42 PM
Thought as much...what are the restriction on it? Same as the alter self spell?

You can find exactly what it does here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#changeShape).
It is quite similar to alter self, but I don't have time to search for differences right now.:smallredface: