PDA

View Full Version : Moonfall (2022)

Bartmanhomer
2022-02-14, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone. Today I'm going to review the movie Moonfall (2022) that I saw last Saturday.

Last Saturday I saw the movie Moonfall in IMAX. This movie is about a group of astronauts trying to stop an entity from the moon to prevent it to destroy Earth. It's supposed to be a sci-fi disaster movie. The only part that I like about this movie is the disaster of the city from Earth. What I don't like about this movie is that most of the stuff throughout the movie makes no sense in science fiction standards. It was humor in it but it wasn't even funny. I thought this movie has some potential but I was wrong. This movie was horrible with hardly any positive merits at all other than the disaster of the city which is the only one I like. But other than that it was horrible. So I'll give this movie a hard 2 out of 10 stars.

Tyndmyr
2022-02-15, 10:25 AM
I didn't mind it. Yeah, it's a big, dumb blockbuster, and it most definitely has some technobabble, but other than that, eh, it pretty much does what it promises, and has at least a couple of alright ideas surrounded by all the ol' tropes.

My personal favorite bit of techno babble was "we're not going fast enough" "it's okay, we have the velocity!"

There's a LOT to nitpick apart if going for scientific realism, but ultimately, this isn't really hard sci fi. This is a disaster movie.

Khedrac
2022-02-15, 12:43 PM
It's a fun romp, but leave your brain at the door.

What I found slightly annoying is it actually takes the trouble to get some of the science right, then gets the same scince wrong at the same time...

Worth a nomination for "Craziest Film of the Year" but it's a good film if you just want to be entertained.

Razade
2022-02-15, 12:58 PM
It's a Roland Emmerich film, not sure what anyone would expect. He is the undisputed king of big action explosions with vague science fiction holding it together. He and Bay could easily do a movie called "Explosions" and people would go and see it.

Anonymouswizard
2022-02-15, 01:43 PM
I didn't mind it. Yeah, it's a big, dumb blockbuster, and it most definitely has some technobabble, but other than that, eh, it pretty much does what it promises, and has at least a couple of alright ideas surrounded by all the ol' tropes.

In terms of enjoyableness would you rate it closer to Independence Day or Independence Day 2?

Like I can check my brain out at the door. I can't accept the film saying 'X won't work' but having the solution be 'X, but do it more'.

My personal favorite bit of techno babble was "we're not going fast enough" "it's okay, we have the velocity!".

But... But... But I can't stop laughing at how wrong that exchange is, while also being able to imagine a scene where this could make complete sense.

Tyndmyr
2022-02-16, 12:15 PM
In terms of enjoyableness would you rate it closer to Independence Day or Independence Day 2?

Like I can check my brain out at the door. I can't accept the film saying 'X won't work' but having the solution be 'X, but do it more'.

I found it between the two, but substantially closer to the first. It's got enough big events and crazy stuff going on to almost get that vibe.

On the other hand, while I know I watched Independence Day 2, I can't actually tell you much of anything about it. Pretty much just forgettable.