PDA

View Full Version : Tying Mind sphere talents to Emotions.

SangoProduction
2022-02-18, 05:27 AM
I was thinking of making a character that was an emotional manipulator. Able to evoke feelings through song so powerful they had effective control over people.
So obviously, investigating the mind sphere is a solid enough solution.

Unclassified: Suggestion/Command/Gestures/Utterances (Simply too general to be tied to a particular emotion. Very flexible.)
Amnesia: I mean, if you want to stretch it, perhaps apathy.

Relax / Apathy: Calm: I mean... Yeah.
Candor: It takes active effort to lie. Just make them calm down and just let the information flow
Fascinate
Sleep

Overwhelm: Confusion: Any emotion in excess can cause confusion. Let's go with cringe.
Disrupt Focus: Yup.
Paralyze
Wrack

Happiness / positive: Enthrall: Because it's basically right in the name, just about.
Esteem

Shame: Recommend

Courage: Do I even need to say anything?
Fear: ... Yes. (Also works for most non-rage negative emotion, due to the genericism of Shaken.)
Hostility: Rage. Woo.

Just one throw-away joke as I write this... and now I want to turn it into a cringe-mancer. God damn, that... Well, at least I've proven it works.

Cortillaen
2022-02-18, 10:53 PM
I wonder if anyone has done a 3.P version of Mistborn's Soothers and Rioters. That's what this makes me think of.

SangoProduction
2022-02-19, 04:56 AM
I wonder if anyone has done a 3.P version of Mistborn's Soothers and Rioters. That's what this makes me think of.

Almost certainly, at least without realizing it. Depending on just how strictly you define them.