PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Barbarian, fighter, ranger and paladin fight.

Emperor Demonking
2007-11-22, 12:55 PM
If at the level 10 these four were in a battle royale, who'd win.

I would probably give it to the fighter, because of heavy armour and isn't reliant on his opponents being evil.

Plus out of those four what is the best class.

ocato
2007-11-22, 12:57 PM
Does someone pay you to make battle royale threads?

Frosty
2007-11-22, 01:07 PM
Rocks fall. Everyone dies. Battle end.

VerdugoExplode
2007-11-22, 01:08 PM
The wizard would win because he was smart enough not to participate in these idiotic "Who would win" threads.

Yami
2007-11-22, 01:14 PM
Indeed. The problem with this thread, is that there are tons of ways to build each character, each one with it's own advantages.

Not enough input; does not compute.

Ralfarius
2007-11-22, 02:06 PM
Man, why they gotta fight? Poor blokes have a hard enough time as non-full-spellcasting classes. I say they settle their differences in a peaceful and mutually acceptable manner. Especially if the Paladin has decent charisma to swing that sort of thing.

Jerthanis
2007-11-22, 06:22 PM
If at the level 10 these four were in a battle royale, who'd win.

I would probably give it to the fighter, because of heavy armour and isn't reliant on his opponents being evil.

Plus out of those four what is the best class.

Out of the four of them at level 10 in a battle royale specifically the Ranger takes it easily. He runs away with Longstrider and hides somewhere until the rest of them have settled up between the three of them, and then sweeps in with his animal companion.

In an arena free-for-all, where no one can get away or hide, it could get weird. For anyone who's played four way free-for-all Magic games, the winner isn't always or even usually the one with the best deck. The person who's the strongest gets ganged up on by the rest, since they know they each can't individually win unless they take out the biggest threat first. Thus, the Ranger, Fighter, and Paladin all gang up on the Barbarian, who could take any of them individually when raging. I'm going to be a little non-orthodox and say the Paladin will win this battle. Even if the other warriors are neutral and he can't use Smite evil, he's still got access to the most HP of the group in the form of his Lay On Hands ability, and his Companion mount.

That doesn't mean Paladin is the best class, it's just got the endurance, and a low enough profile not to get ganged up on early. If I had to say which was the best class in actual play, it's far and away the Barbarian. It could be my personal preference, but Barbarians having skills, fast movement, and Rage, for brief periods of extreme damage makes them the best at what you'd expect melee types to do.

Nebo_
2007-11-22, 06:45 PM
These threads are verging on trolling now.

Temp
2007-11-22, 06:51 PM
Paladin has Diplomacy as a class skill. He convinces the others to join him in his holy crusade to slay the evil "X v. Y" thread epidemic.

the_tick_rules
2007-11-22, 11:55 PM
i'd say if it was like an arena style a fighter would probably win the majority. though dif builds could swing this wildly.

OneWinged4ngel
2007-11-23, 02:42 AM
These threads are verging on trolling now.

Paladin has Diplomacy as a class skill. He convinces the others to join him in his holy crusade to slay the evil "X v. Y" thread epidemic.

Whooo! Go paladin! Slay this vile beast! *Cheers, waving a tiny flag with the paladin's holy symbol.*

herrhauptmann
2007-11-23, 02:49 AM
I'd give it to the paladin or the fighter.
The paladin has better lasting power due to lay on hands, but the fighter generally has a more versatile build (considering there's no details on any of them besides level 10).
The barbarian I think is 'ok' in combat without raging, great while ranging, but useless afterwards. I agree that everyone is likely to gang up on him first, and I don't think that his rage will last long enough to take down even 2 of his enemies before it runs out, and he gets winded.
So bar down, if ranger is an archer, he's probably legging it out of there right quick and preparing to start sniping. If he starts sniping in the middle of the pal-ftr fight, I can see the two of them making temporary cause to kill off the ranger.