PDA

View Full Version : King of Precision Damage

Wraithy
2007-11-22, 03:22 PM
A challenge! who can build the best Precision Damage dealer by level 10.

however "the best" doesn't necesseraly mean the most damage, how often they can employ it is also a factor, 20D6 damage if your target is wearing a purple hat and standing on one leg is probably of limited use (except at Baron Von Lilac's veteran parade).

so what would be your build for the best mid level Precision Damage dealer?

AlterForm
2007-11-22, 03:37 PM
Off-hand, maybe a Swift Hunter making use of Greater Manyshot.

FearlessFreddy
2007-11-22, 04:07 PM
Depends. For melee, I'd probably go something like (I assume no XP penalty. If they are enforced, I would go human, bite the bullet at level 10 and pick a second Barbarian level at 11, then go rogue all the way):

Rogue 4/Swashbuckler 3/Swordsage 2/Barbarian 1
With feats something like (not in the proper order):
TWF, ITWF, Able Learner, Daring Outlaw and Shadow Blade

This gives the following:

4 attacks/round
INT + DEX + STR to damage
+4d6 Sneak Attack (+6d6 with Assassin's stance)
Easy stance with Island of Blades and Distracting Ember
Swordsage Movement stuff
Pounce (Lion Totem Barbarian)

A swift hunter TWF build could also rock.

kemmotar
2007-11-22, 04:36 PM
how do you get dex and int to damage? Swashbuckler?

daggaz
2007-11-22, 04:45 PM
Theres all kinds of feats and PrC's out there that give you one stat or another to damage. I remember there was one guy who was desperately trying to get every stat to damage plus something more. Im wondering how many other people out there homebrew a limit to it...

OneWinged4ngel
2007-11-22, 05:52 PM
Theres all kinds of feats and PrC's out there that give you one stat or another to damage. I remember there was one guy who was desperately trying to get every stat to damage plus something more. Im wondering how many other people out there homebrew a limit to it...

I generally houserule that you can't stack X stat to damage multiple times.

Wraithy
2007-11-23, 03:35 AM
Swift Hunter seems to be cropping up lot, its good to know there is a use for Rangers:smallsmile:

Telok
2007-11-23, 10:04 AM
A pointless build I once came up with.

1 Rogue 1 - Point Blank Shot, Disguise 4
2 Spellthief 1
3 Fighter (Sneak Attack variant) 1 - Far Shot, Sense Motive 6
4 Rogue 2 - Evasion
5 Rogue 3 - Bluff 8, Search 8, Spot 8, Spellcraft 4
6 Assassin 1 - WpFocus (dagger), spells
7 Unseen Seer 1 - +5 BaB, Hide 10, Move Silently 10
8 Invisible Blade 1
9 Ninja 1 - Improved Initative
10 Nightsong Enforcer 1
11 Avenging Executioner 1

BardicDuelist
2007-11-23, 10:22 AM
Factotum 10. You can get 20d6 damage on every attack in one round, useable once per encounter. Now, normally this would mean on only two attacks, but there is a way around that: Don't do 20d6.

3 Cunning Surges (costs 9 IP)
1 Arcane Dillante (Grease)
1 Cunning Insight (Attack)
1 Cunning Insight (damage)
8d6 Cunning Strike

This makes everyone who doesn't have balance flat-footed. You then get five attacks (Full attack-three attacks, Three More standard actions-two to attack). Each of these deals 8d6 SA damage +Int.

Flaw-FoI, Flaw-FoI, Human-FoI, 1-FoI, 3-PBS, 6-Rapid Shot, 9-FoI

kemmotar
2007-11-23, 10:27 AM
Swift Hunter seems to be cropping up lot, its good to know there is a use for Rangers:smallsmile:

Actually i'd rather take 1 level ranger with swift hunter and then go for scout instead for full BAB and have the favored enemy for extras:smallwink:

Rangers are indeed useless, but free favored enemy progression combined with full BAB and other much better abilities from scout is much better.

But still they wouldn't beat a full SA character as long as he can ensure he will get SA damage each round...dust of disappearance works..

Actually i think that if you have the above scout/ranger against a favored enemy of yours and crazy hide, you can use woodland archer to hide, shoot, hide, move each round. Improved skirmish also helps since you will be moving after each shot and being hidden, the chance they will find you is small and you get skirmish damage every round. Maybe one swordsage level to get assassin stance for the extra SA...

I'd say it pretty much comes down to who can use precision damage the most rather than having more dice. If you're attacking someone with see invisibility or true seeing and you depend of gr. invisibility to provide chances for SA then you're pretty much not doing anything...whereas a scout with impr rapid shot and tumble can move(no AoO) and rapid shot anyone to hell with skirmish damage. Ok...we all know that ranged builds are inferior in melee combat from meleers but we're discussing whatever your own build can do it circumstances that neither favour nor disadvantage it.

For example a scout against a charger build is going to hell in one or two rounds...

AlterForm
2007-11-23, 10:43 AM
Did I miss something? Last I checked, Scout doesn't get full BAB, with or without swift hunter.