View Full Version : Legacy Champion and class referencing feats

schreier
2022-02-20, 10:54 AM
The legacy champion has this ability:
Class Features: At each level except 1st and 7th, you gain class features and an increase in effective level as if you had also gained a level in a class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. The specific class features you gain include spells per day (and spells known, if applicable), improved chance of turning or destroying undead, metamagic or item creation feats, bonus feats, monk special abilities, sneak attack progressions, and so on, depending on the class. You do not, however, gain the benefit of your previous class’s Hit Dice, attack progression, skill points, or saving throws. If you had more than one class before becoming a legacy champion, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining class abilities.

Tashalatora says "Your levels in the psionic class you selected for Monastic Traning stack with your monk levels to determine your AC bonus, flurry of blows attacks, and unarmed damage from the monk class."

Would you count levels in legacy champion as increasing the base class? If so, would it exclude levels 1 and 7?

That's my first read but I wanted to get others thoughts

Twurps
2022-02-20, 04:05 PM
Would you count levels in legacy champion as increasing the base class? If so, would it exclude levels 1 and 7?

Assuming you designate the 'psionic class that you chose tashalatora for' as the class you want to advance with legacy champion: Yes, and Yes.

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-20, 08:13 PM
Agree: Yes & Yes

because of: "an increase in effective level"
Imagine what happens when you would go back to the class you used LC for. If the effective lvl of that class wouldn't increase, you would get the same abilities again. Thus to prevent this, your effective lvl in that class is raised for all purposes. (e.g. a fighter 1/LC 3 could take weapon specialization)

Jervis
2022-02-20, 10:44 PM
Agree: Yes & Yes

because of: "an increase in effective level"
Imagine what happens when you would go back to the class you used LC for. If the effective lvl of that class wouldn't increase, you would get the same abilities again. Thus to prevent this, your effective lvl in that class is raised for all purposes. (e.g. a fighter 1/LC 3 could take weapon specialization)

Wait that makes me think. What happens if you advance a initiator PrC, does that let you advance initiator level at 1.5 times speed?

Gruftzwerg
2022-02-21, 12:17 AM
Wait that makes me think. What happens if you advance a initiator PrC, does that let you advance initiator level at 1.5 times speed?

good question.

Imho it doesn't stack. Remember that in chase of multiple rules working at the same time, that you need to utilize the Primary Source Rule to establish a rule chain/hierarchy. And now matter how that order might look like, there is no point where you add 1x with 0.5x for LC. Either LC lvls have a value of 1.0 or 0.5.
We lack the permission to count LC levels twice, so you have to ....

On second thought...
LC would increases the effective lvl of you initiator class (+1 Initiator-lvl) and would give 0.5 initiator lvls for itself. Thus an effective increase of 1.5 for each LC lvl taken.

I think my second assumption should be the correct one. Sorry, still in the wake-up process..^^