PDA

View Full Version : Weight/Composition of Warforged Titan

PrismCat21
2022-02-19, 08:29 PM
Got a quick question for y'all.
I'm playing a mid-level Artificer in an all sources inclusive game. We disabled a Warforged Titan last night and the party has asked me to salvage all the available material I can from it to improve our equipment.

The DM has asked me to figure out an appropriate weight for it to gauge how much material we can use.
Does anyone want to take a guess at it's weight and composition of materials? Or point to a source that gives more details than the monster block? Thanks a bunch.

Venger
2022-02-19, 09:02 PM
While titans don't have textual weight given, it's easy enough to extrapolate. As per mm3, vanilla warforged weigh about 300lbs and are medium. D&D, amazingly, follows the square cube law as cited in enlarge person. This means when you go up a size category, doubling your size, your weight is multiplied by 8. Titans are huge, so 300x64 or 19,200lbs. Warforged are made of wood, stone, metal, and leather and titans are early drafts of them, so it's reasonable to say they're made of the same stuff.

Rebel7284
2022-02-20, 01:23 AM
While titans don't have textual weight given, it's easy enough to extrapolate. As per mm3, vanilla warforged weigh about 300lbs and are medium. D&D, amazingly, follows the square cube law as cited in enlarge person. This means when you go up a size category, doubling your size, your weight is multiplied by 8. Titans are huge, so 300x64 or 19,200lbs. Warforged are made of wood, stone, metal, and leather and titans are early drafts of them, so it's reasonable to say they're made of the same stuff.

I would round that up to 20,000 lbs. since, unlike normal warforged, "Their armor is crafted from adamantine", so they might be just a smudge heavier than the average warforged mixture of metal/wood/stone. Regardless, there is probably variance.

PrismCat21
2022-02-23, 03:06 PM
snip

Thank you. I was trying to avoid the regular size multipliers, hoping their was a hard number somewhere.

Warforged Chargers are much more bulky and closer in 'build' than regular Warforged, and their weight is 2,400 lb. Medium Warforged weight x8.
Guess we're going with 19,200 lb. :)

Thank you both.

loky1109
2022-02-23, 03:28 PM
I looked in the FAQ, it may be useful

How would the various warforged “Body” feats (such Adamantine Body) affect a warforged’s weight?
These feats (found in the ECS and in RE) do not list any effect on a warforged character’s weight.
That said, in the “Dragonshards” web column found at wizards.com (https://web.archive.org/web/20201112024332/http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050627a), ECS coauthor Keith Baker suggested some (optional) weight variants for such characters. DMs interested in adding some variety to their warforged characters might find these useful as a house rule.

Feat
Base Weight
Weight Modifier

Adamantine Body
320 lbs.
×6

Darkwood Body
180 lbs.
×2

Mithral Body
180 lbs.
×2

Unarmored Body
225 lbs.
×3

UPD: Add link.

Fouredged Sword
2022-02-23, 04:08 PM
I would round that up to 20,000 lbs. since, unlike normal warforged, "Their armor is crafted from adamantine", so they might be just a smudge heavier than the average warforged mixture of metal/wood/stone. Regardless, there is probably variance.

Just add the weight of a large set of adamantine full plate. That's 100lbs.

loky1109
2022-02-23, 04:14 PM
Just add the weight of a large set of adamantine full plate. That's 100lbs.

It's for Medium, not for Huge.

Rebel7284
2022-02-24, 01:55 AM
I looked in the FAQ, it may be useful

UPD: Add link.

That article also says

As a result, stripping a warforged and selling its metal is impossible; a warforged may have adamantine components, but these will rust and pit when they are pulled from the warforged.

So take that into account. Your DM may of course rule otherwise, but that article is official wizards of the coast content.

Venger
2022-02-24, 06:14 AM
FAQ ≠ RAW, so feel free to ignore it, of course. A good middle ground might be to say since it's just plate (since warforged titans aren't made of pure adamantine) and 19000 pounds of adamantine would be worth a lot of money, and say there's as much gp present in it as there would be from a normal cr 8 monster. Monsters who didn't spawn treasure when killed never seemed fair anyway.

loky1109
2022-02-24, 06:36 AM
FAQ ≠ RAW, so feel free to ignore it, of course. A good middle ground might be to say since it's just plate (since warforged titans aren't made of pure adamantine) and 19000 pounds of adamantine would be worth a lot of money, and say there's as much gp present in it as there would be from a normal cr 8 monster. Monsters who didn't spawn treasure when killed never seemed fair anyway.
It isn't FAQ, it's web content. But you of course free to ignore it. You free to ignore even RAW.

Fouredged Sword
2022-02-24, 06:47 AM
It's for Medium, not for Huge.

Right, I was thinking charger not titan. Huge is 5x normal, so 250lbs.

Venger
2022-02-24, 07:06 AM
It isn't FAQ, it's web content. But you of course free to ignore it. You free to ignore even RAW.

Ah, excuse me. The link didn't load for me; I thought it was a link to the FAQ, ignore me.